Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Keegan's mom gave me this video of Keegan to share with everyone. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/GbcpK4sdQb0
    Sweet!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The Senior Men's event at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic (Aug. 3-5 in Anaheim, Calif.) will include the 4th-15th place finishers in Senior men at 2012 US Nationals -- Mahbanoozadeh, Razzano, Carriere, Messing, Aaron, Brown, Dyer, Cassar, Hochstein, Dornbush, Mroz, Alex Johnson -- plus Philip Warren (Jr. bronze medalist), Emmanuel Savary, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales, Canadians Jeremy Ten and junior champ Mitchell Gordon, and Chris Caluza (PHI).

Junior Men at Glacier Falls include the following International Selection Pool (ISP) skaters -- Nathan Chen, Lukas Kaugars, Jay Yostanto, Spencer Howe, Shotaro Omori -- plus Vincent Zhou and Jordan Moeller.

Dornbush, Hochstein, Warren, and Rabbitt are scheduled to start their season at Los Angeles Open in mid-July.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Just wondering, Sylvia, how do you find out the entries for club competitions? I've trying to find out for liberty and glacier for a couple of weeks now. Do you know which lady entries are at glaciers?

vCash
    That's an incredible senior men's field. It's like a mini Nationals. I would love a live webcast

vCash
    Does anyone know is Josh Farris is injured? He's not on the list for any summer competitions AFAIK, and where he's not competing on the GP, this seems worrisome/odd as the JGP season starts in August and summer competition performance usually plays a significant role in those assignments..

vCash
    Sylvia, Dornbush is still listed as having filed entry papers at Glacier Falls? Of course, many a registered skater has failed to show up in the past.

If you have lots of time, and a knowledge of the coaches names of skaters you are interested in, you can go to the website, click on the coaches button, and check coach by coach, for what skaters they have who have filed paperwork.

Courtney Hicks will be at Glacier Falls.

Gracie Gold will not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    That's an incredible senior men's field. It's like a mini Nationals. I would love a live webcast
    Indeed, that is an amazing lineup! Too bad I will have to miss it this year.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Do you know which lady entries are at glaciers?
    I've started competition threads for both Liberty and Glacier Falls in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry forum, but if you don't have access (an FSU paid subscription or season pass is required now), I've posted some of the notable Glacier Falls Senior and Junior ladies entries in the U.S. Ladies thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...72#post3613272

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Does anyone know is Josh Farris is injured? He's not on the list for any summer competitions AFAIK, and where he's not competing on the GP, this seems worrisome/odd as the JGP season starts in August and summer competition performance usually plays a significant role in those assignments..
    I think you're worrying needlessly. AFAIK, neither Farris nor Jason Brown need to compete in a summer competition in order to be assigned to a JGP -- they just have to let USFS know where they will fulfil their "competition readiness" requirements and it doesn't have to be at one of the major summer competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Sylvia, Dornbush is still listed as having filed entry papers at Glacier Falls? Of course, many a registered skater has failed to show up in the past.
    Currently Tammy Gambill is listed as coaching or co-coaching 6(!) men at Glacier Falls -- Dornbush, Philip Warren (also still working with John Nicks), Sean Rabbitt, Emmanuel Savary (I'm told he is still working with Frank Carroll), Shotaro Omori, and Vincent Zhou.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-06-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Adam Rippon tweeted:

Starting my short program this week. Time to get to work!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    In accordance with the 2012 - 2013 ISU Grand Prix Announcement, Evan Lysacek has until August 1st to agree to terms with U.S. Figure Skating for his return to compete on the Grand Prix @ 2012 Skate America.

Come on USFS - get our Olympic Champ back in the mix for Sochi. Plushenko is back, time to resolve whatever overcooked differences you have with Evan. GET IT DONE!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Come on USFS - get our Olympic Champ back in the mix for Sochi. Plushenko is back, time to resolve whatever overcooked differences you have with Evan. GET IT DONE!
    I see absolutely no reasons for Lysacek coming back to the sport.

He's already won Olympics, he's extremely unlikely to win World or Olympics again.

If I was him, I'd rather do the new DWTS series.

vCash
    Figures that Glacier Falls is the one competition with no webcast afaik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I see absolutely no reasons for Lysacek coming back to the sport.

He's already won Olympics, he's extremely unlikely to win World or Olympics again.

If I was him, I'd rather do the new DWTS series.
    It is his life. If Lysacek wants to put the time, effort, and expense into training to compete at the international level, then more power to him.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    In accordance with the 2012 - 2013 ISU Grand Prix Announcement, Evan Lysacek has until August 1st to agree to terms with U.S. Figure Skating for his return to compete on the Grand Prix @ 2012 Skate America.
    I'm not sure of that: the only language that changed from last year's GP announcement is the date, 1 August instead of 15 August. Lysacek is not an invited skater at this point.

Last year, on 2 September, more than two weeks later, the hosts made the following assignments in place of TBA's:

USFS: Mahbanoozadeh, Hubbell/Donahoe, Cannuscio/Lorello, Forte, Denney/Coughlin

SC: Balde, Harvey/Gagnon, Desanctis, Dube/Wolfe

Chinese Fed: Song, Huang/Zheng*, Zhu*, Sui/Han
    *I have a note that these were made 31 August, but I don't have the printout.

Japanese Fed: Machida, Reed/Reed, Ishikawa

Russian Fed: Menshov, Pukash/Guierreiro, Stolbova/Klimov

For whatever reason, the French Fed filled or released its spots on 10 October (released one Paris spot, Zahorski/Miart, Marocco, Meite, Bessegher

There's nothing in the GP announcement that sets a deadline for filling TBA's, but there must be one, or I can't imagine that five of the six Feds would have filled them on the same date. Maybe the difference gives the ISU/Feds a chance to deal with all of the paperwork for the seeded and until-then invited skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    It is his life. If Lysacek wants to put the time, effort, and expense into training to compete at the international level, then more power to him.
    Well that's exactly my point. It's tons of time, effort and expense for most likely very little gain.

vCash
    I do want to see what Evan could be bringing onto the scene actually which is why I'm all for his comeback!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well that's exactly my point. It's tons of time, effort and expense for most likely very little gain.
    It is YOUR opinion that Lysacek has no reason to comeback because he has very little to gain. However, if Lysacek is willing to put in the time, effort and expense to train to compete at the international level, then he obviously does not share your opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I do want to see what Evan could be bringing onto the scene actually which is why I'm all for his comeback!
    Having seen Lysacek skate live nine times since the Olympics, I can say that his musicality and presentation keeps getting better and better. Therefore, I would definitely like to see what he can bring to competition ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    It is YOUR opinion that Lysacek has no reason to comeback because he has very little to gain. However, if Lysacek is willing to put in the time, effort and expense to train to compete at the international level, then he obviously does not share your opinion.
    What can he gain from it though?

Personal satisfaction possibly yes.

But in terms of further career advancement there doesn't really seem to be anything for him to gain.

When Plushenko came back for Vancouver, that landed him a number of sponsorship deals, ad appearances, etc. But skating has a much higher profile in Russia, I doubt the same would be the case with Lysacek.

vCash
    I loved Evan and he was definitely one of my favs, but I don't want him to come back

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast