Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash

Costs

TEB is willing to pay for the transportation costs of a Swedish skater instead of paying for Candice Didier's subway pass. I don't think that travel costs are the main criteria.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think the French Fed has written off Didier.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    .... if french federation wants to sell a few more tickets Nagasu could finally get her 2nd event.
    Since when is selling tickets a priority of the French Fed? See the 'crowds' in past TEBs. I hope that Glebova gets it.

vCash
    As for TEB the likely choice is Glebova, but if french federation wants to sell a few more tickets Nagasu could finally get her 2nd event.
    I doubt Nagasu would be considered a huge draw in France.

I'm going to guess Glebova, too, or possibly even Osmond.

Re Didier, in hindsight it seems they made the correct choice - though one could argue that perhaps she'd have performed better at the Masters if she had any hope of getting an assignment out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Re Didier, in hindsight it seems they made the correct choice - though one could argue that perhaps she'd have performed better at the Masters if she had any hope of getting an assignment out of it.
    I can't remember where I read this, but she said something about how she had planned to retire, but then decided to come back this season and was hoping for a good result at French nationals. It didn't sound like she was even aiming at international assignments...though I doubt anyone would be opposed to getting a GP assignment if they're not injured. Or, I suppose she could've just gotten the message from FFSG that they weren't going to give her one anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marysy View Post
    I can't remember where I read this, but she said something about how she had planned to retire, but then decided to come back this season and was hoping for a good result at French nationals. It didn't sound like she was even aiming at international assignments...though I doubt anyone would be opposed to getting a GP assignment if they're not injured. Or, I suppose she could've just gotten the message from FFSG that they weren't going to give her one anyway.
    IN. Nationals are being held in her hometown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    So anyone want to venture a guess as to who gets Ando's spots?
    Mirai!!

vCash
    I think that if Nagasu doesn't get an assignment this time around, I'm going to send ISU a very angry letter.

vCash
    Actually, I think China just went with the top of the alternate's list for both Voronov and Korpi. This may be Mirai's best shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Actually, I think China just went with the top of the alternate's list for both Voronov and Korpi. This may be Mirai's best shot.
    Mirai is already assigned to China.

vCash
    As for TEB the likely choice is Glebova, but if french federation wants to sell a few more tickets Nagasu could finally get her 2nd event.
    You highly overestimate Nagasu's ability to sell tickets. I'd bet that most TEB ticket buyers have no clue who she is.

And even speaking from a perspective of a crazy skating fan who follows everything, Nagasu would definitely NOT make an event any more attractive to me. I perceive her as a dead-in-the-water, not-improving-any-more, way-past-it skater. I highly doubt, she's going to make the 4CC and World teams this season.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-10-2012 at 04:28 AM.

vCash
    What if you really like good laybacks. I think Nagasus is still more than good.

vCash
    At 19 years old I think Nagasu is certainly young enough to reinvent herself. I just can't dismiss her so easily.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    At 19 years old I think Nagasu is certainly young enough to reinvent herself. I just can't dismiss her so easily.
    I thought she looked great at her first comp of the season.. I hope she gets another grand prix..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You highly overestimate Nagasu's ability to sell tickets. I'd bet that most TEB ticket buyers have no clue who she is.

And even speaking from a perspective of a crazy skating fan who follows everything, Nagasu would definitely NOT make an event any more attractive to me. I perceive her as a dead-in-the-water, not-improving-any-more, way-past-it skater. I highly doubt, she's going to make the 4CC and World teams this season.
    thanks somebody says it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Well, I live in France and have attended TEB a few times when the entries have been interesting. I would definitely go if Mirai was added to the list...but then, I am not French (Swedish) and obviously a Mirai fan

vCash
    As long as nobody picks Flatt...

I'm sure COC would pick Biryukova so that's a done deal, but something tells me either Mirai doesn't want a second GP or USFS doesn't want her to have it, so that leaves Flatt on the table...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    ... but something tells me either Mirai doesn't want a second GP or USFS doesn't want her to have it...
    Both untrue, from what I have heard.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    USFSA should really pull Flatt and give her spot to Mirai. But maybe they don't want Mirai and Ashley facing off against each other. And they probably don't want any skater to suffer the embarrassment of having a spot pulled even when they can't land triples.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Is there a deadline for replacing Miki? If so, when is it?

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast