Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    I doubt they chose programs in a reactive way. Also does not necessarily seem all that relevant what w/p do. Each team has been competing at the senior level now for the same length of time, and have developed their own strengths and styles.

Also Tessa and Scott don't seem to announce their programs the way some teams do. I doubt we will know until or unless there is a leak from the Skate Canada performance camp.
    where did i say that v/m will do programs as a reaction to what other teams are doing? it was specifically just my reaction to what w/p has announced and thinking about v/m and what they might be doing now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Try Scott without caps
    Thank you, that did work

Thank you so much, VarBar. This is very kind of you! The pictures are very beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Virtue and Moir caught in coaching split http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...40/?cmpid=rss1
    Thanks, marikat! You are always great about finding news and videos for us, an I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I read they sold a lo off tickets already.
    So P-B will use Rolling Stones for FD. I love this music choice. This could be "Sympathy for the Devil". Buttle did cool job with it.
    But.... Did this mean top ice danceres still made up-lifting programs?
    Thanks for the info! I am so excited for the FD! I think they will do a wonderful job with that music--those two can move!

Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Fresh interview from the PWC event Tessa and Scott attended yesterday (courtesy of Golden411 from Golden Skate - thank you for posting it!).

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3
    Thanks for sharing this with us!

I'm also watching the Euro Cup (Go Portugal!)

vCash

Fan590 interview

I wasn't able to transcribe the whole thing, but I tried to summarize and provide as many quotes as I could.

The interviewer starts out by asking them who would catch a foul ball if it came their way.

Scott says he would be catching it and then says to Tessa that she is pretty good. Tessa explains that she grew up with 2 older brothers who played baseball so she says that hopefully she would be able to catch it. Scott jokes that maybe it will be “a little bit of a rumble.”

The interviewer asks them if being at the event with all the athletes makes them “start to get the itch a little bit,” and Tessa says it’s been a great day with PWC and the Boys&Girls club and that chatting with the summer Olympic athletes was giving her goosebumps. She added that the Olympic energy was contagious and they will be cheering the athletes on from home. Scott says that it is also a good reminder that their games are only a year and a half away, and it’s very exciting and the energy is really contagious.

Responding to the question about whether it is “hard to keep that hunger going” Scott says it hasn’t been difficult for them and recounts how they narrowly missed Olympics in 2006 and how that was “a bitter pill to swallow” so “they had to fight for it.” He goes on to say that they are “nothing but more motivated since the 2010 Olympics” and now that they are back training and healthy that it is exciting to look forward to the next two years. He adds that "you never know when you’ll get another shot to be at another WC" or get another chance at Olympic gold and they’ll have two shots at the next Olympics so they are looking to take advantage of both.

In response to a question about different approaches to dealing with the pressure of being the defending champ, one being blocking it out and another embracing it, Tessa says that in their position they have to embrace it they feel and try to make it exciting. She goes on to say that they are perfectionists and want to be the best they can possibly be and want to represent Canada well. She says that they have to use their experience and “use the years they’ve spent training together as some source of comfort” and just know that they will put in the training and prepare themselves well for Sochi.

The interviewer asks if they remember anything from the Vancouver Olympics and Scott says it was a blur, especially from Feb 22 (the day they won) on, and that when they look at pictures they, especially Tessa, say they are just kids at the top of that podium. They “saw a lot of great hockey games” and had “some memories they will never forget” but they “kinda woke up 6 months later and they were getting back into a new season again.” Tessa wishes they had kept a journal to document key moments, and thinks they will do so next time because she realized 4 months later that “oh my god, we met Neil Young” but had forgotten in all the excitement and cheering on other athletes.

When asked whether or not they were able to experience what was going on in the Olympic village, Scott says that it was “a funny balance” in that in the lead-up to their event they have tunnel vision and focus on what they need to do to compete and win a gold medal and then “after that it all changes and you kinda wake up and you’re in the Olympic village and you’re surrounded by Canadian legends” and “the city was alive”. They were able to both be at their best when competing and take in the energy of the city of Vancouver.

The interviewer asks how the training is going and Tessa says they try to make it out to the golf course and “treat [them]selves]" but they are spending a lot of time at the rink, choreographing new programs and working on new elements.

When asked how their golf game is coming along, Scott says it is getting better but he is still horrible and adds that “it takes 10000 hours to perfect something and I’m about, maybe, 50 in.”
    Tessa quips, “Once I realized that I wasn’t going to make the tour, then I took some of the pressure off myself” and both she and Scott laugh.

That (+ thank yous from interviewer and Tessa and Scott) concludes the interview.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 06-15-2012 at 03:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    "we're spending a lot of hours at the rink right now. we're choreographing two new programs and coming up with all new material so it's intense but it's also nice to start with a clean slate and hopefully come up with some innovative lifts and different elements."

tessa speaking to fan590 at the pwc event
    Thanks!

Bournekraatzfan thank you a lot!
    I think you were happy yerstaday when Portugal won

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    But the vote to remove prelims just happened. I imagine if you included income from preliminaries into your budget and it's just been taken away your financial situation changes.
    Oh I hadn't been aware of that, sorry. I don't know how the removal of preliminaries can affect the budget of the hosting federation in a negative way but it's good nonetheless to be provided with an explanation as to why Skate Canada might choose to give Worlds back to the ISU. I don't think they will though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

Someone's been busy in the off-season Thank you again for doing these. I have learned so much, and have really enjoyed watching the montages while knowing the backstories.
    you're welcome

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I think another budget effect would be a contract for the number of days they've booked the rink. Which is expensive. I don't think this would be a loosey-goosey affair where they could just turn around and say oh we won't be needing the rink (and practice rink) for the first 3 days now so we won't be paying for that.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    I think another budget effect would be a contract for the number of days they've booked the rink. Which is expensive. I don't think this would be a loosey-goosey affair where they could just turn around and say oh we won't be needing the rink (and practice rink) for the first 3 days now so we won't be paying for that.
    Any word from Skate Canada?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    nope

vCash
    Thanks!

Bournekraatzfan thank you a lot!
    I think you were happy yerstaday when Portugal won
    No problem. I am always grateful for the translations that you and others here provide

and yes, I was very happy yesterday! They are in tough, and it would be wonderful if they made it into the next round. Forca!

I really hope the rumours about SC bowing out of hosting the 2013 WC aren't true.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Oh I think the rumours are true.
    It's really a question of whether they actually mean it or not.

vCash
    The truth is SC unhappy with prelimited round go out. But will they give WCh to another country? Dont know....

vCash
    Thanks for doing this cuz the password wasn't working for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Virtue and Moir caught in coaching split http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...40/?cmpid=rss1
    And thank you for posting this article. I like the way Scott is upfront. I wonder how Marina would have felt if they had decided to leave her for some reason--I imagine she would have been pretty hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    The rumours that Canada might not have the necessary money to organize Worlds are terrible. After all the campaigning they've done in Nice, and the promotion done by the skaters, Tessa and Scott in particular... Not to mention how much money they must have already invested by now. I hope it's only a rumour and it stays that way. Otherwise it would be quite shocking.
    What?! I hadn't heard this. Wow that would seriously suck and would be a major letdown, particularly for T/S. Hopefully they can get the funds they need to keep it in London, Ontario.
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    with w/p attempting to portray maria and the captain of the sound of music for their OD, i cant help but wonder how v/m will attack the new season's OD
    Same here. I just can't even begin to imagine where they're gonna go with their SD, and their FD for that matter.

BKF thanks for transcribing the podcast of Tessa and Scott. I was able to listen to it and it must have been a great event, they both sound so animated and happy.

Slightly OT, but I was flipping through Tessa and Scott's book tonight and I noticed that Tessa had a wardrobe malfunction in the CD. I never noticed before, but seriously how did the printers or whoever lays out the format/pics for the book not notice? Sad.

Oh and almost forgot, love the new homepage pic on the blog iggie!! Thanks!
    Last edited by Shayii; 06-15-2012 at 07:05 AM.

vCash
    oh hehehe im still stuck with the OD. forgot that it's supposed to be SD now

vCash
    I think all the tours have booked hotels for the whole week. In fact some hotels were asking that you book for the whole week.

Also they have sold tickets on the understanding that we would be able to watch the preliminaries/practices/competition and gala so now would they have to return some money as its less than originally promised.

I dont think Slipchuk and gang will give up this worlds. So if they need more funds they will have to shake a few trees or get commercial sponsorships. Its a crucial worlds pre Olympics.

vCash
    http://www.skatebuzz.ca/ViewNewsArti...2-cf75cebff653
    Single Event Ticket On-Sale Date Delayed for 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championship

“We know people have been anticipating the sale of single event tickets, and we do apologize for this delay,” said William Thompson, Skate Canada’s CEO. “In fairness to our fans, we feel that until we have the final decisions from the ISU on the schedule, it would be inappropriate to put the single event tickets on sale.”

Thompson continued, “We are looking forward to hosting these championships next March in London, Ontario, Canada, and seeing the best skaters in the world competing here in 2013.

vCash
    Thank you for sharing that, pani!

vCash

Thompson continued, “We are looking forward to hosting these championships next March in London, Ontario, Canada, and seeing the best skaters in the world competing here in 2013.
    [/I]
    There's no way they are not hosting these Worlds. It's would be so ridiculous to give up on them now. I would frankly be stunned

vCash
    My thoughts exactly. Everything will be fine!

vCash
    no problem shay

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast