Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Angel boy is looking less angel-like judging from this picture he tweeted today. https://twitter.com/Adaripp/status/2...644353/photo/1
    Maybe he can pull off Don Draper better than I thought...
    Wow, his abs are just unreal!

vCash
    Figure skaters are fit, no denying. Pulling off Draper's cool and Seibert's choreo will require a lot more than abs, but I'm certain AdaRipp is up to the task -- it's that 3-axel he must truly conquer to excel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New article: Rippon plans to skate like a mad man; Seibert gives skater new direction: 'It's an era, it's a cool guy'

Cross-posting from the Music/Choreographers thread:
    Relevant FS music excerpt:

ETA links to the 2 tracks cited in the article:
    "Life's Incredible Again": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij8Js3hyp60
    "Saving Metroville": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJikHkZ55_s

Sounds very promising and different for him. He's even getting a new look! Hopefully a new fit for his customes as well. The flowy tops with soft colors he usually wears don't make him any favors, very vanilla imo

vCash
    ^^ Of course! He will be looking very debonair and cool, likely in a comfortable for skating version of a 3-piece suit, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Of course! He will be looking very debonair and cool, likely in a comfortable for skating version of a 3-piece suit, eh?
    minimum some man-cleavage!

He needs to show off that incredible bod!!

vCash
    Figure skaters are fit, no denying. Pulling off Draper's cool and Seibert's choreo will require a lot more than abs, but I'm certain AdaRipp is up to the task -- it's that 3-axel he must truly conquer to excel.
    We should be calling him Ripped Abs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Wow, his abs are just unreal!
    His legs too.

Figure skating costumes really hide how fit these athletes are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    Are there any Pairs guys out there with a 3x, 3 lz and triple triple combos ?
    LeDuc? The 3A is inconsistent though. I don't think he has found a new partner yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    LeDuc? The 3A is inconsistent though. I don't think he has found a new partner yet.
    Yeah, Leduc is one answer to winterone's question of "Are there any Pairs guys out there with a 3x, 3 lz and triple triple combos ?".

And Skittl1231, you're are correct: he has not found a new partner yet, as of last week.

He's currently working on his Senior (singles) Free Skate to test this summer. He hadn't tested it following his last competitive singles season... which was at the Junior level a few years ago.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks for the LeDuc update, Rochelle. I've cross-posted it in the U.S. Pairs news thread.

The Senior men registered so far for the Liberty Summer Competition in mid-July are:
    Ross Miner (believe he will only compete 1 program?), Keegan Messing, Max Aaron, Harrison Choate, Timothy Koleto, Emmanuel Savary, and Paul Parkinson (ITA). Wesley Campbell has stated publicly that he is planning to compete as well.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    He's currently working on his Senior (singles) Free Skate to test this summer. He hadn't tested it following his last competitive singles season... which was at the Junior level a few years ago.
    Ooh! I wonder if he'll go back to competing singles. Last I talked to him it was "no way"- but comments like that can change pretty quickly. He might just want the test though.

vCash
    I don't mean to sound superficial, but what will he do with his hair? Don Draper and Raphaelite curls do not mix!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I guess you haven't yet clicked on the 2 Twitter photo links posted earlier in this thread, Yazmeen? (hint: ponytail)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Tim is taking his Senior Free test in the Quad Cities on June 8.

vCash
    A lot of people have been asking, so just to let you all know, Keegan is only competing at Liberty and Glacier Falls this summer. No Skate Detroit.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The Senior men registered so far for the Liberty Summer Competition in mid-July are:
    Ross Miner (believe he will only compete 1 program?), Keegan Messing, Max Aaron, Harrison Choate, Timothy Koleto, Emmanuel Savary, and Paul Parkinson (ITA).
    Also registered now: Brandon Mroz, Wesley Campbell, Timothy LeDuc (SP only), and Luiz Manella (BRA).

ETA: It looks like Stephen Carriere plans to start his season at the Lake Placid FS comp. the last weekend in June.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Article about Ross Miner's new programs and choreographers: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    He has been working with choreographer Tom Dickson on a new free skate set to music from the Errol Flynn movie Captain Blood, scored by Erich Korngold.

Dickson said he was looking for images from Hollywood's golden age for Miner.

"I wanted him to come across more romantic, like Errol Flynn," Dickson said. "There's also a striking resemblance between the two of them. I wanted the silver-screen idol image."

Dickson's wife, Catarina Lindgren, is choreographing Miner's new short program to Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini."
    Staying with stage and screen for Miner's short program, Lindgren says she wants Miner to portray the character of an illusionist.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    Oh I didn't realise that Catarina Lindgren was Tom Dickson's wife.

vCash
    Looking forward to new programs (and choreographers) from Ross .

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh I didn't realise that Catarina Lindgren was Tom Dickson's wife.
    Yeah, I learned that from Manleywoman's podcast. Tom said something like how she draws the costumes he has in mind for his skaters since he cannot draw at all.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast