Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    Is Candice Didier still competing? I hope she is.
    After winning Winter Universiade in 2011,
    we haven't seen her compete in any games.
    She didn't compete last year, I'm not sure why - injuries again? But she's on the most recent entry list for the Masters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Marrocco is already on the entry list for TEB. But French Masters is in a couple of weeks, and my guess is that if either of the ladies not assigned to TEB (Candice Didier or Lenaëlle Gilleron-Gory) does well there, she'll get the third spot for France. Otherwise, who knows.
    Doh! You can tell I need sleep.

Knowing French fed, they won't enter Didier or Gilleron-Gory unless they skate amazingly well at Masters. And that isn't very likely to happen.

vCash
    Gilleron-Gory competed this weekend on the jgp, so that would make her ineligible for the GP, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    Gilleron-Gory competed this weekend on the jgp, so that would make her ineligible for the GP, no?
    I'll admit I don't really follow the JGP so I hadn't realized she was competing there. In that case I guess it's either Didier or the spot goes to a non-French lady. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be Nagasu, of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    He never was. Link to a recent discussion on this topic: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...03#post3688203

thanks, Sylvia. I missed that discussion completely.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshan View Post
    Personally, I don't think that's gonna be fair if she does. . .
    Based on what exactly? Mirai has been passed over for a least 2 substitution spots, which were already questionable selections. Skate Canada didn't place 3 ladies at their own event due to lack of skaters, the French Federation could easily do the same.

vCash
    I doubt USFS is going to assign someone else to SA. They gave it to Alexe Gilles twice when she wasn't skating well either. Rachael is well known, an Olympian, former US champion, and is a full-time student at Stanford, she'll help attract publicity and audience members. That's probably why she was assigned in the first place, not because they expect her to place well there.

vCash
    There is something very odd about the non-selection of Nagasu. Has she requested to only have 1 GP? Any recent interviews?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    There is something very odd about the non-selection of Nagasu. Has she requested to only have 1 GP? Any recent interviews?
    There were rumors after GP selection that USFSF somehow arranged 2 GPs for Zawadzki by giving her Nagasu's second GP. I don't know if it's actually true, but I guess it makes sense, Nagasu still didn't get second GP when skaters like Gao did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    There were rumors after GP selection that USFSF somehow arranged 2 GPs for Zawadzki by giving her Nagasu's second GP. I don't know if it's actually true, but I guess it makes sense, Nagasu still didn't get second GP when skaters like Gao did
    I wouldn't be surprised by this, after the amount of replacements there have been on the GP so far, Mirai should've had a second GP a while ago. I hope that it has been her choice to only to one GP, if not it's pretty screwed up that she is basically being robbed of a second spot.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    Yes. skaters have to be submitted to the ISU by the Federations for either junior or senior consideration.

Re:Nagasu, she's the only senior woman in the Top 24 Season's Best except for Czisny (by request) who hasnt't received a second.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Based on what exactly? Mirai has been passed over for a least 2 substitution spots, which were already questionable selections. Skate Canada didn't place 3 ladies at their own event due to lack of skaters, the French Federation could easily do the same.
    Based on Zawadski is already assigned to Mirai's second GP event ( don't know how USFSA did this. . .).
    Canada opted to promote promising junior ice dance team rather than another mediocre lady. Not sure French Fed will do the same (there's not much USFSA can offer to help Mirai. And...Will they? Really doubtful).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I doubt USFS is going to assign someone else to SA. They gave it to Alexe Gilles twice when she wasn't skating well either. Rachael is well known, an Olympian, former US champion, and is a full-time student at Stanford, she'll help attract publicity and audience members. That's probably why she was assigned in the first place, not because they expect her to place well there.
    There are already 3 US skaters entered to SA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshan View Post
    Based on Zawadski is already assigned to Mirai's second GP event ( don't know how USFSA did this. . .).
    Canada opted to promote promising junior ice dance team rather than another mediocre lady. Not sure French Fed will do the same (there's not much USFSA can offer to help Mirai. And...Will they? Really doubtful).
    it seems they are heavily pusging on Zawadzki and shoving off Mirai
    which doesn't make sense because Zawadzki is equally a headcase

vCash
    But I thought the logic was that Nagasu was the American most likely to be plucked off the substitution list, so she would get a 2nd GP that way. Agnes was unlikely to get a 2nd GP as a sub, so they had to get her one in the initial round of assignments.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    But I thought the logic was that Nagasu was the American most likely to be plucked off the substitution list, so she would get a 2nd GP that way. Agnes was unlikely to get a 2nd GP as a sub, so they had to get her one in the initial round of assignments.
    I think you are right, it was probably this strategy. However, if no one needs substitute, the strategy may backfire and Mirai will end up with only one GP event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think you are right, it was probably this strategy. However, if no one needs substitute, the strategy may backfire and Mirai will end up with only one GP event.
    This is so silly. Hopefully she simply turned it down, because she should have been given a second one a while ago. I'm tired of the hosts of the GPs being given the option to fill out their rosters with weaker skaters rather than those who belong there based on ability/score. GPs aren't supposed to be events to showcase the home skaters and make sure they have their best medal chances... GPs are supposed to showcase a top international field of skaters, period.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If Nagasu didn't turn down a second, then the issue is the ambiguous wording in the announcement that on the one hand seems to say that everyone in the Top 24 should get a second before anyone else is assigned, plus other wording that suggests that the groups of five are set up front and implies that everyone in the first group gets assigned (if possible) before anyone in the second five gets assigned, and the practice which seems to be that after the first is assigned, someone from the second group moves into the selection group of five.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I'm surprised with all of the inside we have on this board, no one knows whether Nagasu was offered and turned down a second assignment.
    Last edited by toddlj; 09-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There are already 3 US skaters entered to SA.
    I meant instead of Rachael.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast