Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post

I/K seem to idolize V/M. I wish they could make the connection that part of the reason V/M are so outstanding is that they work incredibly hard...
    Word. And it's surprising to me that they don't since I&K trained with N&K before the 2006 Olympics and then Elena trained with V&M and Shpilband... so they should understand very well how you train to become Olympic champions.

I do also agree with Carmen though that, in addition to the being strict part of things, Linichuk's choreography would work well for I/K. I know she's gotten some flack the past few years, but love for coaches and choreographers seems to come and go in cycles, and she will eventually fall back in favor. But, at any rate, I think her dramatic style would work well for I/K. Plus, at this stage in the game, I/K still need a really good technical coach for ice dance fundamentals, and Natalia and Gennedy are extremely good at that.
    Linichuk can be a great choreographer... I would drool if they got programs like DenSta in 2006 and 2007. But then there is the Aboriginal/Moldovan massacre in 2010... so there would need to be program monitoring from the fed for tasteleness.

In terms of technik Linichuk would be great for them. She could fix the little issues like Elena's butt sticking out all the time, unison problems, and lift positions. Tanith spoke very highly of Linichuk's attention to those details. It's all moot, I guess, because unless something personal happens between Morozov and I&K, they are probably not changing coaches before Sochi. Fun to speculate, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Word. And it's surprising to me that they don't since I&K trained with N&K before the 2006 Olympics and then Elena trained with V&M and Shpilband... so they should understand very well how you train to become Olympic champions.

Linichuk can be a great choreographer... I would drool if they got programs like DenSta in 2006 and 2007. But then there is the Aboriginal/Moldovan massacre in 2010... so there would need to be program monitoring from the fed for tasteleness.

In terms of technik Linichuk would be great for them. She could fix the little issues like Elena's butt sticking out all the time, unison problems, and lift positions. Tanith spoke very highly of Linichuk's attention to those details. It's all moot, I guess, because unless something personal happens between Morozov and I&K, they are probably not changing coaches before Sochi. Fun to speculate, though.
    Maybe when Morozov cheats on Elena?
    But I think that the most important thing is that they stop being treated like they're the second coming. RSF shouldn't hold them up if they aren't working hard. Anyway if bobrova and soloviev take back Russian number one, maybe ik will wake up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    True. But at least most of the time P&G were able to skate for levels effectively. They need more speed though.

OTOH, Linichuks efforts for C/L-J were absolutely
    P/G could reach level 4's on some things but step sequences was not above 2and went down to 1 at COR 2011.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FD_Scores.pdf

I forgot they also coached F/S! Maybe that's all that needs to be said! LOL. I just remember people thinking the programs were bland. The Emigrants program didn't seem to have lots of vocal detractors like B/A and D/S.

I have forgotten about C/L-J.

L/K just seem to be in a severe coaching slump that may be unrivaled in history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12