Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    He better try that damn 3a! I don't care if he splats all over the place on it...JUST GO FOR IT BUDDY!! excited!
    This is where he trolls everyone by coming out and landing it perfectly on the first time.

I can't wait! I'm stupidly excited. It's only June and competitions for my favourite skaters are back! YAY! NO MORE OFF-SEASON!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    This is where he trolls everyone by coming out and landing it perfectly on the first time.

I can't wait! I'm stupidly excited. It's only June and competitions for my favourite skaters are back! YAY! NO MORE OFF-SEASON!!!!!
    Well that would be nice . Can't say I'm expecting that to happen but it would be great if it did!

vCash
    @DougMattis
    @SarahandDrew Jason's skating talent? Off the charts. But it's his kindness and friendly, giving enthusiasm that matters more to me. :-)
    What lovely complements from Doug.
    I'm really looking forward to a great season for Jason.

vCash
    A 3 inch difference isn't noticeable? I would say it is, anyways...

Jason's Libestraume should be interesting, has a guy ever skated to that before? Seems like such a "girly" piece of music, but surely it doesn't have to be, should be really interesting to see though!
    Not as interesting as if he skated to the Spike Jones version:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...9606538&sr=8-1

I do like this version:
    http://www.amazon.com/Liebestraum/dp...=dmusic&sr=1-4

I wonder if either of these would qualify for the polka?

(Somehow I always hear Elvis Presley in my head when Liebestraum is played. Not good.)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Any news on his programs for the upcoming season? Did anyone confirm if Shae Lynn Bourne is in fact doing his choreo, or if he was working with some other Vancouver based choreographer?
    All that is known publicly about Dornbush was posted in the "Program Music/Choreographers" thread in GSD -- that he tweeted his short program is "to an instrumental of 'With or Without You', U2, originally" and that he was in Vancouver for choreography in early April (Bourne is based in Toronto).

Jonathan Cassar tweeted yesterday that he is currently in Toronto working with David Wilson: "Day one in Toronto, sore but stoked for this new program!"
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Not as interesting as if he skated to the Spike Jones version:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...9606538&sr=8-1

I do like this version:
    http://www.amazon.com/Liebestraum/dp...=dmusic&sr=1-4

I wonder if either of these would qualify for the polka?

(Somehow I always hear Elvis Presley in my head when Liebestraum is played. Not good.)
    I always hear Bette Davis as Margo Channing. "Liebestraum...again..."
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    So when is this competition Jason is competing in? This weekend? Or next week/weekend?

Also is Josh doing Skate for Hope this year? Maybe we will get to see a new exhibition program from him...

vCash
    So when is this competition Jason is competing in? This weekend? Or next week/weekend?

Also is Josh doing Skate for Hope this year? Maybe we will get to see a new exhibition program from him...
    Answer to Q1: Jason skates his SP in about 3 hours. (Please, please let there be video.)

Answer to Q2: I haven't seen him on the list. A new ex would be nice. I feel like Gravity was a bit slow and mournful for him. I mean, Josh looks good in slo-mo, but it was just a bit...

Never will complain about the t-shirt/jeans combination...especially when his bootlace came undone.

Bonus answer to Q2:

Just went on Skate for Hope website to check, and nope, no Josh listed. They've got a huge long list of all the skaters they've had over the years down the bottom with pictures, scroll down and...omg cute baby Josh and baby Jason!
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-14-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: extra infos!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Answer to Q1: Jason skates his SP in about 3 hours. (Please, please let there be video.)
    Reposting from the US Club Competitions thread in the Kiss and Cry forum:

FYI, Southport Summer Classic is a pretty small club competition and I don't even know if, or how soon, results will be published online afterwards. Jason Brown mentioned he is scheduled to compete at Glacier Falls in early August -- we fans were lucky to have many videos filmed from the stands/uploaded to YouTube last year, so fingers crossed the same will happen again for Glacier Falls this year!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Reposting from the US Club Competitions thread in the Kiss and Cry forum:

FYI, Southport Summer Classic is a pretty small club competition and I don't even know if, or how soon, results will be published online afterwards. Jason Brown mentioned he is scheduled to compete at Glacier Falls in early August -- we fans were lucky to have many videos filmed from the stands/uploaded to YouTube last year, so fingers crossed the same will happen again for Glacier Falls this year!
    *mock whining* BUT THAT'S NOT TIL AUGUST!

Last year at Glacier Falls he also tried the 3A.

vCash

Answer to Q2: I haven't seen him on the list. A new ex would be nice. I feel like Gravity was a bit slow and mournful for him. I mean, Josh looks good in slo-mo, but it was just a bit...

Never will complain about the t-shirt/jeans combination...especially when his bootlace came undone.

Bonus answer to Q2:

Just went on Skate for Hope website to check, and nope, no Josh listed. They've got a huge long list of all the skaters they've had over the years down the bottom with pictures, scroll down and...omg cute baby Josh and baby Jason!
    Hmm I heard Josh was doing Skate for Hope. Someone had posted something about it on his FB awhile back. Maybe he's just not listed as a headliner? Or maybe he was going to do it then changed his mind...idk.

Hoping there will at least be a report about Jason's SP, even if there's no video...

vCash
    Hmm I heard Josh was doing Skate for Hope. Someone had posted something about it on his FB awhile back. Maybe he's just not listed as a headliner? Or maybe he was going to do it then changed his mind...idk.

Hoping there will at least be a report about Jason's SP, even if there's no video...
    They have Jeremy and Adam listed as headliners, and one would think that a Junior World Championship medallist would at least receive a look-in on the poster I think it's safe to assume at this point that he won't be there.

Nothing so far, but it's early yet, I'll keep waiting

Meanwhile, I think Josh's new profile picture on Twitter is his new haircut? Certainly not going to complain about it either way

vCash
    They have Jeremy and Adam listed as headliners, and one would think that a Junior World Championship medallist would at least receive a look-in on the poster I think it's safe to assume at this point that he won't be there.

Nothing so far, but it's early yet, I'll keep waiting

Meanwhile, I think Josh's new profile picture on Twitter is his new haircut? Certainly not going to complain about it either way
    Ahaha yeah it's his new hair...idk if i like it spiked up like that. he's a cutie regardless but i think it looked better at jw. this new hair looks a bit beiberish although maybe that's what he was going for...

ANY NEWS ON JASON'S SP AND IF HE ATTEMPTED/LANDED THE 3A?!

vCash
    Ahaha yeah it's his new hair...idk if i like it spiked up like that. he's a cutie regardless but i think it looked better at jw. this new hair looks a bit beiberish although maybe that's what he was going for...

ANY NEWS ON JASON'S SP AND IF HE ATTEMPTED/LANDED THE 3A?!
    It's certainly a bit big at the front but you're right, he will remain gorgeous always.

NO NEWS! I AM DYINGGGGGGGG! He skates the FS tonight...some lucky crowd is about to have a mass !

vCash
    It's certainly a bit big at the front but you're right, he will remain gorgeous always.

NO NEWS! I AM DYINGGGGGGGG! He skates the FS tonight...some lucky crowd is about to have a mass !
    Gack I'm so jealous. I wish I could see Jason's Liebestraume live! I wonder if he'll wear a lavender costume which seems to be the "signature" color to wear when skating to Liebestraume, that would be erm interesting, but I'm sure Jason could still manage to make it look cute/manly. A darker purple could definitely work.

vCash
    Is it possible to start a Jason & Josh Uber thread in the Trash Can for commentary re: hair and fashion? This thread should be about news regarding the competitive season, not about fashion & hair commentary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Is it possible to start a Jason & Josh Uber thread in the Trash Can for commentary re: hair and fashion? This thread should be about news regarding the competitive season, not about fashion & hair commentary.
    Sorted.

Josh and Jason squealing goes in here now: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83969

vCash
    Great Q & A with Ross Miner!

He discusses his new programs and dishes on Boston being site of 2014 Nationals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HxluIJVbg&NR=1

Very interesting responses to some of the questions --

Ross loves Michal Brezina's triple axel, the emotion Dai has when he skates, and he thinks Jonathan Cassar's spread eagle is one of the coolest moves in figure skating.

If he skated pairs, Ross would love to skate with Gretchen Donlan or Marissa Castelli.

(Also posted in Ross Miner thread in the Skip)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I also posted the link to the fan interview video with Miner a few pages back, but it seems to have gotten lost.

Richard Dornbush is now scheduled to compete in the Glacier Falls club competition in early August, along with Keegan Messing (this will be his first time at GF, I believe, since he usually has done Golden West on Labor Day weekend instead).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-15-2012 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Great Q & A with Ross Miner!

He discusses his new programs and dishes on Boston being site of 2014 Nationals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HxluIJVbg&NR=1

Very interesting responses to some of the questions --

Ross loves Michal Brezina's triple axel, the emotion Dai has when he skates, and he thinks Jonathan Cassar's spread eagle is one of the coolest moves in figure skating.

If he skated pairs, Ross would love to skate with Gretchen Donlan or Marissa Castelli.

(Also posted in Ross Miner thread in the Skip)
    Any news regarding if Ross is planning to try a quad (4t or 4s or both?) in his programs this upcoming season? He had mentioned something about it earlier in the spring...i'm curious to see how they are coming, it could make a big difference in his placement at Nationals and whether or not he'll be a "favorite" to make the Olympic team in 2014.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast