Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    This is one of the reasons it infuriates me that there are sexist double-standards for women which require flexibility: a skater recovering from a back injury -- and they rarely fully recover before competing again -- can't protect their vulnerable spot by substituting alternate skills that, in my opinion, are equally valid.
    Seconded.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

moving right along
    vCash
    Sad to miss Evan but totally jazzed for Armin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    This is one of the reasons it infuriates me that there are sexist double-standards for women which require flexibility: a skater recovering from a back injury -- and they rarely fully recover before competing again -- can't protect their vulnerable spot by substituting alternate skills that, in my opinion, are equally valid.
    It's like when I was in high school swimming (a PE requirement at my school) and girls had to sit out pretty much every month, but guys never had to sit out. It didn't matter what your reasoning was: if you didn't compete, you showed up early for a 2-hour session to make it up. :/ Point is, get rid of these athletic double standards! Create a whole separate set of guidelines if you have to!

vCash
    Hope Evan recovers soon - in the meantime, thrilled for Armin to get a GP after all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Both untrue, from what I have heard.
    Well if true (that Mirai and USFS want her to have 2 GP spots but she keeps getting passed) that makes it really shocking.

I mean Mirai is clearly on top of the substitute list and we are now getting to a point where skaters way way down on the season's best list are getting picked because they are less of a threat to the host's own skaters.

ISU needs to force the organisers to always pick the skater/team highest on the substitute list to stop this shit (as well as other backroom deals between feds).

Honestly...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Lysacek has withdrawn from Skate America...
    Why am I not surprised?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    ‏@LynnRutherford tweeted today:
    Ice dancers Isabella Tobias & Deividas Stagniunas (LTU) withdrew from SKAM due to injury. No replacement will be added, 2 close to event.
    (also cross-posted in the SA roster thread in Kiss and Cry)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Lol SKAM... worst acronym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Lol SKAM... worst acronym
    I think CoC still takes the cake on the "bad acronym" list.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Argh, and the dance fields are so small to begin with.

I wish them a speedy recovery.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Oh, I'm so happy for Armin! Really glad he gets a GP after all. He more than deserves it! Good luck!

vCash
    Please please PLEASE don't let the Miki spots go unfilled...

vCash
    Damnit such a shame to see a spot go to waste given how small the fields are.

Given Shakira & Stag withdrew from Finlandia Trophy recently, they shouldn't have waited this long to announce this. :/

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Montalbano/Krasnapolski still haven't met the GP minimum: they missed by a hair, less than a point, last season, and they missed by more at Nebelhorn and the US International. Since they didn't compete at Nepala, the last Senior B with Pairs before SA, and the Pairs SP started on the 4 Oct without them, that means that USFS should have had 15 days notice before the start of SA to replace them, if they were not given an exception to be allowed to compete without meeting the minimum. Della Monica/Guarise could have taken that spot, or as winners of Nepala, Martyusheva/Rogonov, since the winners at the Fall Senior B's go to the bottom of the alternates list, on which there are less than five pairs.

We may have a Pairs field of seven, too, at Skate America, which will bump James/Cipres into the first warmup group.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I don't know what to think about this. M/K missed the minimum by less than a point but rules are rules and I think that the spot should have gone to Della Monica/Guarise or Martyusheva/Rogonov.

Having said that, I'd much rather see the spot go to M/K than to nobody. I mean if USFS decided to grant a provisional spot to M/K and then not replace them once they haven't reached the minimum score after all, then

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Having said that, I'd much rather see the spot go to M/K than to nobody. I mean if USFS decided to grant a provisional spot to M/K and then not replace them once they haven't reached the minimum score after all, then
    Agreed.

vCash
    AGH

Minimum score drama with M/K makes me wonder why USFS would pick them over one of these qualified but not major competition for Denney/Coughlin teams.

People withdrawing late and no one bothering to replace them bugs me. I get why it's too late for T/S, but it's far from too late to put two qualified girls into Ando's spots. And I'll be really frustrated if the ISU doesn't.

vCash
    And it will be frustrating too if TEB doesn't find someone for Zahorski/Miart' spot. If they split few weeks ago, they should have been replace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    And it will be frustrating too if TEB doesn't find someone for Zahorski/Miart' spot. If they split few weeks ago, they should have been replace.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Cup of China : Sofia BIRYUKOVA (RUS) IN
    Trophée Bompard : Elena GLEBOVA (EST) IN

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast