Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    That looked great. Please thank your Japanese friend.
    thanks from me, too i'm crossing my fingers for armin to get that SA spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If he comes back and wins, he can finally shake off the notion that he was a risk averse one hit wonder who only won because the better skaters faltered. However, I think the more likely scenario is that some better skaters will deliver and his return will ironically prove that he really isn't that good a skater even if clean.
    I don't even like Lysacek, but . The reigning World Champion stepped up to the plate at the biggest stage in the game and owned the moment.

The only thing that man has to shake off is the shade being thrown his way by fans of his competitors.

On another and more current note, to Armin! Here's hoping he gets that Skate America spot.

vCash
    Fantastic from Armin, those jumps are looking wonderful! Hope he can keep it up!

vCash
    I agree with your response Mayra, re Lysacek. He is definitely a good skater, and he's obviously a very hard and determined worker. He didn't accomplish what he's achieved just through favoritism and dumb luck. Again, I think Lysacek is a very good skater, and I found him pleasant to watch when he first moved up to senior Nationals (his eager puppy days ) -- I don't think he's all that interesting or inspiring as a skater, but he usually gets the job done. I actually found him more interesting to watch on the dance floor, perhaps because he had to interact with a partner.

I hope all the veteran guys who come back will do their best and enjoy themselves, but I'd prefer to see others reach the podium. Oh, well, maybe Johnny for bronze, or at the least 4th place like he should have been at 2010 Olympics. But I think the podium might be completely different than we think at the moment, by the time Sochi arrives in 2014.

vCash
    Forgive me for cross-posting this since I really like Armin's new FS !!

OMG, I really love Armin's new FS!!! (at Vail Invitational)
    A cool program (music) and he is on fire, nailing quad and 3A!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZqmO...ure=plpp_video
    Last edited by YukiNieve; 07-15-2012 at 10:15 AM.

vCash
    Here is Joshua Farris's SP from that same Vail competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_QGp...feature=relmfu

3x - swish, no rim!
    3-3
    bails on the solo 3

Anyway, I'm sorry but could someone remind me what his competition schedule is this season. Will he compete as a Senior or be eligible for Sr. Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Here is Joshua Farris's SP from that same Vail competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_QGp...feature=relmfu

3x - swish, no rim!
    3-3
    bails on the solo 3

Anyway, I'm sorry but could someone remind me what his competition schedule is this season. Will he compete as a Senior or be eligible for Sr. Worlds?
    No to the first, yes presumably to the second. He's been sent around on the Junior circuit again, will compete his third Senior Nationals. If he does well at Nationals they may pick him for Sr Worlds or send him back to Jr.

vCash
    That's wonderful!
    Many thanks to your friend, YukiNieve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    No to the first, yes presumably to the second. He's been sent around on the Junior circuit again, will compete his third Senior Nationals. If he does well at Nationals they may pick him for Sr Worlds or send him back to Jr.
    OK. Thanks. I'm sure it has been discussed already in other threads, but I couldn't find the info.

I guess I'm over-eager to see him compete as a Senior because I'm really warming to this kid's skating. If he's going to be on the Junior circuit again, I think he'd have to really blow down doors at Senior Nats to make a senior World's team, though (always possible when you consider the rocky world of US men's skating). Otherwise, he most likely will return to Jr. Worlds with a 'good' finish.

Is it possible if he gets a podium finish at Nats that he'd go to 4CC's instead of Jr. Worlds? Want him so bad to get some major Sr. exposure! Oh, he could pull a Gracie and go to WTT, though. USFSA might give that some thought ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If he comes back and wins, he can finally shake off the notion that he was a risk averse one hit wonder who only won because the better skaters faltered. However, I think the more likely scenario is that some better skaters will deliver and his return will ironically prove that he really isn't that good a skater even if clean.
    Isn´t that the way in lots of competitions? It is rather rare that say top ten all skate perfectly or even top three. Somebody wins because others don´t skate as well. And Lysacek won 3 times inside of a year (Worlds, GPF and Olympics), it does not sound like one hit wonder to me.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Grant Hochstein won the Senior Men's combined event at L.A Open this weekend - here's his FS to the film soundtracks of King Arthur and Troy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4WN8sIza6Y (link is cross-posted in the U.S. Club Competitions thread in the Kiss and Cry forum)
    He landed 7 of his planned 8 triples, including 3A+2T, in his FS and won the SP.

Sean Rabbitt and Richard Dornbush placed 2nd and 3rd overall, and Philip Warren (in his senior debut) was 4th.
    Top 4 scores: Hochstein 195.80 (68.07 SP, 127.73 FS), Rabbitt 192.33 (67.60, 124.73), Dornbush 185.69 (56.53, 129.16), Warren 154.62 (57.97, 96.65).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the report, Sylvia I loooove how he moves and finishes every touch. But certainly not liking the way he rushes into jumps.

I wonder what happened to Ricky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    OK. Thanks. I'm sure it has been discussed already in other threads, but I couldn't find the info.

I guess I'm over-eager to see him compete as a Senior because I'm really warming to this kid's skating. If he's going to be on the Junior circuit again, I think he'd have to really blow down doors at Senior Nats to make a senior World's team, though (always possible when you consider the rocky world of US men's skating). Otherwise, he most likely will return to Jr. Worlds with a 'good' finish.

Is it possible if he gets a podium finish at Nats that he'd go to 4CC's instead of Jr. Worlds? Want him so bad to get some major Sr. exposure! Oh, he could pull a Gracie and go to WTT, though. USFSA might give that some thought ....
    Dornbush was sent to senior worlds in 2011 after competing on the JGP in the fall, he was 4th and 1st in his two events, then won the JGPF, placed 2nd at Nationals, and was named to the World team, so, with a podium finish at Nationals, Worlds and 4CC are definitely not out of the question. His ISU SB was 4th among all american men last season, and it was less than 2 points lower than that of Miner and Rippon, who earned those scores at events that were generally a bit inflated score wise (4CC and WTT) and with the extra step sequence a senior vs junior men's FS has, so at this point, Josh should be in the mix. Of course anything can happen and he's still young and might be growing more but with the state of US men's skating as it is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh and his coaches are aiming for a podium finish at Nationals along with a 4CC and/or senior Worlds assignment afterwards, with JW as a potential backup assignment (not many men are still eligible by age for it), as looking at the international scores from last season, on paper, he is one of the strongest male skaters in the country right now. And if he starts trying and having success with the 4t, this will just help his chances, especially where the current #2 and #3 men (Rippon and Miner) have yet to land a ratified quad in competition (Miner has never even attempted one).

vCash
    Thanks for the video of Grant. He is looking good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I wonder what happened to Ricky
    *Groan* I saw the SP score and was like WTF.

He 'won' the LP, so hopefully he will improve. I can't take another season like last.

vCash
    Tim LeDuc posted on fb today that he withdrew from Liberty and Collegiates as a singles skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Tim LeDuc posted on fb today that he withdrew from Liberty and Collegiates as a singles skater.
    Take a look over at the US pairs thread. Apparently, he has paired up with Deedee Leng, '09 US Jr. Ladies Champ!

Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Thanks for the video of Grant. He is looking good
    A definite improvement over last season, but he needs to always be nailing the 3x at least to have a shot
    Last edited by olympic; 07-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    Repost from Sylvia at 2012 U.S. Club Competition info/links & general discussion thread:

Sean Rabbitt posted his videos from L.A. Open:
    "One Mint Julep" from the Down With Love film soundtrack (choreographed by Cindy Stuart) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq20HgA6KSc

"Daphnis and Chloe" by Ravel (choreographed by Karen Kwan-Oppegard) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io90QNlIQlM

Enjoy!
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    I've been browsing from thread to thread -- and I'm not sure if this would be the correct one -- but if anyone knows which senior men are scheduled to compete at Liberty this week, would you mind sharing the list here? Thank you.
    Last edited by mikemba; 07-16-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    I've been browsing form thread to thread -- and I'm not sure if this would be the correct one -- but if anyone knows which senior men are scheduled to compete at Liberty this week, would you mind sharing the list here? Thank you.
    I've posted the list in the Liberty competition thread in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84034
    Do you not have access? ETA: If not, I've also posted an identical thread at GS: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ion-July-17-21

Notable U.S. men scheduled to compete at Liberty include the following: Ross Miner (believe he plans to do either SP or FS), Keegan Messing, Max Aaron, Brandon Mroz, Wesley Campbell, Harrison Choate, Timothy Koleto, Emmanuel Savary.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast