Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Good to know Johnny is indeed returning to skate - it is no hot air. Where is Evan (USA TBA)? (RUSSIA TBA) = Plushenko?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Julia Lipnitskaia and her coach Eteri Tutberidze are hoping that the rules don't change and she will be able to compete on the GP. They had to get into the GP assignments now, it would have been too late to say after the Congress that she'd like to compete at the senior GP. If there is a rule change and she becomes ineligible because of her age, she will just withdraw and be replaced. She still can get into the Junior Grand Prix.
    what would I do without you? thank you for clarifying for me. You are right, that's the best way. I hadn't thought about that in these terms.

vCash
    The assignments for TEB are awesome, I am really glad.
    Jeremy and Johnny!
    And Aljona and Robin returning plus Kavaguti/Smirnov. I
    would have liked to see Ladwig/Davis too, but I should not be greedy.
    And I am also looking forward to the amazingly strong looking ladies field, Caro and Miki and the three young Russians plus Ashley Wagner!
    The ice dance field seems not so fierce, but as I am a big fan of Pechalat/Bourzat and also really like Riazanova/Tkachenko, it should be great fun!

vCash
    Seemingly staying junior unless they've aged out?

Men- Yan Han, Jason Brown, Joshua Farris, He Zhang, Maxim Kovtun, Keiji Tanaka, Ryuju Hino, Mikhail Kolyada, Shoma Uno, Ryuichi Kihara, June Hyoung Lee, etc.

Ladies- Satoko Miyahara, Risa Shoji, Samantha Cesario, Courtney Hicks, Anna Shershak, Hae Jin Kim, Polina Agafonova, Vanessa Lam, Yasmin Siraj, Hannah Miller, Ashley Cain, Anais Ventard, Miu Sato

PAIRS- Davankova/Deputat, Yu/Jin, Denney/Frazier, Simpson/Blackmer, Purdy/Marinaro, Fedorova/Miroshkin, Calalang/Sidhu, Li/Jiang, Tudvaseva/Lisiev, Gainetdinova/Bich

DANCE- Stepanova/Bukin, Yanovskaya/Mozgov, Aldridge/Eaton, Papadakis/Cizeron, Zenkova/Sinitsin, Koch/Nuchtern, Kosigina/Moroshkin, Galyeta/Shumski
    Last edited by haribobo; 05-21-2012 at 11:58 AM.

vCash
    I've many random thoughts
    Giving 2 events each skater/couple, the GP opens to new skaters, of that I'm happy !
    Weir I bet he is so happy to skate in Moscow ! Nice to see him back.
    I see so many Russian and Canadian dance team, I'm impressed.
    I'm happy Guignard-Fabbri have the possibility to skate in a GP event !!
    I have a question, why do you think Sk Canada choose GIlles_Poirier instead of Weaver _Poje ?
    It's just a question I know anything about canada's teams and politics.
    txs to anyone who want to asnwer.

vCash
    I'm glad that Zlobina/Sitnikov, Shelpen and Regan/Yankowskas all got assignments.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm glad that Zlobina/Sitnikov, Shelpen and Regan/Yankowskas all got assignments.
    Me too, except the pairs event in China is a killer since it takes place in the middle of the night here. I'll just have to go to bed early since I do not want to miss Y/R's debut.

And damn, but I'd like to go to SA now to see V/T and Donlan/Spieroff. Alas, there's no way I can manage right in the middle of the fall term.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Canada Ladies
    Two: None
    One: Lacoste(Canada), Osmond (Canada) & TBA (Canada)

Canada Men
    Two: Chan (Canada/Russia), Reynolds(China/Japan)
    One: Firus (Canada), Rogozine(Japan), TBA(Canada)

Ice Dance
    Two: Weaver/Poje(US/China), Gilles/Poirier(Canada/France), Virtue/Moir(Canada/Russia)
    One: Ralph/Hill(Canada), Orford/Williams(Japan)

Pairs
    Two: Dube/Wolfe(USA/Russia), Duhamel/Radford(Canada/France), Paige/Lawrence(Canada/Russia),Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (China/Japan)

One:TBA(Canada)

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I'm very glad Osmond is moving senior, this is the right call. And Phenuef got nothing - I hope Skate Canada will have a skate off for the TBA.
    I don't remember the last time, if ever, Canadian ladies didn't get other grand prixs besides Skate Canada. We don't deserve them, clearly, but wow....
    I think they are sending a message to Phaneuf.

vCash
    Is Phaneuf retiring or is Skate Canada (the organization) just making her work for it? That TBA in the ladies strikes me as odd.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I'm really excited to see Jeremy get TEB - I spoke with him last year there and he said he always asks for it and never gets it, so I'm glad it finally paid off for him!

I understand why the federations involved would want it, but the 2nd and 3rd seeds in the Men being at NHK and 4th and 5th being at TEB is a bit confusing - I thought the ISU rules about seeding would override the preferences of individual federations. And selfishly, I wanted to see Dai in Paris!

vCash
    Russia Pairs

Two: Volosozhar/Trankov(US/Russia), Kavaguti/Smirnov(China/France), Stolbova/Klimov(China/France), Bazarova/Larionov(Russia/Japan)
    One: Gerbolt/Enbert(Canada), TBA(Russia)

Dance Russia
    Two: Bobrova/Soloviev (USA/China), Riaznova/Tkachenko(Canada/France), Sinitsina/Zhighashin(China/Russia), Ilinykh/Katsalapov(Russia/Japan)
    One: Pushkash/Guerreiro(France), Monko/Khaliavin(Russia)

Ladies Russia
    Two: Leonova (US/Russia), Stotnikova(US/Russia), Makarova(Canada/Japan), Tuktamysheva(Canada/France), Lipnitskaia(China/France)
    One: Shelepen(Japan), Biryukova(Japan), Korbeynikova(France), TBA(Russia)

China Pairs

Two: Pang/Tong (USA/China), Peng/Zhang(China/France), Sui/Han(China/Japan)

Men Japan
    Two: Hanyu(US/Japan), Kozuka(US/Russia), Machida(US/China), Mura(Canada/France), Oda(Canada/Russia), Takahaski(China/Japan)
    One: Murakami(Japan)

Ladies Japan

Two: Imai(US/Japan), Murakami (Canada/Russia), Suzuki (Canada/Japan), Asada(China/Japan), Ando(China/France),

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    I have a question, why do you think Sk Canada choose GIlles_Poirier instead of Weaver _Poje ?
    They have Virtue/Moir there already, so it might just be strategical. I'm more surprised that Paul/Islam were not given anything.

vCash
    Thanks for the post!

So many interesting entries. Even more exciting than ever

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Evan? After he changed the agent, I thought things were going well with USFSA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    US Ladies:
    Two: Wagner (USA/France), Gold and Zhang (Canada/Russia), Zawadzki (Russia/Japan)
    One: Nagasu (China), Czisny (Japan)

US Men:
    Two: Abbott (USA/France), Miner (Canada/Japan), Rippon (China/Japan), Dornbush (Russia/Japan), Weir (Russia/France)
    One: Razzano (US)

US Pairs
    Two: Denney/Coughlin (USA/Russia), Marley/Brubaker (Canada/Japan)
    One: Donlan/Speroff (USA), Yankowskas/Regan (USA), Davis/Ladwig (Japan)

US Dance:
    Two: Davis/White (USA/Japan), Hubbell/Donohue (Canada, Japan), Shibutani (Russia/Japan)
    One: Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt (USA), Chock/Bates (China)
    Need to make a correction.....or addition...
    US Ladies: One event: Christina Gao and Rachael Flatt

I can't say that the comment made somehwere above about Nagasu and Czisny each receiving one SGP is "getting dumped". When the SGP format went down to 10 slots/event, it just made getting assignments that much more difficult. Just not enough slots to go around quite frankly. If they are both serious about continuing to compete, I suspect that USFS will find Sr B's to send them to, esp Nagasu, so that she won't have to compete at either regionals or sectionals. Czisny can stay home all autumn and "recover" and just go out and do one event if that is all she wants to do as she will have a bye to Omaha. And, I suspect that is why Czisny rec'd Japan, the last SGP event. USFS still likes her IMO, and they are going to give her time to figure out her life.

I'm really surprised that Josh Farris and Jason Brown are staying on the JGP. Not sure what the strategy for those decisions. Is this the 3rd yr for each of them on the JGP?
    Hmmmm...no Evan.... not surprised by that.
    And Johnny....getting 2 events.....USFS and their love/hate relationship with him....but they still will politic for him to get him to events because he still sells tickets.
    Alittle suprised by new pair teams getting assignments....and unproven at this point (Y/R and D/L)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    They have Virtue/Moir there already, so it might just be strategical. I'm more surprised that Paul/Islam were not given anything.
    And that Orford/Williams who finished behind them and weren't stellar at Junior Worlds did get a spot (in fact lost a whole pile of JGP slots for Canada when they were expected to finish higher but didn't). While Paul/Islam had an injury filled year, and therefore a lousy season results wise, if they are healthy, they are in a different league from a quality and skills perspective. This is unfathomable to me. Wow.

vCash
    For US Pairs Castelli and Schnapir and Vise Baldwin also have one event

vCash
    How the hell did Nazarova/Nikitin manage to get a GP assigment?

Seeing only 8 spots in Pairs and especially Ice Dance is so .

So many decent teams denied spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    And that Orford/Williams who finished behind them and weren't stellar at Junior Worlds did get a spot (in fact lost a whole pile of JGP slots for Canada when they were expected to finish higher but didn't). While Paul/Islam had an injury filled year, and therefore a lousy season results wise, if they are healthy, they are in a different league from a quality and skills perspective. This is unfathomable to me. Wow.
    Orford/Williams GP was an automatic one (accumulated points gave them #22 in the World standings). I know Paul/Islam struggled with injury, but I am surprised that Skate Canada didn't leave a TBD spot for their host pick and decide after some summer monitoring. It appears that Gilles/Poirier were given the early nod instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Evan? After he changed the agent, I thought things were going well with USFSA.

There's the TBA for Skate America, could possibly end up being him.

Or there's the All Star Season of DWTS, he could end up on that.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast