Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Maria's Jive did not feature the usual difficult flicks and kicks. I don't know if it matters on a night like this.

Scores:

10 9 10

vCash
    Too much showing off by Derek, bet he won't get taken to task for it though.

vCash
    Wonderful showboating by Derek. Maria looked nice standing there.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Maria is much more likeable to me than Nicole or some of Derek's others partners. She seems relatively drama free which is a nice change. But there was a lot of non-dancing in that number.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Maria is much more likeable to me than Nicole or some of Derek's others partners. She seems relatively drama free which is a nice change. But there was a lot of non-dancing in that number.
    So like able that I wish they would fire Brooke Burke and replace her with Maria. She seems sooooo much more approachable and personable than Brooke.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    So like able that I wish they would fire Brooke Burke and replace her with Maria. She seems sooooo much more approachable and personable than Brooke.
    Maria is quite good as a TV personality and can keep/get better gigs than reminding people to vote on DWTS.

I thought Katherine's quickstep was the dance of the night and she HAS to be in the finals. Among the other three I'm agnostic, they're all pretty good but I like Maria better than either of the guys. Donald is probably a better dancer than William, I guess.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    If Katherine doesn't make the finals, I'm going to be pissed! If I'm recalling correctly, she's the only one of the four who's not scored a perfect 10 (is that right?) if so, that's just frong!
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Maria is quite good as a TV personality and can keep/get better gigs than reminding people to vote on DWTS.
    Wasn't she one of the cohosts for Eurovision one year when it was in Greece?

AYS, I think you are correct re the scoring.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    If Katherine doesn't make the finals, I'm going to be pissed! If I'm recalling correctly, she's the only one of the four who's not scored a perfect 10 (is that right?) if so, that's just frong!
    Neither William nor Katherine have gotten 10s from Len, but they've gotten them from Bruno and Carrie Ann.

I enjoyed Donald's samba the most of any dance tonight, but I think the song had something to do with it (though I always pictured someone doing that song while partnered with Maks - Mr. Big Stuff). His waltz was just kind of forgettable.

William's Tango I found quite heavy footed. And his samba had a lot of standing there, and then I thought it looked like he had to wait a few times for Cheryl to catch up before he did his booty shakes.

Maria had one quite ugly lift in her Argentine Tango, and IMO her legs weren't quite extended. I enjoyed her jive as a dance, but agree it wasn't overly jive-y.

I didn't mind Katherine's quickstep - I thought her mugging looked really forced at times. As for her other dance - Mark learned from Derek when doing something a bit different, make sure you do the actual style! My dad asked 'didn't they do something like this last week?' And poor Katherine - when they were doing the final telling of the top and bottom, you could see her back was twisted - one shoulder was way way lower than the other. Hope she's okay!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    William Levey got all 10s on a foxtrot this season.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Well, you know William will be in the Finals- they didn't do the Nighline features and People magazine cover for nothing.

Personally, I'm in the "anyone but William" camp. He's not that good of a dancer.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Well, you know William will be in the Finals- they didn't do the Nighline features and People magazine cover for nothing.

Personally, I'm in the "anyone but William" camp. He's not that good of a dancer.
    His samba was awful. (Of course he gets tens.) Maria's Bollywood number had more actual samba steps. He never used his knees (critical in that particular dance) and there wasn't any REAL hip action, just butt shaking.

And then his clompy tango outscored Katherine's very nice quickstep. Though I'm not sure what to do with her "salsa", but then again none of the pros ever seem to know what to do with salsa.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Katherine seemed to be grabbing her back still at the very end of the show
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Ooooh. Aaron Rodgers sighting!
    Not just Aaron, but also Clay Matthews and Coach McCarthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Wasn't she one of the cohosts for Eurovision one year when it was in Greece?
    Yes, in 2006.

vCash

His story is impressive.
    However, they use it more than they should, because a) they don't have anything else and b) they want they Latino viewers/voters.
    He isn't a really good dancer; but, Cheryl has presented him well.

It will be a shame if Katherine doesn't make the finals.
    She has had some of the most difficult choreography, done very well.
    Her work ethic and enjoyment of the experience has been a pleasure to watch.

vCash
    I am certainly sorry that Katherine was so upset and experiencing pain, but I thought the whole dance was awful. The costume and wig were dreadful and she seemed completely uncomfortable with the choreography. She appeared to have some sort of back spasm at the end. Perhaps she was tensing up throughout. I liked the quickstep, but didn't love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I am certainly sorry that Katherine was so upset and experiencing pain, but I thought the whole dance was awful. The costume and wig were dreadful and she seemed completely uncomfortable with the choreography. She appeared to have some sort of back spasm at the end. Perhaps she was tensing up throughout. I liked the quickstep, but didn't love it.
    I agree about her hair. I kept staring at it during the dance, and not in a flattering way...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    She's not responsible for her hairstyle or costume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    She's not responsible for her hairstyle or costume.
    Mark is and she does get a say. This isn't So You Think You Can Dance where the dancers do as they're told. On DWTS, the celebrities have definite veto power over costumes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast