Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gracie's SB only guaranteed 1 GP, or else Mirai would have had 2 GPs too
    USFSA probably politicked for Gracie
    Yes.

I was talking about Flatt and not Nagasu, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    https://twitter.com/#!/joshdfarris/s...84561077121024

Josh wanted a gp but didn't get one. ETA: IMHO, that s*cks esp when skaters not on top 24 world ranking or sb got one gp
    It's probably in his better interest, in the end.

vCash
    nevermind
    Last edited by LilJen; 05-22-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Well, I guess we're starting to see the consequences of limiting GP spots on worthy US skaters. (and probably other countries as well, but I'm not as clued in)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/#!/joshdfarris/s...84561077121024

Josh wanted a gp but didn't get one. ETA: IMHO, that s*cks esp when skaters not on top 24 world ranking or sb got one gp
    Wait wasn't he 20th on the SB list? Meaning he was in the top 24 meaning he should have been guaranteed 1 event? I thought that's how it worked. If he did in fact submit his name he should be on the roster, unless, did the rule change and only those in the top 24 on the WORLD RANKING are guaranteed a GP event? Can anyone confirm this? If the rule didn't change, I think Josh could file a complaint explaining the error made.

vCash
    Josh was guaranteed one event and if he wanted it and didn't get the only reason I can think of is USFS not sending his name which of course would be a big time dropping the ball scenario.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Well, I guess we're starting to see the consequences of limiting GP spots on worthy US skaters. (and probably other countries as well, but I'm not as clued in)
    We already saw it last season, IMO. It's worse for pairs and dancers, too.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Yeah, the rule changes are really fecking things up. It's not pleasant.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Wait wasn't he 20th on the SB list? Meaning he was in the top 24 meaning he should have been guaranteed 1 event? I thought that's how it worked. If he did in fact submit his name he should be on the roster, unless, did the rule change and only those in the top 24 on the WORLD RANKING are guaranteed a GP event? Can anyone confirm this? If the rule didn't change, I think Josh could file a complaint explaining the error made.
    Farris: 26th WR, 19th SB, 2nd JW, 3rd JGPF; NO invitation.
    Machida: 24th WR, 26th SB; TWO invitations (SA, COC).
    Rogozine: 33rd WR, 29th SB; ONE invitation (NHK).
    Voronov: 17th Worlds, 62nd WR, 25th SB; ONE invitation (NHK).
    Last edited by euterpe; 05-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Machida: 25th WR, 26th SB; TWO invitations (SA, COC).
    Machida is top 24 WR
    Not sure how Ragozine, Menshov, Dmitriev, Hendrix, and Voronov got one as they weren't host picks. Rules must have changed?

So strange to have the entries come out before the GP announcement and the rules. Are they trying to make the GP rules fit what they've decided?

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Machida: 25th WR, 26th SB; TWO invitations (SA, COC).
    Yeah don't forget about Bush and Dmitriev getting one as well. WTF?? Their ranking and seasons best is worst than the above. Oh well, tis is life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Yeah don't forget about Bush and Dmitriev getting one as well. WTF?? There ranking and seasons best is worst than the above. Oh well, tis is life.
    There are others lower on both lists who got assignments, but they were host picks. I listed only the INVITATIONS from other federations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Josh was guaranteed one event and if he wanted it and didn't get the only reason I can think of is USFS not sending his name which of course would be a big time dropping the ball scenario.
    Oh dear, this could be serious. I was concerned at Nationals when Josh's PCS were significantly lower than on the JGP while most everyone else was getting huge national inflation in regards to PCS, but I chalked it up to him not skating well at Nationals, but now...

The boy was 2nd at JW, 0.47 of a point from WINNING the entire competition! Dmitriev was 14th at the same event and he has a GP that isn't even a host pick, and he didn't make the JGPF either where Josh was a strong 3rd, just a handful of points off the lead. His SB is less than a point below those of Rippon and Miner who each have 2 GPs, and is over 15 points higher than Ricky Dornbush's SB and Ricky also has 2 GPs!
    The boy clearly deserves at least 1 GP if not 2!

If USFS actually shafted him and didn't submit his name for selection when he asked to be considered, I would look into switching representation, honestly. He is just as good as Rippon and Miner already, his SB shows that, and further, he doesn't have 3a problems like Rippon does and is farther along on his quad than Miner is (and honestly, than Rippon is too). And then beyond those two and Abbott, his SB crushed those of any other US senior men this season, and that was at a junior event!

Any smart federation would be grooming him for the Olympic team in 2014, Abbott is not getting any younger, Rippon has major technique issues, Weir was a headcase in his prime, Miner is solid and consistency but his artistry needs a lot of work and he has no quad yet, and all the other US men apart from Dornbush, who is probably the best all-around skater after Abbott at this point but seems to be headed down the headcase path as of late, get abysmally low marks internationally.

The international judges like Josh, they give him freaking 7s for PCS at junior events! He has well-developed artistry, solid technique, a strong and reliable 3a, has been training a 4t for over a year now and has attempted it in competition before, great spins that consistently get level 4s and +2s for GOE, and he's 17! Seriously, USFS, you are delusional if you think Rippon, Miner, and Abbott are better hopes for the future than this kid.

I hope Josh kicks butt on the JGP and then again at Nationals and gets marked fairly to show how stupid USFS is for screwing him over like this.

vCash
    Machida is top 24 WR
    Not sure how Ragozine, Menshov, Dmitriev, Hendrix, and Voronov got one as they weren't host picks. Rules must have changed?

So strange to have the entries come out before the GP announcement and the rules. Are they trying to make the GP rules fit what they've decided?
    Menshov is in the top 24 WR I believe due to a B competition before WTT.

If they are trying to fit in the new GP rules, I guess the age rule didn't pass

I don't think Dmitriev is host pick, Russia is TBA.
    Last edited by Jemestone; 05-22-2012 at 01:56 AM.

vCash
    Machida is top 24 WR

Menshov: 21 WR, 34 SB
    Hendrickx: 27 WR, 28 SB
    Dmitriev: 37 WR, 29 SB, COC---not a host pick

The COR TBA might be a placeholder for Plushenko.

vCash
    The men's 60 GP slots break down by country & number of men per country as follows:
    12 countries, 33 different men + 6 TBA slots

JPN 13 slots / 7 [corrected from 6] different men
    USA 12 / 6 + 1 TBA
    CAN 7 / 4 + 1 TBA
    RUS 7 / 5 + 1 TBA
    FRA 5 / 2 + 1 TBA
    CHN 4 / 3 + 1 TBA
    CZE 4 / 2
    ESP 2 / 1
    ITA 2 / 1
    KAZ 2 / 1
    BEL 1
    SWE 1
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-22-2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: to correct the # of JPN men & remove the TBA
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yeah don't forget about Bush and Dmitriev getting one as well. WTF?? Their ranking and seasons best is worst than the above. Oh well, tis is life.
    Also Dornbush, Miner, and Rippon all got 2 and were only guaranteed one. The SB of Miner and Rippon is a virtual tie with that of Farris and Dornbush's is much lower. WR is higher but not even by that much.

Plus then there's Majarov who has a low SB score as well.

This is such a load of BS. Poor Josh.

vCash
    Machida is top 24 WR

So long as it ends up matching the rules they come up with
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Also Dornbush, Miner, and Rippon all got 2 and were only guaranteed one. The SB of Miner and Rippon is a virtual tie with that of Farris and Dornbush's is much lower. WR is higher but not even by that much.

Plus then there's Majarov who has a low SB score as well.

This is such a load of BS. Poor Josh.
    Majorov WR is in the top 24 so he got the assignment he deserved

vCash
    Majorov WR is in the top 24 so he got the assignment he deserved
    Yeah I thought he had 2 but just checked and no just one. His SB is low though even if his WS is high.

vCash
    Yeah I thought he had 2 but just checked and no just one. His SB is low though even if his WS is high.
    That's because he skates at every competition possible, unless he is injured, and it helps his WR.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast