vCash

Time to tell about yourself on and off the Ice.

Say,I thought it might be fun today to tell each other about ourselves...on and off the Ice. Please use the following Format. I'll start....

On-Ice = I think of myself as just that..and call myself....On-Ice-Skater. I also think of myself as a Natual!!

Off-Ice = LOL,I do Off-Ice-Training. I also love to read and go on my computer. I am also a very active (I'm an Adult,but I call myself a) kid. I go to a Respite Group.

I guess at this point there's not much more to say,unless I think of something. Ok my Friends...your turn!!!

vCash
    Um, on ice, i skate...

Off ice, I go to work (i work in photography, styling and PR), hang out with friends (usually with a bottle of wine) and watch a couple of tv shows (gossip girl, make it or break it, mad men.)

vCash
    On ice...I skate, I work hard, and I would never consider myself a "natural" because to think that way is very cocky and arrogant imo. You can be natural all you like, but no-one gets anywhere in this sport without hard work.

Off ice...I work part-time at a hardware store while desperately looking for a real job and writing little articles for a local rag.

vCash
    On ice I am a dancer. I do synchro as well and stroking classes on my own but I will always be a dancer.

Off ice I am a stay at home mom. I love to bake goodies and cakes and I think I have a bit of talent in decorating them so I guess I am an amateur baker as well.

vCash
    On the ice, I skate LOL. I'm now a 2x adult champ in the intermediate/novice championship event. Looking to do senior next year......if my double axel ever comes back, but I haven't worked back on them yet I am a former skater of 10 years, and quit in late 2001. At the time I had a double axel, and could do a triple salchow and loop. I returned to skating in late 2009, and have only trained myself back to all doubles except the axel. Time to up the ante

Off the ice I am a CFO of a high-end corporation.

No, I don't get much sleep

vCash
    On the ice I'm skating... I'm a freeskater but also ice dancer and synchro skater. I've been skating for almost 7 years, and landing all my doubles except double axel. I'm competing Intermediate level, working on Novice moves, working on my last Pre-silver and Silver ice dances.

Off-ice I'm just finishing up my first year of high school, 9th grade. I'm in all advanced classes if possible (Honors classes or a year ahead or both). I have a lot of friends but I'm not "popular", as in I don't have much of a social life except during school. I run for endurance/stamina training and I stretch (mostly) every day. I'm not flexible but I'm working on it. I'm excited for this summer when I can skate nearly every day and not worry about homework and school drama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julianaqtpi View Post
    On the ice I'm skating... I'm a freeskater but also ice dancer and synchro skater. I've been skating for almost 7 years, and landing all my doubles except double axel. I'm competing Intermediate level, working on Novice moves, working on my last Pre-silver and Silver ice dances.

Off-ice I'm just finishing up my first year of high school, 9th grade. I'm in all advanced classes if possible (Honors classes or a year ahead or both). I have a lot of friends but I'm not "popular", as in I don't have much of a social life except during school. I run for endurance/stamina training and I stretch (mostly) every day. I'm not flexible but I'm working on it. I'm excited for this summer when I can skate nearly every day and not worry about homework and school drama.
    Gosh!!!! It sounds like you are a really hard working Skater Juli!!!! I really envy you!!! As I've always wondered what it would be like to have a life like yours.

vCash

Me!

On Ice - I'm an adult beginner (even after two years of skating. Hard to get time to be on the ice.)

Off Ice - I'm a writer, work in a bookstore, mom to three very active kids (the reason I don't get my own time to be on the ice. :-) ) My eldest is an Intermediate level skater. Middle kiddo wants nothing to do with skating and is our soccer/clarinet/theater/Girl Scout Renaissance girl. Youngest is 5 and is proud to have just "mastered" the snowplow stop. :-D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Gosh!!!! It sounds like you are a really hard working Skater Juli!!!! I really envy you!!! As I've always wondered what it would be like to have a life like yours.
    Juliana please, not Juli.... Yeah, it's sort of hard, but I don't get tons of homework most days, and I only skate 8-10 hrs per week in the school year, so not awful. Two of my friends are gymnasts and they have practice every day for like 4 hours, and pretty much all day on Saturdays, and they're both better students than me! My best friend is a dancer, and she dances like 25 hours per week, and she's in the same classes I am, and really smart! Skating/gymnastics/dance really teaches good time management, like doing homework in class and during a 5 minute break and everything. It's great on days where I have no homework except studying, because I don't really study, and no skating practice, because I get to slow down and catch up with life, like today. Final exams today and tomorrow, so yesterday and today both I have no homework except studying, and last day of school tomorrow! Then I can skate all day, haha! As for skating, I started when I was 8, so I'm lucky enough that I'm sort of naturally talented and landed all of my double jumps within a year and a half of landing my axel, so that really sped up my skating, I'm competing against friends who started two years before I did! I'm testing my European Waltz, my last pre-silver dance, next Saturday, a week and a half from now. Eeek! Good luck with all your skating!