Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Also, the host Feds do have control over their spots, and USFS didn't use one of their assignments for Mahbanoozadeh, although it's still possible for him to get the remaining TBA.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 06-08-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted the following earlier in this thread (have since added some extra info):

From the ISU's bulletin on the 2012-13 Grand Prix: http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/p...0.html?id=1066

LADIES
    1 GP assignment received (listed in order of ISU SB score ranking):
    8 Alissa Czisny USA (NHK; #4 in World Standings; currently recovering from surgery on 6/6)
    11 Mirai Nagasu USA (Cup of China; #13 in WS)
    14 Kiira Korpi FIN (Rostelecom Cup; #5 in WS)
    15 Sofia Biryukova RUS (NHK)
    17 Polina Korobeynikova RUS (TEB)
    18 Kexin Zhang CHN (Cup of China host pick, guaranteed 1)
    19 Polina Shelepen RUS (NHK; #23 in WS)
    24 Zijun Li CHN (NHK; #20 in WS)
    30 Christina Gao USA (Skate America host pick)
    35 Amelie Lacoste CAN (Skate Canada host pick, #21 in WS)
    37 Joshi Helgesson SWE (Cup of China; #17 in WS)
    38 Rachael Flatt USA (Skate America host pick)
    41 Kaetlyn Osmond CAN (Skate Canada host pick)
    42 Mae Berenice Meite FRA (Skate America; #15 in WS)
    47 Bingwa Geng CHN (Cup of China host pick)
    62 Sarah Hecken GER (Skate America; #24 in WS)
    69 Lena Marrocco FRA (TEB host pick)

No initial GP assignment (in order of ISU SB score ranking, JGP age-eligible ladies removed except for 1):
    39 Cynthia Phaneuf CAN (#25 in WS)
    44 Elena Glebova EST
    46 Jenna McCorkell GBR
    50 Sonia Lafuente ESP (#27 in WS)
    51 Joelle Forte USA
    53 Natalia Popova UKR (#31 in WS)
    60 Yuki Nishino JPN (#28 in WS)
    63 Min-Jeong Kwak KOR (ISU Junior age-eligible 1 more season)
    65 Isabelle Olsson SWE
    66 Adriana DeSanctis CAN
    68 Kate Charbonneau CAN
    70 Kerstin Frank AUT

[I went down to #75 on the Ladies' SB scores list. Cut-off for the ladies' GP minimum score (113.43) is #98 Isabelle Drescher GER & above.]
    Kexin Zhang was top 10 at worlds and guaranteed 2 spots already. I think she is also at TEB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Kexin Zhang was top 10 at worlds and guaranteed 2 spots already. I think she is also at TEB
    Yes, you're right. I've now crossed out her name in my post on the previous page: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=335
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    and probably the return of Evan (who will likely take up the TBA at SA)
    Dream on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The federation supported Gachinski going senior because they had no successful senior men at that time.

That is certainly not the USFS' problem.
    Agree. Gachinski finished 2nd at Russian Nationals in 2011 and 2012. Compare that to Jason who finished 9th at US Nationals in 2011 and 2012; and Joshua who finished 21st at 2011 US Nationals and 16th at 2012 Nationals.

vCash
    And finally...

ICE DANCE
    1 GP assignment received (listed in order of ISU SB score ranking):
    18 Tobias/Stagnunias LTU (Skate America)
    20 Chock/Bates USA (Cup of China)
    21 Orford/Williams CAN (NHK; on 6/6/12 they were named to Rostelecom Cup off the alternate list)
    22 Alessandrini/Vaturi ITA (Skate America)
    23 Zlobina/Sitnikov AZE (Skate Canada)
    25 Ralph/Hill CAN (Skate Canada host pick)
    29 Guignard/Fabbri ITA (Cup of China)
    32 Pushkash/Guerreiro RUS (TEB)
    34 Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt USA (Skate America host pick)
    39 Reed/Reed JPN (NHK host pick)
    50 Yu/Wang CHN (NHK)

No initial GP assignment (in order of ISU SB score ranking, all known split & JGP age-eligible teams removed):
    30 Heekin-Canedy/Dun UKR
    33 Shtork/Rand EST
    40 Hurtado/Diaz ESP
    43 Walden/Edwards GBR
    45 Gorshkova/Butikov RUS
    47 Paul/Islam CAN
    55 Nagy/Fejes HUN
    58 Kubova/Kiselev CZE
    59 Pecherkina/Jakushin LAT
    60 O'Brien/Merriman AUS
    62 Mysliveckova/Brown CZE
    [GP minimum score cut-off for dance (109.59) #66 & above on SB list]

1 Dance TBA: Skate America, Cup of China (Yu/Wang as host pick?), TEB (perhaps Zahorski/Miart FRA as host pick?)

ETA: See SUN's post below re. Vanessa Crone and the "Split Couples" provision.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The first on the alternates list for dance were Vanessa Crone with the newpartner with her season best with the previous partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SUN View Post
    The first on the alternates list for dance were Vanessa Crone with the newpartner with her season best with the previous partner.
    Thanks for the reminder! (even though Crone is partnerless at the moment)

Are my men's/ladies'/pairs' lists accurate on the previous page?

ETA:
    You are right. The list of alternates is arranged based on the SB only (no matter if somebody has 1 event or not).
    But the organizers have some flexibility. The can pick anyone from the top 5.An these top 5 will be updated when someone is picked from this group. Now that Orford \Williams (I think they were 3rd or 4th in this list) are picked for the second event, the couple with the 6th SB moved to the top 5.
    Where do the 'Split Couples' with 1 initial GP assignment fit in? 3 'Split Couple' pairs -- Peng/Zhang CHN, Yankowskas/Reagan USA, and Davis/Ladwig USA -- received 1 GP each. Are they currently at the top of the pairs alternate list or below the other pairs that have 1 initial GP assignment and a Season Best score from last season?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2012 at 08:01 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In last year's announcement in the "Replacements" section (7.6), the second bullet point was:

• Split couples who were previously in the top 12 of a World Championship would be next on the list taking the points of the previous partner. This places them in second top position on the alternate listing.
    Since they've been moved to initial selections, are they even on the alternates list anymore?

If so, and "points" are SB scores, which wasn't clarified in last year's announcement -- even though they compare scores across seasons, where there different rules for programs and levels and different base values -- then for Pairs,

• Peng/Zhang inherit Zhang/Zhang's 182.54 from 2011/12 GPF.
    • Yankowskas/Reagan inherit Yankowskas/Coughlin's 175.94 from 2011 World Championships.
    • Davis/Ladwig inherit Evora/Ladwig's 170.63 from Cup of China 2011, which is both their latest and highest score of the last two seasons.

It's possible that other couples could be added, although it's surely too late for Vanessa Crone for this season after the split with Sorensen. The only split couple for dance (Gilles/Poirier) already has two for the year. There's so much conflicting language in last year's GP announcement about when the split couples need to have made Top 12 Worlds -- current season, last two seasons, no limit -- that if it is limited to the last two seasons, then Crone will be SOL for 2013 GP without a host pick, if she finds a partner. (She might also team up this season and somehow get a 4C's berth to earn a SB on her team's own.)

ETA:

Those inherited scores would put all three Pairs split couples ahead of Vise/Baldwin (155.42 at 2011 SA), and would make V/B and James/Cipres the last two teams in the top 5 SB.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 06-08-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the reminder! (even though Crone is partnerless at the moment)

Are my men's/ladies'/pairs' lists accurate on the previous page?

ETA:

Where do the 'Split Couples' with 1 initial GP assignment fit in? 3 'Split Couple' pairs -- Peng/Zhang CHN, Yankowskas/Reagan USA, and Davis/Ladwig USA -- received 1 GP each. Are they currently at the top of the pairs alternate list or below the other pairs that have 1 initial GP assignment and a Season Best score from last season?
    Newly formed pairs/couples are on the list according to their SB with the previous partners.

vCash
    Newly formed pairs/couples are on the list according to their SB with the previous partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    • Yankowskas/Reagan inherit Yankowskas/Coughlin's 175.94 from 2011 World Championships.
    • Davis/Ladwig inherit Evora/Ladwig's 170.63 from Cup of China 2011, which is both their latest and highest score of the last two seasons.

ETA:

Those inherited scores would put all three the 2 Pairs split couples ahead of Vise/Baldwin (155.42 at 2011 SA), and would make V/B and James/Cipres the last two teams in the top 5 SB.
    Oops, I left James/Cipres off my earlier list, probably assuming they would end up as France's TBA host pick for TEB. Thanks, SUN and kwanfan1818!

PAIRS - PROJECTED ALTERNATE LIST (revised; based on 2011-12 ISU SB total score rankings)
    Yankowskas/Reagan USA (split couple; Cup of China)
    Davis/Ladwig USA (split couple; NHK)
    20 Vise/Baldwin USA (Skate Canada)
    24 James/Cipres FRA (Skate America; could be TEB host pick?)
    26 Castelli/Shnapir USA (NHK)
    27 Gerboldt/Enbert RUS (Skate Canada)
    28 Hausch/Wende GER (Rostelecom Cup)
    29 Dong/Wu CHN - split?
    33 Steele/Schultz CAN
    34 Zhang/Wang CHN - split?
    35 Popova/Massot FRA (TEB host pick)
    38 Kemp/King GBR (Skate America)
    40 Della Monica/Guarise ITA
    43 Duarte/Grafton USA
    51 Bakirova/Kamianchuk BLR
    [Cut-off (120.90) is above #53 Montalbano/Krasnopolski ISR 120.32]
    -- Donlan/Speroff USA (Skate America host pick)

1 TBA pair slot open at: Skate America, Skate Canada, Rostelecom Cup (I hope Martiusheva/Rogonov are in the running), TEB.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: to remove Peng/Zhang (CHN) since they have 2 GPs

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I apologize -- Peng/Zhang already got two: host pick for CoC and TEB, and the top five include Castelli/Snapir. There was a report that Peng was hurt: I hope she's healed and up-to-speed by CoC.

vCash
    Since Lipnitskaia is now ineligible for the GP with the minimum rule change, who will get her assignments (CoC and TEB)?

vCash
    Looks like Julia Lipnitskaia CAN compete in the Senior Grand Prix after all - reposting from the ISU Congress thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...601164864.html

Alexander Gorshkov says they are:
    "Initially, minimum age limitations [for Senior Grand Prix] were to come into force immediately. But we made an amendment that it starts in 2014 as well."
    Lipnitskaia's photo caption in the article seems to confirm this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Since Lipnitskaia is now ineligible for the GP with the minimum rule change, who will get her assignments (CoC and TEB)?
    Nagasu and Korpi would be the likely replacements being top of the list but Gorshkov has now said that the age changes aren't effective until 2014 (link in congress thread) so Julia should be fine.

vCash
    Bad move i say. Never made sense to have one age limit for the Senior GP and a different age limit for Worlds and Olympics. This BS from the ISU about protecting the young skaters from going Senior to soon and pushing themselves is just nonsense. How exactly is it protecting someone like Julia who will 14 from injury by skating against the Senior ladies? She will be required to skate longer and do more triples. Same when Caroline Zhang skated back in 2007. Yet the ISU says no no no you're to young to skate at Worlds or the Olympics. Tell me what is the different skating against the same Ladies on the GP with the same programs? The ISU has been hypocritical allowing this. The age limit should always have been the same for any Senior event not counting Nationals and that would be 15.

vCash
    In my opinion, there should only be an upper limit for Juniors. F a skater is ready, they should be allowed to move up. But once a skater moves up they shouldn't be allowed to move back down.
    I know there is reasoning that skater bodies should be preserved but in practice that doesn't work. Mao was doing triple axels at 12 and Tuktamisheva was doing them at 13. Miki was doing quads in the junior circuit as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Bad move i say......
    The age limit should always have been the same for any Senior event not counting Nationals and that would be 15.
    Why 15? Why not 13? 14?, 16? Isn't 15 just an arbitrary age anyway?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Arbitrary doesn't mean inconsistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Arbitrary doesn't mean inconsistent.

No, arbitrary does not mean inconsistent....

OK, Why is 15 the chosen age for Seniors? Who decided this? & why?

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast