Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SUN View Post
    Which result puts her [Osmond] in the top 5?
    For the GP selections only the ISU Championships and Junior and Senior GP SB count. International competitions count for the World Standings only.
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    SUN- Kaetlyn's score from Junior Worlds puts her in the top 5 SB score of those on the alternate list yet to be assigned to 2 GP events, which is what they are choosing from.
    Ladies on last season's ISU Season Best scores list with 1 or 0 GP assignments as of right now: http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/...12/sbtslto.htm
    [8 Czisny USA (NHK) - requested only 1 due to her injury/surgery]
    11 Nagasu USA (China)
    38 Flatt USA (Skate America)
    41 Osmond CAN (Skate Canada)
    44 Glebova EST (TEB, selected as alternate)
    46 McCorkell GBR (none)

Have received a 1st or 2nd GP assignment as an alternate (not host pick):
    14 Korpi FIN (China)
    15 Biryukova RUS (China)
    19 Shelepen RUS (Canada)
    30 Gao USA (TEB)
    35 Lacoste CAN (China)
    37 J. Helgesson SWE (TEB)
    44 Glebova EST (TEB)

Kexin Zhang's China and TEB spots opened up yesterday.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-13-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Please anyone but Flatt. She does not deserve a second GP event. I was really looking forward to this season with the mix of older veterans and new girls competing but with all these injuries and pullouts its not looking as exciting as i thought it was going to be. Injuries i can understand but someone like Kotsner not competing is rather strange since you would think she would want to show that last season was not a fluke and keep her momentum going. As for Ando who knows what's going on with her because i can't see someone like her not being able to get a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    . I was really looking forward to this season with the mix of older veterans and new girls competing but with all these injuries and pullouts its not looking as exciting as i thought it was going to be..
    Agree with this, this season's GP is beginning to look pretty boring. The number of injuries and pullouts is ridiculous.

vCash
    Please anyone but Flatt. She does not deserve a second GP event. I was really looking forward to this season with the mix of older veterans and new girls competing but with all these injuries and pullouts its not looking as exciting as i thought it was going to be. Injuries i can understand but someone like Kotsner not competing is rather strange since you would think she would want to show that last season was not a fluke and keep her momentum going. As for Ando who knows what's going on with her because i can't see someone like her not being able to get a coach.
    Honestly the only one who deserves it at this point is Nagasu. As much as everyone love Osmond at the moment, Mirai is the only skater in the top 20 SB list that doesn't have 2 GPs. It's a joke that there is such a huge gap between Mirai and the next available alternate on the GP list (which is Flatt at 38, who had an below mediocre 2011-2012 season). How many times has she been passed over now for an alternate spot? 3 times?

I can't believe the French want to play such a stupid game with GP alternates when their skaters don't have a chance in hell of medalling at TEB.

vCash
    Do you know Kostner personally? How can you judge someone if you don't really know her? I hate when people are criticising skaters for their decisions even without knowing what was the reason behind that decision. (E.g. people here were criticising Asada for staying in Japan and not being willing to train abroad and only later we learned that her mother was seriously ill!)

My guess would be that Kostner had a really hard time with her boyfriend's doping problems this summer, so she may have spent a lot of time supporting him in his hard time and maybe she did not fully concentrate on training, which is quite understandable in that situation. Skaters use the summer for getting new programs; if she couldn't give skating her full attention, maybe it is better if she takes her time and comes to Europeans and Worlds, rather than competing at GP events with only half ready programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I hate when people are criticising skaters for their decisions even without knowing what was the reason behind that decision. (E.g. people here were criticising Asada for staying in Japan and not being willing to train abroad and only later we learned that her mother was seriously ill!
    Thanks!!!!!!! I totally agree with you.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Do you know Kostner personally? How can you judge someone if you don't really know her? I hate when people are criticising skaters for their decisions even without knowing what was the reason behind that decision. (E.g. people here were criticising Asada for staying in Japan and not being willing to train abroad and only later we learned that her mother was seriously ill!)
    This !!!!

vCash
    Michelle qualified for the GP final one year although she competed in only one GP event. She, however, elected not to compete. Mirai, think more positively!!!! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Michelle qualified for the GP final one year although she competed in only one GP event. She, however, elected not to compete.
    I don't think that is possible any more...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I don't think that is possible any more...?
    It's very unlikely but as possible now as it was back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's very unlikely but as possible now as it was back then.

It's actually not possible. The ISU did not want people to be able to qualify for the final after only competing in one event, so they changed how many points you earn for placing at events for the next season (after Michelle qualified having competed in only one event). At that time, you got 12 points for winning an event. Now, you get 15, and the scale of points is higher all the way down. It is now mathematically impossible to make the final having competed in only one event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    It's actually not possible. The ISU did not want people to be able to qualify for the final after only competing in one event, so they changed how many points you earn for placing at events for the next season (after Michelle qualified having competed in only one event). At that time, you got 12 points for winning an event. Now, you get 15, and the scale of points is higher all the way down. It is now mathematically impossible to make the final having competed in only one event.
    Ah yes of course. I forgot about the point changes, thanks for pointing that out.

vCash
    C'mon, guys, replace Kexin Zhang before it's too late and you only have nine ladies in each of those events...

vCash
    Hopefully they are on it.

vCash
    Don't have access to Kiss and Cry, so please excuse if this has already been discussed there.
    Why does Gracie G have a BYE through UGL Regionals? I thought if your international was within 7 days of your Regional, you get a BYE. UGL ends Oct 16 and Skate Canada starts on Oct 26. Have the rules changed recently, or have I missed something? Plus she's not even flying overseas, so I am confused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Don't have access to Kiss and Cry, so please excuse if this has already been discussed there.
    Why does Gracie G have a BYE through UGL Regionals? I thought if your international was within 7 days of your Regional, you get a BYE. UGL ends Oct 16 and Skate Canada starts on Oct 26. Have the rules changed recently, or have I missed something? Plus she's not even flying overseas, so I am confused.
    Recently, skaters with 2 GP events have had byes to nationals. I don't know of the specific rule that specifies this, but it's been the case for the last few years, at least.

vCash
    ^^^ I believe Rule 2473 in the USFS rulebook applies in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    There's a thread in the Trash Can on this topic: US Skaters with Byes to Nationals 2013
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-15-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ I believe Rule 2473 in the USFS rulebook applies in this situation.

There's a thread in the Trash Can on this topic: US Skaters with Byes to Nationals 2013
    Thanks, confused because a poster over at Goldenskate Forums that skates at Gracies' rink, and always seems to have an "in" on things, was posting a few days back that Gracie indeed was going to have to skate at her regional, unlike Mirai who does not.

vCash
    Since a skater can't get to the gp final by winning only one gp event, it strikes me as strange that they don't let all skaters participate in two events. It hardly seems fair to let a skater compete in only one event, knowing full well they won't have a chance to get to the final now. What other sport has this kind of competition where you are already eliminated before you start?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Since a skater can't get to the gp final by winning only one gp event, it strikes me as strange that they don't let all skaters participate in two events. It hardly seems fair to let a skater compete in only one event, knowing full well they won't have a chance to get to the final now. What other sport has this kind of competition where you are already eliminated before you start?
    Places are limited because the resources are limited. If you want two spots, you have to earn them.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast