Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Wasn't expecting that at all.
    I don't know, for me it explains the judges extremely high scores...

vCash
    Shortly after she was eliminated, Sherri said she thought the final 3 would be William, Donald and Katherine, so kudos to Sherri who can now start her career as a psychic!

I guess Tristan is now the official fan favourite. I was kind of surprised Chelsie got picked - I never really thought she had the fanbase, but good for her.

So disappointed they're bringing back former winners and 'controversial' stars. I want 2nd and 3rd placers! I re-state my choices from the last thread:
    - Mel B (Maks)
    - Gilles (Cheryl)
    - Kyle (Lacey)
    - Joey Fatone (Kym)
    - Kelly O (Louis)
    - Evan (Anna)
    - Chelsea Kane (Mark)
    - Mya (Dmitri)
    - Mario Lopez (Karina) - unlikely with their former relationship

And I want to add another one - Stacy Keibler and Tony!! She's almost 33, which is the age at which Geroge Clooney seems to ditch his girlfriends, so she'll need to keep her name in the news in other ways. Plus she was pretty good.

vCash
    I'm so bummed for Maria & Derek. They had such great chemistry.

Ah well, at least William is still in.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    What's Alanis Morissette doing on a ballroom dancing show? Isn't it ironic.

vCash
    Maria really was the most improved and grew to become a great dancer. Katherine has kind of gone downhill the last few weeks, though she's still the best one. William has been overscored all along, and Donald has improved as well, though he is a bit sloppy at times. It's sad when people who deserve to be in are booted over those kept in by horny women (and gay men) who probably spend their free time reading Fifty Shades of Grey.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    What's Alanis Morissette doing on a ballroom dancing show? Isn't it ironic.
    no, just like the other examples in her annoying song
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Maria really was the most improved and grew to become a great dancer. Katherine has kind of gone downhill the last few weeks, though she's still the best one. William has been overscored all along, and Donald has improved as well, though he is a bit sloppy at times. It's sad when people who deserve to be in are booted over those kept in by horny women (and gay men) who probably spend their free time reading Fifty Shades of Grey.
    So true!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I think this might have been an example of people assuming Maria was safer than the others because she's been scoring so high the last few weeks, and giving their votes to whoever they thought was more "in danger". Regardless of whether Katherine had low votes last week for getting into the semifinals, having her "be in danger" for the whole show, and saving Maria find out she was safe right away definitely gave the impression that Katherine was on shakier ground with the votes.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    ^^^
    This!

Maria was so much better than do nothing William. She is really a class act!
    This!

vCash
    Really enjoyed Maria!

This final should be something. Both guys are strong and stable enough to manage some huge tricks and Katherine seems to be able to take on most of what Mark gives her.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Actually, I expect the final will be "William standing around acting as a barechested jungle gym while Cheryl spins", "Donald works the hardest and shows most improvement and gets booted first", "Katherine does the best overall" and then William wins because, as screech put it, the horny straight women and gay men are voting for him.

vCash
    If william wins this, I'm done.

vCash
    danceronice, I agree with you.

It's not that William doesn't have ability.
    However, he "poses"a lot; and there is a lack of attention/sloppiness in his dancing that makes it "fall flat" for me.
    He relies on his "sex appeal" too much.

It's a "turn off"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    danceronice, I agree with you.

It's not that William doesn't have ability.
    However, he "poses"a lot; and there is a lack of attention/sloppiness in his dancing that makes it "fall flat" for me.
    He relies on his "sex appeal" too much.

It's a "turn off"!
    That is what bothers me the most. When Giles did DWTS, he worked hard and, though he was hot - hot - hot, he didn't rely on it. William, not only relays on it but seems to revel in it. And clue for William - he's got a great body, but he's just not that hot, in my opinion. Hotness is not just body, it's also what's inside.

Had to fix that. I had mistakenly written, Giles thought he was hot, but meant to say though he was hot. Two very different meanings!
    Last edited by cruisin; 05-16-2012 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    I think it's just as well that Maria went home last night. She's been dealing with quite a few injuries.

I honestly don't understand William's appeal. He's nice-looking but not so much as to warrant all the studio audience screaming. Is the audience instructed to do that every week? Also, the whole "what is this American custom you speak of?" act feels phony to me. He did come to this country as a teenager, I find it hard to believe he knows nothing about American culture, but he's trying to play up the sexy foreigner act and it's annoying.

Anyway, I think Katherine will win - she is still the best technical dancer, and it's been a while since a Hough/Ballas has won. So the judges will give Katherine all 10's and bury the other two, and if it's not enough, they'll bury the other two some more on the second night to get the result they want (like they did with the Nicole/Evan season). But that's fine, I'm in ABW mode now (sorry, Cheryl!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    That is what bothers me the most. When Giles did DWTS, he worked hard and, thought he was hot - hot - hot, he didn't rely on it. William, not only relays on it but seems to revel in it. And clue for William - he's got a great body, but he's just not that hot, in my opinion. Hotness is not just body, it's also what's inside.
    Amen!

This is why I think the world of Gilles.
    He didn't flaunt anything and was the epitome of "class".
    Yet, he certainly has "it"!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Gilles had more class, depth and soul than William. It not only made him more appealing in general, it made his dancing much better and also, even if they both on the surface have faces and bodies of an Adonis, that made Gilles sexier and more beautiful to look at too.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    So the judges will give Katherine all 10's and bury the other two, and if it's not enough, they'll bury the other two some more on the second night to get the result they want (like they did with the Nicole/Evan season). But that's fine, I'm in ABW mode now (sorry, Cheryl!).
    I don't know, Carrie Anne swoons over William :roll eyes:.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Gilles had more class, depth and soul than William. It not only made him more appealing in general, it made his dancing much better and also, even if they both on the surface have faces and bodies of an Adonis, that made Gilles sexier and more beautiful to look at too.
    You spoke for me!

vCash
    Gilles was in a class of his own (damn that crappy freestyle). He is physically gorgeous, he's humble, he has a great sense of humor and he could really dance. Although it seems easy to compare one hunk to another, it's totally unfair to make William subject to such a comparison. William is nice looking, has a great body, seems pretty nice, can't really gauge how much humor he has and is a decent dancer with a good sense of rhythm.

People seem cast into certain roles on Dancing with the Stars. Katherine is the really good dancer, Donald is the athlete with charisma, Maria was the hard working underdog and William is the hunk. I think to a certain extent he's doing what the producers tell him to do. Since it's working, he's not rebelling.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast