Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks! The ISR pair of Montalbano/Krasnapolsky are replacing Dube/Wolfe at Skate America; Della Monica/Guarise (ITA) have been added to Russia.
    What a great opportunity for both pairs. Good luck to them!

vCash
    I wonder what's going on with S/H?

vCash
    I asked the following question in a Chinese competition thread in Kiss and Cry earlier today:

Can you tell me if Sui/Han are listed in this "2012 National Figure Skating Grand Prix athletes list" document on the federation's site? http://chnfs.org/wp-content/uploads/...120913_par.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Sui/Han should be 隋文静/韩聪 I don't see them listed. But Wenting Wang/Yan Zhang are, they were 4th at nationals last year and the pair I thought would replace Sui/Han so maybe they are?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Della Monica/Guarise and Vise/Baldwin replace Hausch/Wende and Dube/Wolfe.

I wonder if Montalbano/Krasnopolski's assignment is provisional, since they were Top 75, but just missed the GP minimum cut off (120.90) at 2012 Euros (120.32), and scored 117.27 at the US International. They can still make the GP minimum at Nebelhorn.

Since there are only 74 Pairs teams on the SB list, all are Top 75. The only other teams on the list that didn't compete seniors last year, didn't make the minimum score, and that I know haven't split are Herbrikova/Halmaert (CZE, 115.87, entered in Nepala), Martini/Kiefer (AUT, 112.10, entered in Nepala), and Hoolin/Hunt (GBR, 94.08). These teams may have split and some of the juniors may have aged out. H/H especially and M/K have a shot to get the GP minimum at Ondrej Nepala.

Based on sammyf's info, Zhang/Wang should be in the running for a non-host spot. ETA: Wrong Zhang/Wang.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 09-20-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Since there are only 74 Pairs teams on the SB list, all are Top 75. The only other teams on the list that didn't compete seniors last year, didn't make the minimum score, and that I know haven't split are Herbrikova/Halmaert (CZE, 115.87), Martini/Kiefer (AUT, 112.10), and Hoolin/Hunt (GBR, 94.08). These teams may have split and some of the juniors may have aged out.
    Herbrikova/Halmaert -split
    Martini/Kiefer -Registered for Ondrej Nepela so together
    Hoolin/Hunt -haven't registered for any IJS events in GBR so probably injured or split

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I wonder if Montalbano/Krasnopolski's assignment is provisional, since they were Top 75, but just missed the GP minimum cut off (120.90) at 2012 Euros (120.32), and scored 117.27 at the US International. They can still make the GP minimum at Nebelhorn.
    They have a 130.95 from last year's Ice Challenge, shouldn't that count?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    They have a 130.95 from last year's Ice Challenge, shouldn't that count?
    No, only the first five or six international competitions at the beginning of the season count towards the GP minimum for that season, and these are listed in the GP announcement each year. This season's are: US International, Nebelhorn 2012, Nepala 2012, Finlandia 2012, Cup of Nice 2012. All other scores towards the GP minimums must be met at GPs, championships, Olympics, the Olympic qualifier, Youth Olympic Games, or WTT in the season before.

Last year's Icechallenge, like all 2011-12 internationals and 2012-13 internationals held before championships (unless specifically noted on the yearly communication), count towards meeting the championship TES minimums for this year. They also did Golden Spin and Nesquick last season.

At Icechallenge, their SP TES was 25.07 and their FS TES was 44.74. They made the Euros minimums easily (20, 36), but missed the Worlds minimums (28, 45). ETA: their TES scores were lower at Golden Spin and Nestle Nesquick.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 09-20-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Since it's possible that Montalbano/Krasnopolski won't meet the GP minimum, why weren't Della Monica/Guarise assigned instead?

Unless the ISU decided to let M/K compete since they only missed the minimum by 0/68.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Anyone in the Top 75 -- which is all 74 pairs with a qualifying PB from last season -- can be assigned even if they haven't met the GP minimum, but, at least in theory, the assignments are provisional, based on whether they meet the GP minimum in the first five Senior B's -- US International, Nebelhorn, Nepala, and Cup of Nice for Pairs and Finlandia for the other disciplines -- at the beginning of this season.

M/K are listed on the Nebelhorn roster. Martini/Kiefer could also be assigned, since they could meet the minimum at Nepala. (As sammyf wrote, Herbrikova/Halmaert split, and they've been removed from the Nepala roster.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Since it's possible that Montalbano/Krasnopolski won't meet the GP minimum, why weren't Della Monica/Guarise assigned instead?

Unless the ISU decided to let M/K compete since they only missed the minimum by 0/68.
    it is and anyone of the competing who did not met the minimum GP
    they can still rack points competing in B Competitions prior to GP

vCash
    As expected, Silete has now been crossed off on the ISU list of entries for COC and TEB. No replacements listed yet.

vCash
    ^ Is it in any way possible that Mirai will get TEB? Or is another French skater probably going to get it?

vCash
    Is Jeremy Ten still listed for the GP events?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Is Jeremy Ten still listed for the GP events?
    He never was. Ten's total score at 2012 Four Continents was 159.22 (#78 on the ISU's 2011-12 SB scores list) and Skate Canada did not make him one of their host picks for Skate Canada this year. Link to a recent discussion on this topic: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...03#post3688203
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Ten spoke about still being in pain in the Tweet thing they did at the US International, but yesterday, he tweeted raves about his new boots, so maybe this will bode well for the rest of this season and next.

vCash
    So excited for M/K! Congrats to both The Israeli and Italian teams!

Proud Supporter of Israeli Figure Skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    ^ Is it in any way possible that Mirai will get TEB? Or is another French skater probably going to get it?
    Personally, I don't think that's gonna be fair if she does. . .

vCash
    The French Fed might enter Lena Marocco as a replacement.

Although given how strict they are about their skaters being "good enough", who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The French Fed might enter Lena Marocco as a replacement.
    Marrocco is already on the entry list for TEB. But French Masters is in a couple of weeks, and my guess is that if either of the ladies not assigned to TEB (Candice Didier or Lenaëlle Gilleron-Gory) does well there, she'll get the third spot for France. Otherwise, who knows.

vCash
    Is Candice Didier still competing? I hope she is.
    After winning Winter Universiade in 2011,
    we haven't seen her compete in any games.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast