Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

vCash
    If Evan was planning to return to competition, wouldn't a had spilled the beans by now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Jason Brown 208.76 at Southport Summer Classic in mid-June
    Finally, a score.

Bit curious. I wonder what else happened in his SP other than the rumoured UR 3A. Because if he really did get 144 for his LP, then that means he only got 64 for his SP, and that's REALLY low for him.

Maybe the judges weren't fans of Prince?

Really can't wait for Glacier Falls. I'm kind of to see this new SP, but to see the LP. Jason, y u confuse me?

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash

Here's a nice local article on the current U.S. Intermediate Men's champ, Tomoki Hiwatashi, age 12, who is coached in the Chicago area by 1985 World champ Alexander Fadeev and his wife: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/707129961/
    Hiwatashi is scheduled to compete in the Novice Men's event at Liberty next week.
    I've skated with him several times in the past few weeks. He's tiny, and boy what a jumper.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    So Plush who has participated in 57 senior competitions, winning gold in only 45 of them was always undeserving?. (sorry off thread but I couldn't let this one go by uncommented......)
    I meant for the respective titles at 2009 Worlds and 2010 Olympics. But I understand why you would feel insecure

vCash
    ETA: Speaking of the Northbrook rink, here's a photo of Jason Brown from the Northbrook-On-Ice show on July 5, 2012. Related article on the rink's programs: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,734183.story
    Gee, for a moment I thought Kimmie was skating!
    Btw, are there any videos from the club competition? Need I gain access to KnC zone?

vCash
    Will these skaters, including Armin, participate in Vail Invitational in Colorado this weekend?
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...15875262_n.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Will these skaters, including Armin, participate in Vail Invitational in Colorado this weekend?
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...15875262_n.jpg
    Pardon my lack of remembering people's faces, but who are they? I can only make out a couple of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Pardon my lack of remembering people's faces, but who are they? I can only make out a couple of them.
    I'm a bit confused too.

I can make out Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Lukas Kaugars, and Angela Wang. As far as the coaches go, I know they're Damon Allen and Christy Krall.

Who are the male and female on the far left?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    If Evan was planning to return to competition, wouldn't a had spilled the beans by now?
    I thought he didn't stop training, even during the year he took off.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I thought he didn't stop training, even during the year he took off.
    He's still training... or at least still skating regularly. He's been skating where Karen Kwan and Peter have their students. Artesia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Yes. I'm not sure if I will hear any news from this competition, but I will post if I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I can make out Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Lukas Kaugars, and Angela Wang. As far as the coaches go, I know they're Damon Allen and Christy Krall.

The male is Sebastien Payannet and I believe the female (next to Armin) is Kelsea Suarez - both are competing at the junior level.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    He's still training... or at least still skating regularly. He's been skating where Karen Kwan and Peter have their students. Artesia?
    Yes, Grant Hochstein mentions training in Artesia with Lysacek in his latest journal entry (link is in post #234). If/when there's confirmed news of Lysacek returning to competition this season, I am sure a new thread will be started in GSD.

ETA:

For Jonathan Cassar fans, there's an update on his programs for this season (new SP) as well as his goals for the triple Axel and the future, published in Sarah and Drew's 7/12 blog - link is posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=363

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Btw, are there any videos from the club competition? Need I gain access to KnC zone?
    Which club competition? The only known videos from a summer competition so far were posted by Jarrett in the U.S. Ladies thread in the Trash Can (and I've cross-posted them in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry forum). It's hard to know if/when club competition videos will turn up on the Internet, especially for the smaller comps where results are not always guaranteed to be published online in a timely fashion (or at all).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

Kelsea Suarez and Sebastien Payanett-- singles skaters who train with Damon.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    All I know is the competition for the men is going to be through the roof in 2012/13. All of the men have to step it up. The pressure will be intense at Nationals.
    As Peggy Fleming said in 2000 Worlds regarding Michelle " She can't back off at all" Neither can any of the men if they want to stay in the game. Scary stuff.

vCash
    Yes. I'm not sure if I will hear any news from this competition, but I will post if I do.
    Thanks, Sylvia!

I really hope Armin does well here!

vCash
    for Jonathan Cassar going for the 3A this season!!

vCash
    For Jonathan Cassar fans, there's an update on his programs for this season (new SP) as well as his goals for the triple Axel and the future, published in Sarah and Drew's 7/12 blog - link is posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=363
    ... disappointing to hear his choice of music.

However to hear him say two triple axels in one program is very encouraging imo. I always thought he lacked a bit of attitude out there...like "oh well, here goes nothing..." instead of "I'm going to $h!t all over this competition!"

Marry me Johnathan !!!

vCash
    Armin nailed 4T for SP at Vail Invitational in Colorado that is taking place this weekend.
    Unfortunately, those of us in the US cannot watch the video of his SP that a kind uploader put up on YouTube,
    but my friend in Japan cropped the portion that shows his 4T so we can watch it.

His 4T is airy and beautiful!!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78456516/Ar...%20Program.swf

vCash
    Thanks YukiNieve for posting, and thanks to your friend in Japan for cropping that portion to share.

Looks great on Armin -- landed with speed and confidence -- at least from what we can see. Sure goes by in a flash, but I guess it has to in order to be successfully landed.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    He's got a good start towards convincing USFS that he should be assigned to the TBA at Skate America.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    That looked great. Please thank your Japanese friend.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast