Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    I work with a lot of Filipinos and let's just say that I can't find many good things to say about them. They are manipulative, gold diggers and always try to find some way to beat the system.
    This is revolting. And may help explain why we've had so many white boys in a row. Really appalling. It's amazing how eager some people are to believe the rumormongering and believe that Idol's system won't be set up to deal with it. I've been astonished that there are people who can't acknowledge her incredible talent. I've wondered what's behind the irrational anger and hate, and hoped it wasn't bigotry. But, I think I knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I've never heard an idol disclose this before the top 2 were signed.
    Pia did.

I'm not surprised Joshua got a deal considering how much the show was supporting him all season. Also not surprised that Nigel said today that Joshua was his favorite contestant. I'm just not sure what kind of album they will have him do. I have a much easier time imagining Jessica's contemporary album than Joshua's. And he doesn't really seem much more mature than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    Meh. Carrie didn't do too shabby for herself post-Idol.

I still don't get all the "she doesn't know who she is as an artist" comments. It's clear to me she sees herself very much in the Beyonce/Jhud realm. With Interscope behind her, she'll lean more towards the former (R&B/pop) than the latter (pure R&B).
    ITA. Her idol is Beyonce. It's clear what kind of artist she wants to be. IMO, she has a much better sense of herself than Jordin did and what she wants to do seems more commercial than what Jordin was doing. Jordin was a pageant girl who sang ballads with a little bit of country, but they turned her into something else. Jessica can do contemporary R&B and pop. The challenge will be finding age appropriate songs.

vCash
    I work with a lot of Filipinos and let's just say that I can't find many good things to say about them. They are manipulative, gold diggers and always try to find some way to beat the system.
    Not only haterzz coming out of the woodwork, but also racists. Wooo! Go Jessica!!!

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Just saw this online. (((((Phillip))))) I'm sorry to hear that he's in such bad health. http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/p...nale-13492.php
    If only he looked like Casey Abrams, P2 wouldn't even be in this situation.

In all seriousness, I hope he gets better. Health >>> music. Looks like no matter what happens next week, Jessica will be headlining most of the Idol tour this summer. I can't imagine they'd put him up with the stress of touring.

vCash
    . In all seriousness, I hope he gets better. Health >>> music. Looks like no matter what happens next week, Jessica will be headlining most of the Idol tour this summer. I can't imagine they'd put him up with the stress of touring.
    He is having his surgury right after the finale & the tour doesn't start until July 6. His doctor says he will need about 6 wks to recover so he should be fine for the tour. My brother had the surgery last year (I assume it is similar surgery as he has had the same problem for years) & he bounced right back & he was 51 at the time.

vCash
    I can't imagine they'd put him up with the stress of touring.
    He (or maybe his Dad) said last week that it would take about six weeks to recover from the surgery and that Phillip would miss the beginning of the tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    He is having his surgury right after the finale & the tour doesn't start until July 6. His doctor says he will need about 6 wks to recover so he should be fine for the tour. My brother had the surgery last year (I assume it is similar surgery as he has had the same problem for years) & he bounced right back & he was 51 at the time.
    Ohh ok. Good to hear, then.

vCash
    Just three things to say:

Jessica - IF she has made it to the finale by illegal votes being counted, there is NOTHING fair about that. It's not "shame on Jessica" .. it's "HUGE shame on Idol for allowing it to happen."

Joshua - We'll probably never know if he was robbed of a place in the finale by illegal votes for Jessica. What a shame if he was. BUT, on the extremely bright side, I'm not at all surprised he has been signed to a "huge deal." He totally deserves it. And, I'm not at all surprised that Jimmy has said Josh was his favorite contestant ... he never made it a secret that he considered Joshua a huge talent that he "wouldn't let get away." I expect Joshua to have a very successful career. He has a calmness about him, maturity and performance ability that belies his still being in his teens. He seems like he should be about 30!

Philip - Although, based on talent alone, I don't think there is ANY way he deserves to be in the finale and I do not believe he will have a long career in the music business, I am truly sorry to hear of the severity of his kidney problems. The poor kid just does not deserve this and I commend him for never playing the "poor health card" even once throughout this competition. My wishes for him for the future are GOOD HEALTH and happiness.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    And how do you know that AI doesn't have a system in place to filter out these votes?
    For years, AI had a system in place to combat the auto-dialing done via computer programming (this is the way that DialIdol uses/used to calculate their results and, if I'm understanding all the technobabble/jargon correctly, AI's detection/elimination of those forms of mass voting is the reason DialIdol is not as accurate as it used to be). From what I've gathered, most of those calls/votes were Domestic rather than International. AI is also able to detect and block the mass/bloc voting from both here in the States as well as from out of the country that is being done via MagicJack.

While that has been successful, AI has said it's been a lot more difficult to detect and remove the votes from overseas/outside of the US coming in via Skype and FaceBook (both done using proxies to mask the originating IP and allowing the cheater to "use" an American IP address to register (or something to that effect).

Regarding Phillip, these are the additional articles I read regarding his health and the impending surgery:

Idolator Article (references the TMZ article linked by Babalooie)

Reality TV World Article

Article from The Hollywood Reporter

Perez Hilton Article

Although the title in the PerezHilton.com article above states that Phillip "...should drop out of American Idol But Will Not," it contains a lot of admiration for his courage and determination to compete even though he's enduring excruciating pain (as well as having to deal with the fact that the medication he's having to take creates a severely dry mouth which affects his voice), and the author of the article is quite complimentary and wishes him tons of luck and well-wishes for next Tuesday night.
    Last edited by Cyn; 05-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Joshua will do well in the Soul/R and B/crossover market.
    He should attract a younger audience to those genres.
    He'll even appeal to those who listen to Christian music; a group ignored by many in the "mainstream",

I'm sure that the deal was "in the works" weeks ago.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Nothing to say. Just wanted to quote it so that when it gets edited out, we still have a record.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    And, I'm not at all surprised that Jimmy has said Josh was his favorite contestant ...
    It was Nigel Lythgoe who said that, not Jimmy. I don't know who Jimmy's favorite is. I'm guessing he likes both Jessica and Joshua, but sees Jessica as being the most commercial if he can find the right material. However, the other night, he was best at choosing a song that fit Joshua's style. It's just that the song was not the kind of song that would get a lot of radio play.

I don't think that Jimmy gets Phillip. If he thought "Disease" was a poor song choice by Phillilp, I think he not only doesn't understand Phillip, but doesn't understand Phillip's fan base. I'm guessing that Phillip will end up recording a bunch of songs he's not crazy about with arrangments he doesn't care for either.

Haley's CD is coming out this week. I'll be interested to hear it. From the clips, I get the impression that it's pretty much the kind of album Haley wanted to make.

Casey Abrams has an album coming out next month. Here's a track that's going to be released as a single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QJIW5tyg9U

vCash
    I like that track from Casey. It's so him, which is quite unlike the mold he was pigeonholed into during the show.

I've been looking forward to Haley's album for a while now as I love "Free."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Same here, but I have to say, Listen Up!, complete with the ! and all, is probably the most 80's-bubblegum title for an album. It doesn't quite seem Haley to me, but that's so minor that I don't even know why it catches my attention.

vCash
    I like that track from Casey. It's so him, which is quite unlike the mold he was pigeonholed into during the show.

Concord is one of the most prestigious Jazz labels.
    I'm glad that Casey will be able to concentrate on material that allows his range as a musician/performer to shine, at last.

vCash
    Yeah. It does seem to be very Casey. I like it. It kind of reminds me of Jason Mraz a little. Jason adds a little jazz to his folk/pop sometimes and it seems that Casey is mixing in some folk/pop with his jazz.

You can get a free mp3 of Simple Life here:

http://caseyabramsmusic.tumblr.com/

I think one of the smartest things Casey did was not take Jimmy's advice when he told Casey to stay away from the jazz during Idol. It helped him build somewhat of an audience and helped him commit to what he really wanted to do. I think Casey's much better off for not making the finale and not being signed by Iovine.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789