Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Alissa withdraws NHK Trophy and doesn't compete in any other competition until the Nationals, then will she have no right to make 4CC team or Worlds team because of no minimum TES for this season? Even if she wins the Nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    If Alissa withdraws NHK Trophy and doesn't compete in any other competition until the Nationals, then will she have no right to make 4CC team or Worlds team because of no minimum TES for this season? Even if she wins the Nationals?
    Alternatively, even if she doesn't withdraw, there's no guarantee she can make the TES minimum at NHK.

If she hasn't made the TES minimum but she skates well enough at Nationals, there are still some small senior Bs for her to compete in to have another go at the minimum score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Of course Alissa will withdraw. There's pretty much no chance for her to be ready after such a serious injury and having only recently returned to the ice.
    I really don't see that as a given. She seems to have a tunnel vision regarding skating and I think she may be a female Kevin vdP and compete on a half broken body.

vCash
    She has earned the required TES last season.

vCash
    Scores from ISU events last season count toward the minimum for this season. Without looking it up, I have no doubt that Czisny has already met the criteria. But even if she hadn't, the USFSA could send her to a Senior "B" after Nationals to get the necessary TES.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Scores from ISU events last season count toward the minimum for this season. Without looking it up, I have no doubt that Czisny has already met the criteria. But even if she hadn't, the USFSA could send her to a Senior "B" after Nationals to get the necessary TES.
    As far as I can tell, Czisny's scores from last year's Skate America satisfy the requirements. She also got the minimum SP TES at the GPF and the minimum LP TES at TEB. So she's all set for the big events, if she can make a successful comeback later in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Of course Alissa will withdraw. There's pretty much no chance for her to be ready after such a serious injury and having only recently returned to the ice.
    Ziggy, the injury is not THAT bad. I mean relatively. I had the same operation as she had (labral tear, which is tear at the cartilage of hip joint) but I was also a bit unlucky and had three more injuries coming with it - two partially torn tendons and some floating bits making impossible to move the hip joint properly. I had the surgery about a week after Alissa and I am back on the ice. True, I don't have to land triples but then again she is in much better physical shape, being elite skater, so she would heal faster. I think she could make it. I am not saying she will, but I would say she has a chance. The question is whether emotionally she will be able to come back. Especially after competition like the Worlds. That will be really hard to overcome.

vCash
    The pressure is certainly going to be "off" given Worlds last year and her injury/surgery. Hope she does the right thing for her body and is not rushing her recovery. Would rather see her fit for Nationals instead of cramming in a Grand Prix event. Can't be all that ideal to fly for 12+ hours on top of it all.

vCash
    Since this question is bound to come up again now that Kaetlyn Osmond won Nebelhorn Trophy, has only 1 GP assignment (Skate Canada), and is ranked #41 in last season's SB scores list, here's the relevant excerpt from the GP Announcement:
    7.6 Replacements
    It is mandatory that an Organizing Member replaces any skater/couple who withdraws from the event with an alternate up to fourteen (14) days prior to the Team Leaders’ meeting for that event. At the seven day mark, consideration will be given by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group to leaving a position vacant because of visa requirements or unduly high travel costs that would be incurred by the Organizing Member.

The alternate list will include the following skaters/couples:
     Split couples/Return Skaters-Couples who were previously in the top 7-12 of a World Championship would be listed according to their best possible Season’s Best with the previous partner.
     Skaters in proper order of top 24 Season’s Best would be next.
     All other Skaters in the top 75 Season’s Best would be listed next.
     Selected International Competitions’ winners are placed on the bottom of the alternate listing.
     A subgroup of any Come-Back-Skaters/Couples (as per paragraph 2.2), that may be chosen for a first or second event.

The alternate list needs to be worked through in ranking order for the top 24 ranked skaters/couples according to their Season’s Best. All skaters/couples of the alternate list will be grouped in top ranked groups of five (5) skaters, out of which the respective Organizing Member may pick one skater/couple for invitation.

Skaters/couples, who place first in the following international competitions
     U.S. Senior International 2012 – Salt Lake City (Pairs included in the competition)
     Nebelhorn Trophy 2012 (Pairs included in the competition)
     Ondrej Nepala Memorial 2012 (Pairs included in the competition)
     Finlandia Trophy 2012
     Cup of Nice 2012 (Pairs included in the competition)
    and can prove to have skated the minimum total score as mentioned in paragraph 2.3, will be added to the alternate list, bottom ranked according to their scores.
    ETA: I think these currently are the only ones in the top 24 2011-12 Season Best Total Scores list with 1 GP?
    8 Czisny USA (originally requested only 1 GP due to her injury/surgery)
    11 Nagasu USA
    15 Biryukova RUS
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-29-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Sylvia:
    I was just looking at your post from several pages back.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=148
    It looks to me like only Czisny (who requested only one), Nagasu, Biryukova, and next would be Joshi Helgesson, Rachel Flatt and Kaetlyn Osmond.
    So unless I'm reading this wrong, Osmond is now in the group of five that can be considered? (because after the top 24 you move on to the whole top 75?)

vCash
    Just my opinion but I think skate Canada may have traded their spare pairs spot (Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT) to France for France's spare Ladies spot. Skate Canada may be waiting till after Skate Canada International to determine which of Kaetlyn Osmond or Amelie Lacoste will get the spot.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    Just my opinion but I think skate Canada may have traded their spare pairs spot (Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT) to France for France's spare Ladies spot. Skate Canada may be waiting till after Skate Canada International to determine which of Kaetlyn Osmond or Amelie Lacoste will get the spot.
    Didn't Amelie already get Cup of China though?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Didn't Amelie already get Cup of China though?
    Yes.

Czisny made each TES minimum for Worlds more than once last season, so she's set score-wise for 4C's and/or Worlds. (She was 8 on last Season's SB list -- her PCS aren't that good that she'd miss the TES minimum )
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Do Donlan/Speroff or Zhang/Bartholomay have any chance at all of securing a GP spot as alternates for whomever may pull out? Who else is there who has met the GP minimums?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Do Donlan/Speroff or Zhang/Bartholomay have any chance at all of securing a GP spot as alternates for whomever may pull out? Who else is there who has met the GP minimums?
    No.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    TEB spot went to Joshi Helgesson. I am really starting to think that Mirai might have turned down an additional assignment? She keeps getting passed up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by change of edge View Post
    TEB spot went to Joshi Helgesson. I am really starting to think that Mirai might have turned down an additional assignment? She keeps getting passed up!
    Why in the earth would she turn down a second assignment??Is TEB too close to COC?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm happy for Helgesson. Last year she was top 24 WS but not SB and she was bypassed, while Majorov was the same, but got a second early.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post
    Why in the earth would she turn down a second assignment??Is TEB too close to COC?
    Imagine the response on this board when the next open assignment goes to Rachael Flatt.

vCash
    Please skate gods, give the next assignment to Mirai Nagasu or Kaetlyn Osmond.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast