Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1002
  1. #801
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,193
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Costs

    TEB is willing to pay for the transportation costs of a Swedish skater instead of paying for Candice Didier's subway pass. I don't think that travel costs are the main criteria.

  2. #802
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,051
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    37902
    I think the French Fed has written off Didier.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  3. #803

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    .... if french federation wants to sell a few more tickets Nagasu could finally get her 2nd event.
    Since when is selling tickets a priority of the French Fed? See the 'crowds' in past TEBs. I hope that Glebova gets it.

  4. #804

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    As for TEB the likely choice is Glebova, but if french federation wants to sell a few more tickets Nagasu could finally get her 2nd event.
    I doubt Nagasu would be considered a huge draw in France.

    I'm going to guess Glebova, too, or possibly even Osmond.

    Re Didier, in hindsight it seems they made the correct choice - though one could argue that perhaps she'd have performed better at the Masters if she had any hope of getting an assignment out of it.

  5. #805
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Re Didier, in hindsight it seems they made the correct choice - though one could argue that perhaps she'd have performed better at the Masters if she had any hope of getting an assignment out of it.
    I can't remember where I read this, but she said something about how she had planned to retire, but then decided to come back this season and was hoping for a good result at French nationals. It didn't sound like she was even aiming at international assignments...though I doubt anyone would be opposed to getting a GP assignment if they're not injured. Or, I suppose she could've just gotten the message from FFSG that they weren't going to give her one anyway.

  6. #806
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marysy View Post
    I can't remember where I read this, but she said something about how she had planned to retire, but then decided to come back this season and was hoping for a good result at French nationals. It didn't sound like she was even aiming at international assignments...though I doubt anyone would be opposed to getting a GP assignment if they're not injured. Or, I suppose she could've just gotten the message from FFSG that they weren't going to give her one anyway.
    IN. Nationals are being held in her hometown.

  7. #807

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,998
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    So anyone want to venture a guess as to who gets Ando's spots?
    Mirai!!

  8. #808
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,965
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think that if Nagasu doesn't get an assignment this time around, I'm going to send ISU a very angry letter.

  9. #809
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    640
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Actually, I think China just went with the top of the alternate's list for both Voronov and Korpi. This may be Mirai's best shot.

  10. #810

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Actually, I think China just went with the top of the alternate's list for both Voronov and Korpi. This may be Mirai's best shot.
    Mirai is already assigned to China.

  11. #811
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,430
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    As for TEB the likely choice is Glebova, but if french federation wants to sell a few more tickets Nagasu could finally get her 2nd event.
    You highly overestimate Nagasu's ability to sell tickets. I'd bet that most TEB ticket buyers have no clue who she is.

    And even speaking from a perspective of a crazy skating fan who follows everything, Nagasu would definitely NOT make an event any more attractive to me. I perceive her as a dead-in-the-water, not-improving-any-more, way-past-it skater. I highly doubt, she's going to make the 4CC and World teams this season.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-10-2012 at 04:28 AM.

  12. #812

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,251
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2395
    What if you really like good laybacks. I think Nagasus is still more than good.

  13. #813

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3886
    At 19 years old I think Nagasu is certainly young enough to reinvent herself. I just can't dismiss her so easily.

  14. #814
    GPF Barcelona here I come
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    Posts
    9,163
    vCash
    334
    Rep Power
    30533
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    At 19 years old I think Nagasu is certainly young enough to reinvent herself. I just can't dismiss her so easily.
    I thought she looked great at her first comp of the season.. I hope she gets another grand prix..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

    "Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

  15. #815

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,845
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You highly overestimate Nagasu's ability to sell tickets. I'd bet that most TEB ticket buyers have no clue who she is.

    And even speaking from a perspective of a crazy skating fan who follows everything, Nagasu would definitely NOT make an event any more attractive to me. I perceive her as a dead-in-the-water, not-improving-any-more, way-past-it skater. I highly doubt, she's going to make the 4CC and World teams this season.
    thanks somebody says it.

  16. #816
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    136
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You highly overestimate Nagasu's ability to sell tickets. I'd bet that most TEB ticket buyers have no clue who she is.

    And even speaking from a perspective of a crazy skating fan who follows everything, Nagasu would definitely NOT make an event any more attractive to me. I perceive her as a dead-in-the-water, not-improving-any-more, way-past-it skater. I highly doubt, she's going to make the 4CC and World teams this season.
    Well, I live in France and have attended TEB a few times when the entries have been interesting. I would definitely go if Mirai was added to the list...but then, I am not French (Swedish) and obviously a Mirai fan

  17. #817
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    117
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    As long as nobody picks Flatt...

    I'm sure COC would pick Biryukova so that's a done deal, but something tells me either Mirai doesn't want a second GP or USFS doesn't want her to have it, so that leaves Flatt on the table...

  18. #818

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,445
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39533
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    ... but something tells me either Mirai doesn't want a second GP or USFS doesn't want her to have it...
    Both untrue, from what I have heard.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  19. #819

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12879
    USFSA should really pull Flatt and give her spot to Mirai. But maybe they don't want Mirai and Ashley facing off against each other. And they probably don't want any skater to suffer the embarrassment of having a spot pulled even when they can't land triples.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  20. #820

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4361
    Is there a deadline for replacing Miki? If so, when is it?

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •