Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Christenings and Weddings and Jubliees Oh My!! ~ Royalty thread #3

Just thought I'd start a new thread for all of us.

Charles and Camilla are now in Canada. They'll be in Toronto tonight for the Victoria Day festivities and fireworks.

Tomorrow is Princess Estelle's big day and there were two new official pictures released on Friday. I need to see if I can find them again to share here, as she now looks like she's got some personality and doesn't look like every other baby does.

I can also really see her Daddy in her face now too.

Anyway...Here's the new Royalty chitter chatter home on FSU.

vCash
    Here are some new pictures of the proud parents and their little one before the Christening:
    http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-daniel--z.jpg

This is adorable:
    http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...daniel2--z.jpg

vCash
    Those are the ones I was talking about. Thanks skatesindreams!!

Hello ~ Danish princess' name revealed at beautiful family baptism

Would have loved to have seen a picture of this...

And Henrik took advantage of all the excitement for some naughty escapades.

The mischievous toddler climbed on to one of the big stone lions at the front door – only to be swiftly told off by his father.
    Kids will be kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Here are some new pictures of the proud parents and their little one before the Christening:
    http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-daniel--z.jpg

This is adorable:
    http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...daniel2--z.jpg
    These pictures are fantastic , Victoria is clearly besotted with her daughter , so lovely to see

vCash
    This is interesting...

Hello ~ Princess Madeleine's financier love poised for royal debut

In an unprecedented move, King Carl Gustaf gave his permission for the New York based financier to attend the ceremony.

He also extended the invitation to colourful Swedish model Sofia Hellqvist – who dates Madeleine's brother, Prince Carl Philip.

"It’s clearly a sign that the King officially recognises them as family members," royal commentator Roger Lundgren told The Local.

"This has never happened in Sweden. Before, people had to get engaged to a member of the royal family to get invited to official events. And I think we'll see two engagements in the not too distant future."
    *Very* interesting.

vCash
    Christening pictures... and here are the royal significant others .

Princess Estelle behaved beautifully and looked very cute. The godparents are reportedly Crown Princess Mary, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Carl-Philip and Anna Westling Söderström (Daniel's sister).

I don't approve of Maxima's red turban, while Mary looked chic as usual.
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 05-22-2012 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Wow, I had no idea it was to be a mini-royal event!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Christening pictures... and here are the royal significant others .

Princess Estelle behaved beautifully and looked very cute. The godparents are reportedly Crown Princess Mary, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Carl-Philip and Anna Westling Söderström (Daniel's sister).
    Thank you!
    HRH Princess Estelle, and all the "principals" , looked wonderful.

vCash
    Non-geoblocked video from Swedish tv.

HRH let out a couple little baby grunts when Victoria handed her over to the priest. Too cute.

vCash
    Thanks to one and all for all of the links of Her little Royal Highness' big day today.

I'm okay w/Maxima and her turbans. She tends to break them out for big occasions when she's not the main focus of things, which makes me love her all the more. She wore one for Wills and Kate's Wedding Day and for something else big that didn't have anything to do w/the Dutch Royal Family, but I can't remember what. Love her for that.

So...The wondering and hunches that the "Mary" in HRH's name was for Crown Princess Mary seems to be right. She looked lovely, but she generally does, so...

For those not hockey fans or Canadians...On Hockey Night in Canada during the first intermission there's a piece called Coaches Corner w/Don Cherry who was the Head Coach of the Boston Bruins during the Bobby Orr years. You either love or hate Grapes, but we love him. Anyway...

Last night, Don showed something that literally made me whimper and then turn bright green in envy. He brought on an heirloom of his Family. His Grandmother had brought it to Canada w/her from Scotland. What was it?

A gorgeous silver platter that celebrated Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubliee. In pristine condition I might add.

He just wanted to show something to bring up our present Queen's Diamond Jubliee and then also welcome Charles and Camilla to Canada. He did that, but I'm betting every other Monarchist watching in Canada were also whimpering and then turning green right along w/me at that moment last night.

Tempted to write and ask him if none of his kids are interested in it, I know where it would have a very lovely and respected in home for the future.

Maybe not, but...Awfully tempted.

vCash
    Oh, little Estelle is just precious!

vCash
    Little Estelle looks like a baby doll in some of the pictures. I adore the one she yawns at! Too cute.

Does anyone here know why some of the men are in uniform and others aren't?
    And the text listed Daniel as Crown Prince. Did he actually become Crown Prince? Somehow I had thought he had "just" become a prince.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Little Estelle looks like a baby doll in some of the pictures. I adore the one she yawns at! Too cute.
    Was just coming to share the link to that picture at Daylife w/those who haven't seen it yet.

It's just *so* tiring being the star of the show

Does anyone here know why some of the men are in uniform and others aren't?
    And the text listed Daniel as Crown Prince. Did he actually become Crown Prince? Somehow I had thought he had "just" become a prince.
    I was wondering that one myself. Along w/where was Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway? Thought it was odd that Haakon was there and she wasn't, especially as Victoria is one of Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Godparents. One person who did attend and I'm guessing this is her first major Royal event appearance was Hereditary Grand Duke Guilliame of Luxembourg's fiancee. I was shocked by the amount of Royals who were invited and attended, as I had no idea little Estelle's Christening would end up being such a huge occasion.

Then again, the Swedish Royal Family seem to be very close w/the other RFs. Just sad that once again there was no one there from the Windsors. It would have been nice to see Sophie and Edward there, as they were at the Wedding. Anyway...Not that big a surprise there wasn't someone from the British RF there. Just saying it's sad the others were there and...Yeah.

AFAIK Daniel's full title is HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Vasgotland. I know there's a good chance I've got the place name of Victoria's Duchess-dom wrong, but I think it's close. He is not Crown Prince and will not have the title of King when Victoria ascends the throne someday. He'll have the same title as Prince Phillip does, which is Prince Consort.

Hope that clears things up a wee bit for you.

In other Royal news...A bit of history took place in Toronto today. Camilla officially became the Honourary Colonel in Chief of The Queen's Own Rifles Regiment and as part of the ceremony at their headquarters, their new CiC spoke to her Regiment. What's the big deal about that? Oh, it was only Camilla's first speech outside of the UK.

Would have loved to have watched the Ceremony at Old Fort York earlier this evening to mark the 100th Anniversary of the War of 1812 and Military Muster, but none of the news networks carried the entire thing. Just showed bits and pieces here and there during their "coverage" of the event.

I love that kind of stuff, plus it's History, so I wish it had been shown properly, but...Oh well!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Nice story about Prince William's pre-wedding jitters last year: http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/princ...163309750.html
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I was wondering that one myself. Along w/where was Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway?
    Maybe she was in the crowd somewhere? Was Crown Prince Frederick there? I only saw pictures of Crown Princess Mary with Crown Prince Alexander and Haakon.
    Do you know if Mary and Alexander are Godparents? Just wondering because they were in a group shot with Victoria and Daniel and the King and Queen and without their significant others.

AFAIK Daniel's full title is HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Vasgotland. I know there's a good chance I've got the place name of Victoria's Duchess-dom wrong, but I think it's close. He is not Crown Prince and will not have the title of King when Victoria ascends the throne someday. He'll have the same title as Prince Phillip does, which is Prince Consort.

Hope that clears things up a wee bit for you.
    Yes, thanks. It's what I thought so the mentioning of Crown Prince Daniel confused me. But then, one of the photos also listed Princess Estelle as being in the picture twice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Maybe she was in the crowd somewhere? Was Crown Prince Frederick there? I only saw pictures of Crown Princess Mary with Crown Prince Alexander and Haakon.
    Do you know if Mary and Alexander are Godparents? Just wondering because they were in a group shot with Victoria and Daniel and the King and Queen and without their significant others.
    Crown Prince Frederik was there - sitting next to Princess Maxima and her red turban. The godparents sat on the other side: they indeed include Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, as well as Crown Prince Haakon, Prince Carl-Philip, and Anna Westling Söderström (the princess's paternal aunt).

I did not see CP Mette-Marit anywhere, including in the arrival shots. I don't think she was there, for whatever reason. And there were also no Spanish royals, as far as I could tell.

vCash
    I wouldn't put too much stock into the titles put in the photo sites. The ones that bug me the most is when they attach titles to Princess Caroline of Monaco/Hanover's 3 eldest children. Yes, they are very high in the line of succession in Monaco, and yes, their mother is a Princess, but that doesn't mean they've been granted titles.

Anyway, I very much doubt Prince Daniel has been made Crown Prince Daniel, as it implies that HE is the heir to the throne, and not his wife.

vCash
    Her Majesty the Queen has some new "bling" in honor of her Jubilee:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ee-brooch.html

Tranquillo
    vCash
    A thoughtful friend in the UK sent me one of the tins of Twining Tea celebrating the Diamond Jubilee. I love the random Queenly items on the tin including a corgi, a hat and sensible low heeled shoes.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Can't say I love the flower brooch.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast