Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Apparently Kocon is only 171 cm, which concerns me considering the issues Lubov has had in the past with keeping her weight too low, and that was with Nodari who is 6 cm taller than Kocon. Lubov is 153 cm so really she should have a partner taller than 171...but maybe, if he's built like a house, it could work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    she would not even write to them in Russian
    Again - she probably did so, so that a copy could have gone to the ISU/her laywer/French fed/etc.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    But it was not a co-incidence that Gorshkov disclosed to the press that she wrote in English, portraying her as an ingrate.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Apparently Kocon is only 171 cm, which concerns me considering the issues Lubov has had in the past with keeping her weight too low, and that was with Nodari who is 6 cm taller than Kocon. Lubov is 153 cm so really she should have a partner taller than 171...but maybe, if he's built like a house, it could work.
    18 cm height difference is not that bad. There are pairs who are much nearer with height to each other than them. (Zhangs...) And she is very light.

vCash

Shen and Zhao did not have a huge difference in their heights and they did just fine. I think the height difference may be an overinflated factor in pairs partnerships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    But it was not a co-incidence that Gorshkov disclosed to the press that she wrote in English, portraying her as an ingrate.
    Agree! This information certainly was dispensable.

Velikov.
    Another :respect: from my side. However, I’m now curious how their students will place at the next RN. I’m pretty sure openly criticizing their own fed isn’t helpful for success. And it’s not like if they had been Federations darlings in the past.

I like pairs where the man isn't almost twice as big than the girl. I'm looking forward to seeing them skating and hope they will be able to compete internationally soon. If only more people would speak out their mind like Velikov did, it would be really helpful for them. A lot of negative publicity is probably a thing RFSF likes to avoid on the road to Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    I’m now curious how their students will place at the next RN. I’m pretty sure openly criticizing their own fed isn’t helpful for success. And it’s not like if they had been Federations darlings in the past.
    I am sure that if the Russian Federation blackballed him and his skaters, he, at least, could pull up stakes and go train skaters in another country. Like France, for example.

vCash
    By the way, Robin Szolkowy is not that high either. How much height difference is between him and Aliona?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    By the way, Robin Szolkowy is not that high either. How much height difference is between him and Aliona?
    ISU bio says Robin is 1.75m, Aliona is 1.52.

Shen and Zhao are listed as 1.60/1.77 respectively.

Nicole Della Monica is taller than Lubov, so I don't think the height difference should be a huge problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    ISU bio says Robin is 1.75m, Aliona is 1.52.

Shen and Zhao are listed as 1.60/1.77 respectively.

Nicole Della Monica is taller than Lubov, so I don't think the height difference should be a huge problem.
    OMG, I never realised that Aliona is so tiny. Ljubov is taller than Aliona? Just 1cm, but still...

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    No way in hell Robin is 175
    Maybe with his skates on.

I didn't realize Kokon was so low, though.

And Maisuradze is not a mess, he's a great pairs skater. I hope he has a great career himself, perhaps in Georgia
    They could use a pair.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post

And Maisuradze is not a mess, he's a great pairs skater. I hope he has a great career himself, perhaps in Georgia
    They could use a pair.
    Why should Russia release him to skate for Georgia, but at the same time refusing to release Ljubov?

vCash

They could use a pair.
    Yes I think Robin is more likely around 170-172 cm. And 152-153 cm is pretty standard for a ladies pair's skater, Marley and Takahashi are both only 146 cm and Sui is apparently only 143 cm (though she is probably around Marley and Takahashi's height now as she appears to have grown a bit). Aliona is very tiny, but for pairs, not really.

YEAH!
    vCash
    They could use a pair.
    Have I missed something or do you say that because he has a Georgian name?

vCash
    Ok, part of me is like, "yay, Velikov rocks!" But part of me doesn't get why he had to say that she's prone to being overweight. I may have a terrible eye or not a lot of pictures, but she's always looked normal to me, even amongst pairs. And why does he have to talk like that about a girl whose eating habits are known to be troubled, anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Have I missed something or do you say that because he has a Georgian name?
    Georgian last name mostly ends either ili or dze
    so chances Nodari has Georgian roots are very high.

I think it is also great if he will skate for Georgia like Elene

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    He does have Georgian roots, it's not just the name (which is obviously Georgian).
    But unfortunately, there's no rumor of any kind implying that he might switch countries. It would be a shame if he'd get lost in the sea of talented Russian pairs.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Is there even a rumor of a female Georgian pairs skater with whom he could skate? In any case, the Russian Fed would have to release him, and that would be two years, and he'd no longer have the subsidized training or the political clout of the Russian Fed.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    They could use a pair.
    I thought Nodari had already found a partner?

vCash
    Is there even a rumor of a female Georgian pairs skater with whom he could skate? In any case, the Russian Fed would have to release him, and that would be two years, and he'd no longer have the subsidized training or the political clout of the Russian Fed.
    Well, there is Nikol Gosviani who is Georgian but represents Russia and currently skates singles. If she were to switch representation then they could team up and represent Georgia together.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast