Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Honorable Michelle Kwan, Ambassador of the United States
    I think that might be her goal, considering she was learning Mandarin and was focusing her grad school studies on China.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think that might be her goal, considering she was learning Mandarin and was focusing her grad school studies on China.
    Eventually, perhaps, if everything lines up properly with experience and career choices, she might even be appointed and confirmed as Secretary of State herself.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Hilary was a Dem of course. Perhaps MK is a Republican? Whatever party, she wouldn't stand a chance because she is not the right gender...
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought it was common knowledge that Kwan is a Republican.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought it was common knowledge that Kwan is a Republican.
    I think you are correct.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    She is? That would make things interesting for some of her fans.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    It's hard to believe, given everything Kwan has ever revealed to the public over the years, that her personal beliefs align better with Republicans than Democrats...

Anyway, somehow watching that interview brought tears to my eyes. Little Michelle all grown up!

vCash
    She sure did, It made me teary-eyed too..What a gal!

vCash
    Immigrants; and children of immigrants often are Republican.
    I don't care which party she belongs to, at the moment.

I applaud her desire to be of service, in any capacity.
    She's probably being "kept in mind" by both parties.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    I do not recall ever having seen, or heard, any specific statement attributed to Michelle regarding her party affiliation. Has anyone else heard or read anything she has said or written stating a specific party affiliation?

Her dating Christian Anschutz (spelling) brought about a lot of discussion about how she must definitely be a Republican, but to my knowledge she has made no specifically declared public announcement of her political beliefs. My two cents is that the Republican Party would be extremely fortunate if she were to declare her affiliation with it because of her likeability and history of hard work and perserverance and interest in service to her fellow human beings.

vCash
    I guess I'm not all that common, then. I didn't realize that Kwan's political affiliation was that openly known. If I had had to guess, I would have thought that Republican might be more likely than Democrat, but then again, I thought that she might be an independent and not registered with any party. She has been able to work with and has received appointments from both the Bush and Obama administrations, so I doubt if her political views are aligned with either the extreme right or left.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    I do not recall ever having seen, or heard, any specific statement attributed to Michelle regarding her party affiliation.
    Neither have I, which is why I prefaced what I said with, "Perhaps I'm wrong......". Nevertheless one hears a lot of rumours and jokes about her being a Republican, which often seem to indicate that she is. You sound a bit defensive. Not being American myself I couldn't really care less, other than from the standpoint of enjoying gossip about skaters.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    I do not recall ever having seen, or heard, any specific statement attributed to Michelle regarding her party affiliation. Has anyone else heard or read anything she has said or written stating a specific party affiliation?
    This. If there's a source that explicitly states MK's political affiliation, I'd like to see it.

And if we've decided that MK must be Republican because she used to date Christian Anschutz, she must also be quite wishy-washy about her beliefs considering that she's now rumoured to be dating a member of the Pell family.

vCash
    I not only have never heard of Michelle saying anything about her political affiliations, I also have never heard of Michelle even attending a campaign fundraiser for any partisan candidate for any office. She seems to act as if her political affiliation is private business.

vCash
    And it is!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It can't be if she wants to run for office.

from Speedy Death

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Neither have I, which is why I prefaced what I said with, "Perhaps I'm wrong......". Nevertheless one hears a lot of rumours and jokes about her being a Republican, which often seem to indicate that she is. You sound a bit defensive. Not being American myself I couldn't really care less, other than from the standpoint of enjoying gossip about skaters.
    I'd prefer that she not be for personal inclinations - but it's a free country.

I don't particularly like personal gossip about skaters, particularly about (as you can tell) one of my favorite skaters.. Maybe that's what you perceive as "defensiveness". No problem.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I think there was some thought that she was a Republican because her first appointment came from the Bush Administration and Condi Rice, and she was dating Anschutz. But then she blended just as easily with the Obama administration, continuing to serve as a Public Diplomacy Envoy for Hillary Clinton and working frequently with Michelle Obama for her youth fitness programs and with Joe Biden on the Special Olympics.

I was very surprised at any mention of political office, because so far she seems eager to work with everyone to accomplish bipartisan and charitable goals rather than "taking sides".
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I thought everyone knew. Michelle Kwan considers herself a member of the Purple Party.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash

Her dating Christian Anschutz (spelling) brought about a lot of discussion about how she must definitely be a Republican, but to my knowledge she has made no specifically declared public announcement of her political beliefs. My two cents is that the Republican Party would be extremely fortunate if she were to declare her affiliation with it because of her likeability and history of hard work and perserverance and interest in service to her fellow human beings.
    Never heard or read anything about MK's political affiliation either.

vCash
    I can't imagine the Bush Administration giving a plum appointment to anyone unless they felt secure that the person's ideology was w/in a certain range of the spectrum.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast