Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Zhang was guaranteed two by placing top 12 at Worlds.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    I can't understand why Chinese federation didn't give the TBA spot at CoC to Zijun.
    To keep their TBA spot for another skater (who would be unable to get a GP spot otherwise - like Quiying Zhu).
    Last edited by Ziggy; 08-09-2012 at 05:30 PM.

vCash
    TEB couldn't go to a Russian lady, they already have 3 of them: Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA RUS -Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS -Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS and China may save their spot to another chinese

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    You're right -- I was looking in the wrong column when counting up Russian Ladies. The French Fed would have had to go to the next group of five, and Li is the only Ladies skater in the Top 24 in the second group of five (Li, Gao, Lacoste, J. Helgesson, Flatt*)

*Hae-Jin Kim is staying Jr., yes? If not, then she's in the group and Flatt is in Group 3.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Now Zijun's name disappears from TEB (The issued date of the list is August 9).
    And no replacement and the number of the competitors is 9.
    Zijun turned down the offer from TEB?
    I think it would be much better for her to compete at CoC.

vCash
    My money is on Lacoste. Nice skater but struggling with the jumps lately. Perfect for a softer field....and she speaks French!

vCash
    Lysacek will get the TBA spot at SA. He announced his comeback on the Today Show. (See other EL thread here in GSD)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

*Hae-Jin Kim is staying Jr., yes? If not, then she's in the group and Flatt is in Group 3.
    Yes, she is going to JGP this year.

vCash
    Can't wait to see the duel between Lysacek and Abbott at Skate America this year.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    In addition to Lysacek, the other 2 Skate America TBA slots have been filled by Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir (their 2nd GP) and Anastasia Cannuscio/Colin McManus (their first-ever Grand Prix!):
    http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/...skate-america/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    In addition to Lysacek, the other 2 Skate America TBA slots have been filled by Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir (their 2nd GP) and Anastasia Cannuscio/Colin McManus (their first-ever Grand Prix!):
    http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/...skate-america/
    I wonder if C/S's LP at Indy cemented the USFSA's decision for the TBA spot. But, weren't C/S high on the substitute list for another slot? If so, I think it would've been more strategic to give SA to someone like Z/B or S/K ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Now Zijun's name disappears from TEB (The issued date of the list is August 9).
    And no replacement and the number of the competitors is 9.
    Zijun turned down the offer from TEB?
    I think it would be much better for her to compete at CoC.
    Mirai still has a chance!

vCash
    Zijun must have turned down the TEB offer for sure.. Now the question is, can you turn down an invitation and still get your host spot (COC) later???

So Next 5 Ladies to chose for TEB are:

Nagasu
    Gao
    Lacoste
    Helgesson J
    Flatt

NO russian ladies cause there are already 3 entered.

vCash
    No Grand Prix for Armin? I was so hopeful!

vCash
    Why does USFS continue to favour Castelli/Shnapir (who've been given many opportunities already) when they have so many exciting new teams making a mark during the summer comps? :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Zijun must have turned down the TEB offer for sure.. Now the question is, can you turn down an invitation and still get your host spot (COC) later???

So Next 5 Ladies to chose for TEB are:

Nagasu
    Gao
    Lacoste
    Helgesson J
    Flatt

NO russian ladies cause there are already 3 entered.
    It seems Mirai would be a no-brainer at this point. Not only is she by far the highest on the list of substitutes, but she's been a medalist at TEB, and the trip to Paris would be relatively simple

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Nagasu should have had the TEB spot originally, as the only one in the first group of five who wasn't assigned (Korpi) or ineligible (three Russian Ladies already), and in the Top 24.

But, then again, this is the organization that accepted more Chinese pairs entries than had earned spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Why does USFS continue to favour Castelli/Shnapir (who've been given many opportunities already) when they have so many exciting new teams making a mark during the summer comps? :/
    He has a chronic problem with SBS jumps. He's the American version of Stanislav Morozov and I'm getting doubtful that his jumps will ever be fixed. Also, I've never figured out this pair's obsession with a throw 3x that they never land

As I posted above, I think S/K or Z/B at SA would strategically be better, since I think C/S are high on the substitute list for a non-USA GP spot (is that the case?).

vCash
    Regarding Castelli and Shnapir, perhaps there will be more confidence in their ability to score well if they can manage to produce the throw quadruple salchow that they have been practicing at one of their Grand Prix events. I am starting to believe that they have a bigger chance of getting that to happen than they do of getting the throw triple axel.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The top skaters with one:

Vise/Baldwin (SC) #20 SB
    James/Cipres (SA) #24 SB
    Castelli/Shnapir (NHK) #26 SB
    Gerboldt/Enbert (SC) #27 SB
    Hausch/Wende (RC) #28 SB

Theoretically, C/S wouldn't be chosen higher than the third sub, since there are two Top 24 teams with only one, but, that too depends on the number of competitors from each country, which are maxed out at:

USA: SA and NHK
    CAN: SC
    CHN: CoC
    RUS: RC

They could have been chosen as low as 5th sub, but then, Nagasu was skipped for TEB when she was the only one of the Top 5 group who could go (wasn't already assigned, weren't already three Russian Ladies assigned).

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast