Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Mirai didn't skate well enough last season to deserve 2 events on the GP this year. She needs a wake up call.
    If she doesn't "deserve 2 events", who in your opinion did?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    If she doesn't "deserve 2 events", who in your opinion did?
    Jammers' likely reply: Why Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold, of course! Every other U.S. girl should just decline their GP assignments.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Jammers' likely reply: Why Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold, of course! Every other U.S. girl should just decline their GP assignments.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    LOL and gag all at once. Id stop watching if only those 2 were allowed to compete. Give me the others who didnt "deserve" to get a 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timmybopper View Post
    Did anyone figure out why Cynthia Phaneuf was left off the Canadian assignment list? Have they lost hope in her already? I see this going the way of Mira Leung...
    I imagine the fed is over her, but she will get an assignment. SC just is in such disarray with their ladies right now. And we thought the US had a slump. I think the Junior Skater Osmond? has potentially, but she is nowhere near the quality of our Junior or middle of the pack senior skaters..... They will probably monitor Phaneuf, but her technique isn't horrible. I can't figure out her problem. It seems mostly mental and growth issues. She seems scared on the ice and needs a good skate to bring her confidence back. Seeing her live at 4cc was sad. I do think she is okay and would hope she tries for one more year.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The only spot Phaneuf has a reasonable chance of getting is the TBD for Skate Canada, as, if the rules are the same as last year, there are ten Ladies ahead of her that have to be offered a second before Top 75 skaters are considered, assuming their country doesn't have three and the travel/visa logistics aren't prohibitive. Last season, there were three non-host withdrawals (two for Lepisto, one for Hecken), and two substitutes in total.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I'd send Cynthia to B comps this year and let her ride the bench a little. She hasn't had a decent result in any GP in her comeback so time's up honey, as much as I love ya.

I want to see Samson get monitored, do well, and get the 3rd spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I'd send Cynthia to B comps this year and let her ride the bench a little. She hasn't had a decent result in any GP in her comeback so time's up honey, as much as I love ya.

I want to see Samson get monitored, do well, and get the 3rd spot.
    They should just send Duhamel........

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    We should send Phaneuf, Desanctis, and Najarro to the new US senior B and send the highest of them to Skate Canada.
    I'm sure her dismal skate at WTT didn't help Phaneuf's cause.
    Osmond seems by far the best chance of getting two spots for Sochi.
    What are the chances of Osmond picking up a second grand prix later on?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Unless she wins an early Senior B and they've changed the rule so that the winners of Senior B's go to the top of the alternates list, not the bottom, about the same as Pfaneuf's, virtually none without more rule changes (like putting GP medalists at the top of the alternates list): there are six women with Top 24 SB and four women with Top 24 WS ahead of her on the alternates list, each of whom has to get a second before she is even in the Top 75 selection pool. After that, both she and Phaneuf would be in the first group of three with Flatt, and even if a flu swept the Ladies and over 1/5 of the remaining field had to pull out of the other five events to to the Top 75, would a host nation choose her over the other two, if they are trying to protect their own Ladies' chances, since they get a choice of the top three?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    The problem is, Chinese Fed tends to make up its mind at the beginning of season and stick to it. Yan will not win Nationals over Song barring major disasters. Seniority rules :S
    I really want to know if Chinese fed choose Song over Yan just because of age?

If they care so much about face then Yan has much more chance to give China the result than Song.

Title-less
    vCash
    I must say I am a bit frustrated re: Phaneuf. I mean, she is as inconsistent as Czisny or Korpi, but she has the skating skills to be at the top. But for various reasons just couldn't quite make it happen.

Shame that she got held back during 03-04 when she could have gone to a world championship, and that she didn't medal at 2010 worlds (her best showing).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justAfsfan View Post
    If they care so much about face then Yan has much more chance to give China the result than Song.
    When I said "face", it means qualifying for WTT over small countries like Italy. I assume the Chinede federation (officials) felt humiliated this year, since they were the only GP host failed to qualify. The best chance to accumulate points is to send Yan to JW and Song to WC. Sending Yan to both is a waste.

vCash
    JW doesn't count because China has three skaters in 4CC. It's better to send Han Yan to GP and 4cc if the Chinese federation really cares about WTT

vCash
    Why in the friggin world would China give a friggin damn about friggin WTT? Where is this coming from? Unless, I see the Chinese Fed forcing Shen/Zhao to compete at WTT, I am assuming the folks at the Chinese Fed are not idiots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I must say I am a bit frustrated re: Phaneuf. I mean, she is as inconsistent as Czisny or Korpi, but she has the skating skills to be at the top. But for various reasons just couldn't quite make it happen.

Shame that she got held back during 03-04 when she could have gone to a world championship, and that she didn't medal at 2010 worlds (her best showing).
    I don't know if I would compare her to Cziney or Korpi, but Phaneuf has been a mess since her great showing as a young girl in the early 2000's and in 2010, but it was a weak post Olympic field, no disrespect for her, but Cziney and Korpi have pulled things together, even if not consistently for a few years. Cziney had a great season last year and looked good a SA and even TEB. She started faltering at GPF, but her Nationals performance wasn't a travesty. The 4CC's lack of invite concerned me and so did the senior B, but I do honestly think Phaneuf will get the TBA.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Why in the friggin world would China give a friggin damn about friggin WTT? Where is this coming from?
    Aside from the not insubstantial , there is also the fact that team medals will be at stake in Sochi.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Why in the friggin world would China give a friggin damn about friggin WTT? Where is this coming from? Unless, I see the Chinese Fed forcing Shen/Zhao to compete at WTT, I am assuming the folks at the Chinese Fed are not idiots.
    China specifically targeted summer sports with the most available Olympic medals for its summer sports program. It wouldn't be at all a surprise if they looked at WTT as a route to the Olympic team event.

Title-less
    vCash
    I can see China caring about the Olympic team event, but I don't see a big link between that and keeping Yan Han in JGP. I mean, Yan can totally help the team event by rocking senior worlds next year. That said, I can see them keeping Yan Han's option open by deciding later whether to send him to jr or senior world. If Yan does GP and the new rule passes then Yan has no option but competes for the one Senior world spot. But that is a good option regardless of the team trophy

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's possible that they look at Men's and think that if the make the final in 2014, given the likely competition -- Canada, France, and Russia, at least -- the odds of beating those men are not great and it won't impact their team strategy so much for Sochi. They could use Sochi as a development tool, and, at this point, they could be looking at Yan Han as their future strategy.

I never thought I'd see a top 12 dance team from China, but if the Zaretski's can come in 6th, there's always hope.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast