Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    You are so lucky. I wouldn't say I'm an artist, but a friend of mine challenged me once to draw using Microsoft Paint. She had about three t-shirts with Snoopy, The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, etc.

I accepted the challenge just using my mouse. I'm actually left-handed, but can't use a left-handed mouse. It's more natural feeling to use a right-handed mouse. Anyway, I won the challenge. It's not easy at all using a mouse. I was determined, though. The hardest thing to do was draw the tiny Santa in a sleigh with the reindeer in one of the pictures I drew.

This is the results of drawing with a mouse.
    http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...998/Paint_Art/

A couple of them aren't as good as I would have liked. I kept all of them anyway because it was hard.

I just played Fishing Girl, and loved it! beepbeep, regarding Chat Noir; that little cat is devious!
    Well done!!!!!!!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thank you! I actually retired after finishing those.
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    oooh I love Draw Something. I know my family/friends love my stick figures!!
    My mom calls me to ask me what have I drawn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citlali View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citlali View Post
    My sis does that too! I like to think she has deficient guessing skills...

vCash
    Thank you! I actually retired after finishing those.
    I have a really hard time drawing with a mouse. I am old enough that I never learned to draw on a computer. So, a stylus feels more natural to me. I still don't feel like I have enough control, though. I prefer drawing with pen/pencil.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I used to draw with lead/graphite pencils and charcoal pencils when I was in my 20's. I was good at drawing faces. I just didn't have the patience anymore to use the mouse and draw. It's definitely harder using the mouse.
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    I am a graphic artist/art director. My favorite is a Rapidograph. Try to find one today! I don't know if I even know where mine is . I do like working with markers and watercolor pencils.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Well, I'm impressed! I've never worked with watercolors, but I've used colored pencils before. I discovered if you wet the tips that it's easier to blend colors.

What exactly is Rapidograph? It sounds interesting!
    Angie

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    It always helps to do a search.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...h-pen-sets.htm

Very nice and quite impressive. I may have to give it a try.
    Angie

vCash
    Well, I'm impressed! I've never worked with watercolors, but I've used colored pencils before. I discovered if you wet the tips that it's easier to blend colors.

What exactly is Rapidograph? It sounds interesting!
    Rapidographs are technical pens. They come in varying point widths. Mostly used in the drafting industry (before CAD). But, also used in graphics and india ink drawing you have to use non-clogging ink). I have done quite a few logos, I usually draw them with ink, then scan them and add type and color. Of course, when I was in the industry (advertising) we still used mechanicals and actual art. So, much of the art was drawn with Rapidographs. As were crop marks and ruling on the mechanicals.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...graph-pens.htm http://www.reuels.com/reuels/Rapidog...ical-Pens.html

vCash
    It always helps to do a search.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...h-pen-sets.htm

Very nice and quite impressive. I may have to give it a try.
    If you do, and if you use a straight edge with them - Put a double thickness piece of masking tape under the straight edge, set in 1/4 inch from the edge. If the edge sits on the paper, the ink will bleed under it. But putting masking tape under it, it lifts the edge off the paper, just enough to prevent that.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thank you for the advice. I've been making my own fonts for around 4 years using a software called high-logic Scanahand. It enables you to print templates, and use either a marker or felt tip pen to write in the alphabet, numerals and punctuation. Once the template is ready and scanned, it is added to the Windows font folder.

I'm afraid the software is more expensive now than when I first purchased it. I bought it at a discount. The software version was on sale before it was upgraded to another version.

I use the fonts I make for various projects in Microsoft Word and also create PDF files with the fonts.

I believe the technical pens would be much better in creating the fonts than using felt tip pens or markers.

I like the other link you provided. The prices seem more reasonable.
    Angie

vCash
    Thank you for the advice. I've been making my own fonts for around 4 years using a software called high-logic Scanahand. It enables you to print templates, and use either a marker or felt tip pen to write in the alphabet, numerals and punctuation. Once the template is ready and scanned, it is added to the Windows font folder.

I'm afraid the software is more expensive now than when I first purchased it. I bought it at a discount. The software version was on sale before it was upgraded to another version.

I use the fonts I make for various projects in Microsoft Word and also create PDF files with the fonts.

I believe the technical pens would be much better in creating the fonts than using felt tip pens or markers.

I like the other link you provided. The prices seem more reasonable.
    They would be better. However, the paper you use is also a consideration. Make sure you use a paper with a plate finish, and a good weight, like bristol. And rag content is better.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thank you. I do have a heavier weight paper that I use, but it doesn't have a plate finish. Looks like I'll be checking online at office depot.
    Angie

vCash
    I suggest: http://www.strathmoreartist.com/draw-bristol.html You can get it in an art store, actual or on line.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I just bookmarked that site. Unfortunately there are no art stores in my town. The link is appreciated.
    Angie

vCash
    This thread has taken a turn.

vCash
    ^^ True, but less than some others. At least there is a rational segue from "Draw Something" to actual drawing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast