Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post

In any event, I think quite a few skaters embellish their heights. Like I somehow doubt Johnny Weir is actually 5'9", or that Patrick Chan is 5'8", Oda is probably not even the 5'5" he claims, and Joubert despite being so manly I have trouble believing is really almost 5'11". It is what it is. My votes for height: Jason 169 cm, Josh 176-177 cm, Ricky 173-174 cm.
    They embellish their heights? Has skating turned into Match.com?

vCash
    Maybe they all get measured in skates.

vCash
    ^^ Exactly what I was thinking, Skittl1321! For example, if Dornbush's actual height is 5'8" then his skates would add at least 3 inches making him appear to be 5'11"

For all intents and purposes, their skates do become part of these athletes, as they are in them for so much of their careers.

This reminds me of the time I met Petr Barna in person after a COI event. (He's a very sweet and friendly guy, btw). He admitted to me that he was actually wearing lifts in his shoes because he wasn't that tall. He felt more comfortable wearing the lifts because they made him appear as tall as he was when he was on the ice.

vCash
    I stood next to Gwendal Peizerat in an elevator, and I was surprised at how short and slight he was -- Marina must be even tinier. He sure could skate "big" whatever his height.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    They embellish their heights? Has skating turned into Match.com?
    Is it really that hard to believe? Joubert is one of the taller male skaters and from what I've heard from people who met him, he's around 5'8"...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    More off-season fluff via Twitter:
    @SarahandDrew
    Also from Jason Brown: "As of now... the hair is staying in a ponytail!"

@DougMattis
    @SarahandDrew Jason's skating talent? Off the charts. But it's his kindness and friendly, giving enthusiasm that matters more to me. :-)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I've stood by Plushenko and next to Joubert while both were wearing street shoes and both are noticeably taller than my 5'5", which 5'8" people are not.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Scroll down for the latest Jason Brown update in Sarah and Drew's "Inside Edge" blog today (June 12): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    The always-delightful Jason Brown told us Monday that he'll skate his short program next season to the Prince song "The Question of U." For the free skate, he'll be interpreting Franz Liszt's "Liebesträume." Brown's longtime choreographer Rohene Ward will create both programs.

"One of the people that works with me on my skating skills, Rob Peal, used to be a dancer, and he was like, 'I think you should do this piece.'" Brown told us. "It's really fun, because Rohene is Prince; he's just that type of person. It's been fun working with him on it. I got so caught up watching him that I would forget what I was supposed to do! ...
    Looking forward to seeing Brown's programs and happy to hear that Ward is involved in choreography again after returning from his European tour!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

JEWELS.
    vCash
    ITA With Jason that Rohene is Prince. Both from Minnesota...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I've stood by Plushenko and next to Joubert while both were wearing street shoes and both are noticeably taller than my 5'5", which 5'8" people are not.
    A 3 inch difference isn't noticeable? I would say it is, anyways...

Jason's Libestraume should be interesting, has a guy ever skated to that before? Seems like such a "girly" piece of music, but surely it doesn't have to be, should be really interesting to see though!

vCash
    Jason's Libestraume should be interesting, has a guy ever skated to that before? Seems like such a "girly" piece of music, but surely it doesn't have to be, should be really interesting to see though!
    Interpretive program

Reportedly Johnny Weir was planning to use it at one point but changed his mind/program before the season began.

vCash
    Not the ponytail.

vCash
    Jason's Libestraume should be interesting, has a guy ever skated to that before?
    Chengjiang LI, SP, 2006 Worlds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwiUO...layer_embedded

Chengjiang was known for his jumps.
    I think this program was a new challenge for him.

(I know this thread is about US men, so this is just FYI)

vCash
    So apparently someone asked about Richard's height on twitter and he replied saying he's 5'8". So as for the growthspurt theory...

Any news on his programs for the upcoming season? Did anyone confirm if Shae Lynn Bourne is in fact doing his choreo, or if he was working with some other Vancouver based choreographer?

vCash
    I think Liebstraume is such a perfect piece of music for Jason! I'm a bit about the Prince choice, normally I don't like that sort of thing, but Jason has had flawless tastes in music all through his career so I'll go with it!

And if he can do Liebstraume half as well as Ilia could, it will be absolutely beautiful...

So relieved to hear that the ponytail is staying put! I hope that if he does decides to cut it off he does it as his own choice, and not because anyone else has told him to.

And...no 3A news. Jason, you little tease...

Also, a free skate in 3 days?!?!?!?! Oh boy. Hope there'll be videos from this competition!

vCash
    So apparently someone asked about Richard's height on twitter and he replied saying he's 5'8". So as for the growthspurt theory...
    Here's a theory: He just had a bad season. It happens sometimes.

As his uber, here's hoping he gets things turned around next season.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Here's a theory: He just had a bad season. It happens sometimes.

As his uber, here's hoping he gets things turned around next season.
    Oh I totally agree. I'm a big Dornbush fan as well, I more just meant to say that whatever was troubling him last season was not growth related, as one poster had mentioned, claiming he had spurted up to 6'1"! Just wanted to clear the air.

vCash
    I'm so glad to hear Rohene is back and choreographing for Jason! (And I hope that he can help him with that dreaded 3A)

The article said Jason will be doing a competition this weekend, but that his LP wasn't done yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'm so glad to hear Rohene is back and choreographing for Jason! (And I hope that he can help him with that dreaded 3A)

The article said Jason will be doing a competition this weekend, but that his LP wasn't done yet.
    They're trying to get the LP done in three days, which is pretty ambitious. I think what we'll see this weekend will be a VERY rough version of it!

I'm super-excited to see this! (And I'll be keeping an eye on his jump content very, very, very closely. *crosses fingers*)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    They're trying to get the LP done in three days, which is pretty ambitious. I think what we'll see this weekend will be a VERY rough version of it!

I'm super-excited to see this! (And I'll be keeping an eye on his jump content very, very, very closely. *crosses fingers*)
    He better try that damn 3a! I don't care if he splats all over the place on it...JUST GO FOR IT BUDDY!! excited!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast