Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It's no longer available due to a copyright claim.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Meryl won, I hear.

Did you see it? What was involved.
    Meryl provoked Charlie before the battle by giving some jabs and all, and she even did a move like a seal (the one you lie down on the ice and wave the whole body up and down). She won with a biggest margin, like, ever.

Oh, and the winner is picked by Jeffrey Buttle, the host of the battle, after he hears applause by the crowd for each contestant. For the match of Meryl .v.s. Charlie, almost all of the audience took side for Meryl, and it went so quiet when they asked applause for Charlie that Jeffrey laughed hard to squat down. Poor Charlie, but if you see the battle the result was just right.

Sunday night match was Mirai v.s. Alex. Both did stripping some layers of their clothes. Mirai threw away like 2 layers of tops and Alex did about 3 tops plus a pair of pants. While Mirai was dancing pretty good Alex's moves were flashier and voidier, and he won.

My words don't really convey how much fun it was. Hope the whole battle will get on broadcast sometime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Meryl provoked Charlie before the battle by giving some jabs and all, and she even did a move like a seal (the one you lie down on the ice and wave the whole body up and down). She won with a biggest margin, like, ever.

Oh, and the winner is picked by Jeffrey Buttle, the host of the battle, after he hears applause by the crowd for each contestant. For the match of Meryl .v.s. Charlie, almost all of the audience took side for Meryl, and it went so quiet when they asked applause for Charlie that Jeffrey laughed hard to squat down. Poor Charlie, but if you see the battle the result was just right.

Sunday night match was Mirai v.s. Alex. Both did stripping some layers of their clothes. Mirai threw away like 2 layers of tops and Alex did about 3 tops plus a pair of pants. While Mirai was dancing pretty good Alex's moves were flashier and voidier, and he won.

My words don't really convey how much fun it was. Hope the whole battle will get on broadcast sometime soon.
    Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'm hoping it makes it to youtube.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    It's no longer available due to a copyright claim.
    DAMMIT... wasnt fast enough... sigh

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post

Thank you so much for the report! It is much appreciated. The shows in Japan especially always seem like so much fun.

vCash

vCash
    thanks for the new clip roma

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roma View Post
    I can tell I'm really going to love Mao's new Mary Poppins Ex. She looked like she was having a blast out there!

vCash
    I found some pictures here
    http://mainichi.jp/graph/2012/07/25/...6000c/102.html
    Murakami and Fernandez just

vCash
    Here's an article:
    Mao Asada to support Fukushima victims
    http://fskating.com/2012/07/mao-asad...a-victims.html

It's the 29th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland this year and they have "Mary Poppins Minnie Mouse" and some more special goods. Sooo Cute
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/blog/120411/

I found Mary Poppins dancing in TDL Easter Parade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iud...Meirdg#t=6m51s

Did you see many Mary Poppins fell from the sky during the openeng ceremony of London Olympics? That was so funny.

Sunday is the last day of the tour and the show's going to be broadcasted. Cannot wait to see Mao Poppins!!
    Last edited by rosewood; 07-28-2012 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Here's an article:
    Mao Asada to support Fukushima victims
    http://fskating.com/2012/07/mao-asad...a-victims.html

It's the 29th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland this year and they have "Marry Poppins Minnie Mouse" and some more special goods. Sooo Cute
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/blog/120411/

I found Marry Poppins dancing in TDL Easter Parade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iud...Meirdg#t=6m51s

Did you see many Marry Poppins fell from the sky during the openeng ceremony of London Olympics? That was so funny.

Sunday is the last day of the tour and the show's going to be broadcasted. Cannot wait to see Mao Poppins!!

thaanks for all the links rosewood i also can't wait to see Mao Mary poppins ex, I really hope the whole show will be available soon!

vCash
    I went to the show with my friend in the evening of Saturday, July 28. It was her first time to watch an ice show, so I was worried if she would enjoy. Well, there were no need, we had a lot of fun!

I will try to write a report, please forgive me for any mistakes as I am only a casual fan. I just want to share my excitement.

This year’s The ICE theme was “Dance, dance, dance.”
    Opening:
    As there were the same number of women and men skaters in the cast (8 each), they all paired up and skated to a samba music. It was a fun, sexy, and energetic group number. I think Mao was paired with Charlie. My friend thinks Mura stands out in the group, and she could not stop spotting him.

1st half
    Eriko Yamakuma
    It is always nice to see that a younger skater gets a chance to skate in front of a big crowd, especially in Osaka area where there are not much shows compare to Tokyo or Nagoya area. She was lovely to watch and pretty in blue.

Takahito Mura
    He skated to this year’s new SP. His skating is very powerful. There were a couple of jump mistakes (quad and triple axel jump attempt), but it was still nice.

Maia and Alex Shibutani
    Maia in a purple dress. Some Latin music. I recognized “the girl from Ipanema”, but not the entire song. Their skating was much nicer than I expected it would be. And, Maia looked more mature than I thought. Their skating was fast and crisp.

Adelina Sotnikova
    Black leotard and red scalf around her waist. Piano music, oh, it is Bolero. She skated to her last year’s SP. It was mesmerizing. My friend and I had no words during her performance. Her every position was so beautiful and perfect, it was like watching a real ballet dancer. Standing ovation. Her skating was one of the highlights of the show for me.

Javier Fernandes
    Last year’s SP. I think he attempted a quad, but was underrotated. He also made a mistake with a triple axel. I was happy to see him skate live for the first time.
    After he finished his SP, Kanako came out and they skated to a short number together.

Mirai Nagasu
    Skated to this year’s SP. She was wearing a purple costume. Her spiral and spins were nice. She looked a little bit tired towards the end.

Yuzuru Hanyu
    Skated to this year’s SP. He made a quad, some difficult entry into a triple axel, and a triple from steps. It was a perfect performance. Standing ovation. His costume was a simple costume and not Johnny Weir look alike costume. (Don’t get me wrong, I love Johnny Weir. He is one of the reasons why I started watching figure skating.)
    His posture is not the best among other skaters, but it did not bother me much. My friend likes Yuzuru and I am glad he did not skate to his show number, but his SP. She liked the Sotnikova’s and Yuzuru’s performances the best in the 1st half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanksmate View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    Skated to this year’s SP. He made a quad, some difficult entry into a triple axel, and a triple from steps. It was a perfect performance. Standing ovation. His costume was a simple costume and not Johnny Weir look alike costume. (Don’t get me wrong, I love Johnny Weir. He is one of the reasons why I started watching figure skating.)
    His posture is not the best among other skaters, but it did not bother me much. My friend likes Yuzuru and I am glad he did not skate to his show number, but his SP. She liked the Sotnikova’s and Yuzuru’s performances the best in the 1st half.
    thanks. i wonder, will it be showed on TV?
    i would actually prefer if he reminded Weir instead of Buttle this year. russian artistry fits him much more. i hope his fs has strong music and not blues, like, uhm, Stravinskij?

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Loved the Mary Poppins video, review, pics and links. Thanks for sharing!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    thanks. i wonder, will it be showed on TV?
    i would actually prefer if he reminded Weir instead of Buttle this year. russian artistry fits him much more. i hope his fs has strong music and not blues, like, uhm, Stravinskij?
    At the end of the show, I believe they said that the show will be aired in a couple of channels (satellite TV), but I am not very sure if it is the show I watched will be aired.

I agree with you about the music and skating style for Yuzuru. I prefer him with Russian artistry, too. I am just not a big fan of Weir designed costume for Yuzuru.
    I had not been following the news, so I did not know his SP music until Saturday. It was obvious he was skating his SP because of the contents of the program, and I was not really excited about the idea of listening to this music for Yuzu to skate the whole season. However, the program was nice, and I may grow to love it as the season goes. I did not know what to think about the Romeo and Juliet program at the last year's The ICE, and I became to love it very much by the GPF.

vCash
    I cannot read my own handwriting, but I believe the ladies group number was performed at the end of the 1st half.

Ladies group number
    All the skaters were beautiful to watch and it was difficult to decide which one to watch. Mai looked stunning, and cute together with Mao.

Dance Lesson Video was showed while they set up for a talk session. We tried to learn the moves, but it takes up a lot of space and we tried not to hit each other.

Talk session
    Mai was the moderator and Mao, Alena and Adelina were interviewed. They talked about the impression of the show. Adelina was saying something like it was her first big show to participate.

They all lost in the dance battle against Narumi in the earlier show Saturday. They all talked about how they like dancing.

Mao talked about her training in Russia. She said in Russia, she just went back and forth between hotel and ice rink, but she visited the Red square in her free time. She liked Russian food “Grechka (?)”. In Japan, we make noodle from buckwheat, but they cook buckwheat in rice cooker and she liked it. Alena and Adelina said they like Sushi.

Mao was asked of her impression of Adelina when she met her for the first time in Russia (2 years ago?). Mao said she was really impressed and was taken her breath away. She also thought Adelina would be able to compete really well when she moves to senior. Alena and Adelina both said Mao is friendly. Alena praised Mao’s triple axel, and Adelina said Mao is her figure skating idol. Mao said she is always inspired by (the?) Russian skaters. She said "let's work hard together to make the Olympic team and compete in Sochi."
    Last edited by Thanksmate; 07-29-2012 at 05:09 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for the report, Thanksmate! Can't wait to read your report of the second half of the show.

I found that Yuka Sato choreographed the girls number, while Mai worked with it as an producer, with some thoughts for Asada sister's mother. Yuka said their mother loved The Ice shows so much and was always thankful for the people working with the wonderful shows. And also Yuka feel that their mother in heaven enjoys The Ice 2012 tour.

Some reports I read say that the girls group number is very graceful and also make people get some sentimental feelings. With reading Yuka's words I understood why people say they watched it with their eyes filled with tears. Thank you Yuka for choreographing such a moving program!

Here's the official twitter account of The Ice 2012 tour.
    http://twitter.com/ctveventkawa

TV program of The Ice 2012 tour is anounced to be on air on July 29th in some local area in Japan. So I can't wait to see it on youtube I heard the pair program of Mao and Jeffry is so gorgeous and their skating skills are excellent. So I love to watch it and the boys group number choreographed by Jeffrey, too!!
    Last edited by rosewood; 07-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.

vCash
    Some off ice photos (sorry if they've already been posted)

http://web.stagram.com/p/244664431794089444_145264250
    Their postures are too good to tell if they're floating or jumping.

They're showing off their athlete skills here and there
    http://web.stagram.com/p/242975204253527192_145264250
    http://web.stagram.com/p/241718683980951509_145264250
    http://web.stagram.com/p/242976224728300471_173894845

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast