Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    I've heard that Jason Brown still does not have a 3x. Do you think USFSA will keep holding him up if he doesn't get a 3x by nationals? Just sayn.

Sorry for the errors...I am a Victim....of the Bad schools in the US. Teachers Unions....stink...Go Scott Walker.
    Last edited by winterone; 06-08-2012 at 04:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    Iv'e heard that Joason Brown still does not have a 3x. Do you think USFSA will keep holding him up if he doesn't get a 3x by nationals? Just sayn.
    Where are you hearing this from? Someone at his rinks? AJ? Desperate because I'm starving for Jason news.

At any rate, he has landed them in the past - he did a two-footed one at Glacier Falls I think last year - so I believe he will get it. Hopefully he is prepared to consider all options if he's not landing it. I know he thinks Kori is wonderful, but I hope someone has told him that there's nothing wrong with bringing in another coach to fix the 3A.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Iv'e heard that Joason Brown still does not have a 3x. Do you think USFSA will keep holding him up if he doesn't get a 3x by nationals? Just sayn.
    I've heard he spells his name J-A-S-O-N.
    I've also heard that the apostrophe should go between the I and the v.
    I've also heard that it should be spelled "saying," and it's not a synonym for "asking."

Given the four above errors, why should anyone put any credence to anything you're just saying?

Just asking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    I've also heard that it should be spelled "saying," and it's not a synonym for "asking."

Given the four above errors, why should anyone put any credence to anything you're just saying?

Just asking.
    MEEEOWWWW!

vCash

Just asking.

You are awesome.

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash

Just asking.

vCash
    I've heard that Jason Brown still does not have a 3x. Do you think USFSA will keep holding him up if he doesn't get a 3x by nationals? Just sayn.

What do you mean 'holding up'?

If anything he was getting marked down last season because of the lack of 3axel, given how excellent his program construction was and how well he was performing them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

What do you mean 'holding up'?

If anything he was getting marked down last season because of the lack of 3axel, given how excellent his program construction was and how well he was performing them.
    He did get a pretty big boost at Nats, but agreed, the international judges were pretty hard on the lack of 3A. He definitely got the PCS he deserved at JW though, and all his other elements are flawless, so...

However, I would not listen to this person. There seems to be some kind of irrational hatred of Jason going on here. Perhaps jealousy?

vCash
    I would say that Brown's FS was the best choreographed program at US Nationals. Abott's FS was probably close but nobody else was anywhere near.

vCash

Just asking.
    I`ve also heard that FSU was an international forum, where non-English native speakers and writers were welcome. So what do apostrophes and their use have to do with credence in this context?
    Cheering for the headcases

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    LeDuc? The 3A is inconsistent though. I don't think he has found a new partner yet.
    Donnie Baldwin used to have a good 3A. Back when he was skating singles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    I`ve also heard that FSU was an international forum, where non-English native speakers and writers were welcome. So what do apostrophes and their use have to do with credence in this context?
    Well whether somebody is a native speaker or not, it would be nice to see people at least making an effort to communicate clearly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I would say that Brown's FS was the best choreographed program at US Nationals. Abott's FS was probably close but nobody else was anywhere near.
    Content wise I agree. But impact wise Abbott's program ruled Nationals.

vCash

Sorry for the errors...I am a Victim....of the Bad schools in the US. Teachers Unions....stink...Go Scott Walker.
    I think USFS is likely to hold him up LESS if he doesn't get the 3a consistent before Sochi. Without the 3a, he isn't a "threat" to beat out skaters like Rippon, Miner, Dornbush and even Mahbanoozadeh and Razzano (considering their domestic PCS marks...), so there's no reason to hold him back. If he gets the 3a consistent, I doubt he will get so much Nationals inflation, because the USFS doesn't want him competing at Worlds and beating skaters like Abbott, Rippon, Miner, Dornbush et al. before 2014, because they seem to have DECIDED that these are the guys for the 2014 Olympic team, and because Jason is not "established" on the senior level, he will have to wait his turn. Of course, this is all presumption, but I tend to think it's the truth considering they seemingly forced Joshua Farris to stay on the junior circuit another season when he was clearly ready to move up...didn't want to risk the little 17 year old taking GP spots away from/beating the established favorites he's already arguably better than...

vCash
    I hope that Dornbush is able to use the challenges of last season to pull it together and step up this coming season. He's got good technique, an understanding of choreography, and a seemingly solid coaching relationship. Has there been an explanation from Camp Dornbush as to what happened last season?? There's been lots of conjecture, I know, but didn't see any news articles or anything, or even rinkside gossip

Also, hoping that Farris can be a little more consistent. Don't care if he gets the Quad yet. There is time for that. Just consistent enough to climb higher on the US men's ladder and really establish himself nationally and internationally.

Abbott has broken my heart one time too many. I'm investing my interests in the young'uns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Has there been an explanation from Camp Dornbush as to what happened last season??
    I don't know anything about Dornbush's situation last year, but remember that he was competing senior both nationally and internationally for the first time, AND he had the full weight of expectations on him to do well after his 9th place finish at 2011 Worlds. People often seem to underestimate the mental challenges of transitioning to compete successfully at the senior international level. It's not just about having the hardest jumps.

Doug Razzano's latest blog (dated May 31) mentions he's likely to compete at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in Anaheim, CA in early August. Jason Brown and Jonathan Cassar are 2 who have registered for Glacier Falls so far. I think that should be another exciting men's comp. this year!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-10-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I don't know anything about Dornbush's situation last year, but remember that he was competing senior both nationally and internationally for the first time, AND he had the full weight of expectations on him to do well after his 9th place finish at 2011 Worlds. People often seem to underestimate the mental challenges of transitioning to compete successfully at the senior international level. It's not just about having the hardest jumps.

Doug Razzano's latest blog (dated May 31) mentions he's likely to compete at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in Anaheim, CA in early August. Jason Brown and Jonathan Cassar are 2 who have registered for Glacier Falls so far. I think that should be another exciting men's comp. this year!
    Thanks, Sylvia.

Hope Doug gets whatever he needs to help him establish himself among the top in the eyes of the USFSA.

Also curious about Cassar: Does he have plants to 'step-it-up' with a 3x? He does everything else so well thus far. And with good coaching, he might be able to spend time on that.

vCash
    Thanks for the info Sylvia. Personally I think Ricky has the most "something" to be the one. He's too good to be having difficult times. Hope he comes back real strong!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I hope that Dornbush is able to use the challenges of last season to pull it together and step up this coming season. He's got good technique, an understanding of choreography, and a seemingly solid coaching relationship. Has there been an explanation from Camp Dornbush as to what happened last season?? There's been lots of conjecture, I know, but didn't see any news articles or anything, or even rinkside gossip

Also, hoping that Farris can be a little more consistent. Don't care if he gets the Quad yet. There is time for that. Just consistent enough to climb higher on the US men's ladder and really establish himself nationally and internationally.

Abbott has broken my heart one time too many. I'm investing my interests in the young'uns
    ITA on all 3 accounts. Dornbush has the goods he just needs to refind the consistency he had back in the second half of the 2010-2011 season to get to the next level. His technique is solid, he has 3a-3t and 4t, I wish his jumps got a little more height, but that's just a nitpicky thing and it won't hold him back much on it's own.

I hope to Farris perform more FS like the one he delivered at JW, if he can start doing that, in addition to keeping up the SP consistency, the USFS may take him more seriously as a contender for the 4CC or senior World teams this spring. When he skates like he did at JW, he's right on par with the likes of a Rippon or Miner skating well. As for the quad, he's been training one for a few seasons now, so I'd like to see him trying it, not in the SP unless it's really consistent, but once the FS could be a good idea, he might as well where he's staying on the JGP again, it might serve as a way for him to challenge himself. The 4t he tried at Nationals was a pretty good attempt, so unless he's undergone a lot of physical changes in the offseason (I have to wonder if he will ever grow into those long long legs of his...), I think there's a good chance we will see him try it in his FS this season. Does anyone know about how his 4t is going in training? It's hard at that age, boys change a lot physically, so mastering these jumps can be tough, but I agree that it's not a huge deal if he doesn't produce it in competition this season, he's only 17 and his 3a is a beauty so there is still time, esp. considering Miner has never tried a quad in competition and Rippon is still struggling with the 3a, and Brown doesn't have either yet.

As for Jeremy, he's not getting any younger, and as much as I'd hate to see him retire without having ever won a World medal, that might just be how the cookie crumbles for him. I hope to see him in Sochi, but I honestly wouldn't mind if he was sent as the 2nd or 3rd member of the team, I think his time has maybe passed, though he is still lovely to watch.

vCash
    I think some of Ricky's problems this past season was his growth spurt. I read an article about him being 6' 1 but all of his old bio stuff says he's 5' 8, 5' 9, and 5' 11.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast