Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Sorry to hear about Silete.

vCash
    What was Silete's injury? It sounds severe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    What was Silete's injury? It sounds severe.
    I cross-posted the article in the French news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...53#post3687353

Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    I wonder why this has not yet been reflected in the ISU rosters?
    Ask the French federation.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The French Fed will probably announce their final TEB spots after the Master competition on October 6th. That is what they usually do. I don't see any reason why they would hold onto Yretha's other spot. Lena Marrocco is 53rd on the ISU ranking. I don't see her getting a second GP, but stranger things have happened.

vCash
    How old is Amelie Lacoste? Seems like she has been competing forever!

vCash
    Lacoste will turn 24 in December.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    flowerpower posted in the Canadian Pairs 2012 thread a report that Dube has an ankle injury, Skate Canada is monitoring her condition, and her status is iffy for Skate America. Since there are only five pairs who've made the GP minimum but don't have two, have split, or have withdrawn, and the US already has three teams, that leaves Zhang/Wang (if they're still together), Della Monica/Guarise, and Bakirova/Kamianchuk as the only substitutes.

I'd love to see Della Monica/Guarise, and if they could scrape together the money to pay for some lessons with Vasiliev, they might be able to arrange a return ticket through Chicago.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Of the US Ladies Grand Prix skaters, who has to compete at either their regional or sectional?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Of the US Ladies Grand Prix skaters, who has to compete at either their regional or sectional?
    AFAIK, no U.S. Grand Prix ladies or men have to compete at Regionals. As of now, Rachael Flatt does not have a bye through Midwestern Sectionals in November.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    flowerpower posted in the Canadian Pairs 2012 thread a report that Dube has an ankle injury, Skate Canada is monitoring her condition, and her status is iffy for Skate America. Since there are only five pairs who've made the GP minimum but don't have two, have split, or have withdrawn, and the US already has three teams, that leaves Zhang/Wang (if they're still together), Della Monica/Guarise, and Bakirova/Kamianchuk as the only substitutes.

I'd love to see Della Monica/Guarise, and if they could scrape together the money to pay for some lessons with Vasiliev, they might be able to arrange a return ticket through Chicago.
    In Russia during the test skates I heard that the Russian Federation is preparing to replace Dubť/Wolfe and Hausch/Wende for Cup of Russia. Also, there has been (so far unconfirmed) information that the Belarus couple Bakirova/Kamianchuk has split up, too. Soon, there won't be replacements left.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There is only one US team at RC: the Russian Fed could choose two of Della Monica/Guarise (who don't have any), Vise/Baldwin (the only Top 24 team with one [SC]), and Zhang/Wang (if they are together, were submitted, etc.)

DM/G could go from zero to two by replacing D/W at SA and RC.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    AFAIK, no U.S. Grand Prix ladies or men have to compete at Regionals. As of now, Rachael Flatt does not have a bye through Midwestern Sectionals in November.
    So by virtue of being in the Grand Prix, you are not required to do regionals?

vCash
    If your Regional and/or Sectional event falls within one week of your international event, you receive a bye.

For example, Nagasu receives a bye through SWP Regionals because of her Finlandia Trophy assignment, as well as a bye through Pacific Coast Sectionals due to her Cup of China assignment less than one week before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Soon, there won't be replacements left.
    Such a shame.

Hopefully Della Monica/Guarise will come out with 2 GPs out of this at least.

vCash
    See my post here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=240

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Such a shame.

Hopefully Della Monica/Guarise will come out with 2 GPs out of this at least.
    Sad, but good for them!

vCash
    Tiffany Vise just tweeted:

"Just got assigned to the Grand Prix Rostelecom Cup. It's in Moscow in November! I'm so excited, first trip to Russia."

This must be Hausch/Wende's spot that Vise/Baldwin are filling (ETA that this change is not yet published on the ISU site).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tiffany Vise just tweeted:

"Just got assigned to the Grand Prix Rostelecom Cup. It's in Moscow in November! I'm so excited, first trip to Russia."

This must be Hausch/Wende's spot that Vise/Baldwin are filling (ETA that this change is not yet published on the ISU site).
    It's reflected on the complete entries list. Dube/Wolfe have been pulled from both assignments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    It's reflected on the complete entries list. Dube/Wolfe have been pulled from both assignments.
    Glad to see both the Italians and the Israelis getting an assignment!

vCash
    Thanks! The ISR pair of Montalbano/Krasnapolsky are replacing Dube/Wolfe at Skate America; Della Monica/Guarise (ITA) have been added to Russia.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast