Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    France still has a Pairs TBA for TEB, so it's likely that James/Cipres will end up filling that slot?

TBA host spots:
    Skate America: filled today by Lysacek, Castelli/Shnapir, Anastasia Cannuscio/Colin McManus
    Skate Canada: men, ladies, pairs
    Cup of China: men, ladies, dance
    Rostelecom Cup: men, ladies, pairs
    TEB: men, ladies, pairs, dance
    NHK: none
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Last season, all of the host TBA's except France's were on the rosters by 2 September. (France announced in October.) This season, the deadline for confirming the original rosters was 1 August, two weeks earlier than last season. I'm not sure if this will impact the TBA announcements across the board, but from USFS' announcement, I'm guessing the unpublished deadline has been moved closer.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Zijun must have turned down the TEB offer for sure.. Now the question is, can you turn down an invitation and still get your host spot (COC) later???

So Next 5 Ladies to chose for TEB are:

Nagasu
    Gao
    Lacoste
    Helgesson J
    Flatt

NO russian ladies cause there are already 3 entered.
    I kinda wanted Zijun to have 2 GPs, why would she turn it down?

I hope Mirai gets TEB. I'm not sure how I feel about her anymore, except I don't want to write her off already.

vCash
    I think the TBA spot of COC is for Zijun,but Kostner didn't compete make her take TEB.you know,Zijun is the most popular skater in china,much popular than other two girls,COC would like to have her to attract more audience.Don't know if she can have the spot after she take down TEB offer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I think the TBA spot of COC is for Zijun,but Kostner didn't compete make her take TEB.you know,Zijun is the most popular skater in china,much popular than other two girls,COC would like to have her to attract more audience.Don't know if she can have the spot after she take down TEB offer...
    I suppose that would depend on the explanation the Chinese Fed gave the ISU. IF they told ISU that the Zijun had been assigned Coc and therefore cannot do TEB .... but I am surprised that her name wasn't simultaneously added to Coc

vCash
    Two more dance teams to fill GP. Is it possible that Chock/Bates might be on the top list to fill one of these spots which made them not being picked for SA? I was surprised that they were not picked despite doing well at LP, beat the other team. Not sure what was the strategy behind it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    Two more dance teams to fill GP. Is it possible that Chock/Bates might be on the top list to fill one of these spots which made them not being picked for SA? I was surprised that they were not picked despite doing well at LP, beat the other team. Not sure what was the strategy behind it.
    Those two spots are HOST spots (more likely Yu/Wang and Zahorski/Miart), so unless a team withdraws previously enough to be replaced C&B will only have 1 event this year.

vCash
    According to this http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2012/gpsladies.htm the empty TEB spot has gone to Christina Gao. That's great for Christina but seems unfair to Mirai Nagasu who is so much higher in the seasons best scores and world standings.

vCash
    And unfair to us because Mirai is much more exciting. (in my opinion )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Those two spots are HOST spots (more likely Yu/Wang and Zahorski/Miart), so unless a team withdraws previously enough to be replaced C&B will only have 1 event this year.
    C/B already on list for China, so the only possibility for them is TEB, right?

vCash
    If they went through Li and Gao, I would think that Nagasu turned down the pick possibly? I'm not entirely sure - yes, the French fed would certainly want to make it easier for their skaters but with or without Nagasu it's already a relatively difficult field.

vCash
    Gao has two GP events? Mirai even though she's struggled the last year or two has done much better then Christina has on the GP and still has more potential.

vCash
    IMO, Gao got it over Nagasu because Gao is less competition for the French ladies.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Well, duh, but according to their own policies, which were created to avoid diluted fields, Nagasu should have had the spot, unless it was declined.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer2 View Post
    C/B already on list for China, so the only possibility for them is TEB, right?
    Not quite. That TEB is a HOST spot, more than likely reserved for Zahorski & Miart. If the French decide not to use it on their own teams they could chose any of the top 5 from the substitute list but I dont think thats gonna hapen.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Sorry, didn't see the quote.

vCash
    I really think Mirai's team probably turned it down. Mirai has never been an early season skater and she has little to gain in getting a second event, as she is unlikely to get on GPF and the judges have already proven they're willing to give her good scores when she does well.

Also since she finished outside of the top 5 last year, doesn't she have to go through qualifying now to get to Nationals? Basically if she did TEB, she would end up having to do three competitions in three weeks (Cup of China Nov. 2-4; Pacific Coast Sectionals Nov. 9-13; TEB Nov. 16-18). Although she could get a bye if she did TEB, yes?

Hi, new poster and long-time lurker. (And yes, I'm the same Mrs. P from GS.)

ETA: Sectionals, not regionals.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 08-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Basically if she did TEB, she would end up having to do three competitions in three weeks (Cup of China Nov. 2-4; Pacific Coast Regionals Nov. 9-13; TEB Nov. 16-18). Although she could get a bye if she did TEB, yes?
    Based on the event dates for Cup of China, she would most likely have to compete at Regionals, but get a bye out of Sectionals (I think you probably meant Sectionals in your post).

vCash
    As of right now, Nagasu is scheduled to compete at her Regional Championships (Southwest Pacific, Oct. 12-16) but should have a bye through the Pacific Coast Sectional Championships to Nationals due to Cup of China being the week before.

I doubt Nagasu and her team would decline a 2nd GP assignment and think it's more likely that the French federation just elected not to choose her.

ETA: Rachael Flatt's Skate America assignment should get her out of her Regionals but it currently appears she will have to compete at Sectionals in order to qualify for Nationals.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-11-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ETA: Rachael Flatt's Skate America assignment should get her out of her Regionals but it currently appears she will have to compete at Sectionals in order to qualify for Nationals.
    Oh....so she plans to compete at Nationals this year? I thought she was done.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast