Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I'm starting to realize more and more that an Olympic Gold doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of Figure Skating. Legends will always be legends even without World or Olympic medals, and boring, uninspiring skaters can win all the golds in the world, they'll still be forgotten.

I hope I can remember this in 2014 and not stress myself too much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Now this is a true sin!! FORTY minutes with Andrew Poje and you didn't try a single ??? You ought to be ashamed of yourself, pingu.
    I have a lot of self control
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    this is not self control, you must have been under drugs. I can guarantee you there's no way to take one's eyes off of Andrew. Kaitlyn must be very good at this
    CaroFan™

vCash
    alchemy void-you have found another Viktoria Helgesson uber. I love the girl
    VarBar I too have a soft spot for Rachael Flatt.
    I got so stressed watching the World's this year I broke out in rash !.
    Steven Cousins 1995 Free is the best choreography EVER !.
    Robins Cousins is VERY bitchy about skaters he does not like.......Meow.
    Is it wrong to watch a skating program over a hundred times?. I have done this with many including Kwan's 00' World FS & Sale/Pelletiers 02' Olympic FS.

vCash
    I don't find Andrew Poje all that attractive.

(Though I'll admit I haven't met him in person)

vCash
    Sins???/

I dislike Michelle Kwan and Virtue&Moir.
    Jeff Buttle & Lambiel are very boring.
    I like Chan's creepy eyes!
    Yagudin & Plushenko are overrated skaters, especially Yagudin, Sasha Abt was a better skater and way, way more artistic. Oh and more HANDSOME! By the way, sashawuzroobed!

And the biggest sin.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    this is not self control, you must have been under drugs. I can guarantee you there's no way to take one's eyes off of Andrew. Kaitlyn must be very good at this
    Is she?

vCash
    - I dont' like Chan
    - I never understood the infatuation towards Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Is she?
    at least while skating
    CaroFan™

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    at least while skating
    True. Although they did pick programs last year that gave her a lot of excuses....

vCash
    I got out of the stock market back in 2009.
    Now I am in corporate and munucipal bonds.

vCash
    I don't get the gushing over Daisuke. Sometimes he is so OTT. Plus some of his technical elemets are very average (spins, tiny scratchy jumps).

Joubert super hot? Really????

I don't think Yuna's 'artistic' side is that great. Her interpretation and musicality is lacking.

Many of Wilson's choreographed pieces are not that great.

I disliked Lambiel's 2010 olympic programs.. Such a disappointment!

vCash
    I don't understand what's so special about Kwan.

Leonova's make up, costume and choreo are simply a copy of Miki (not her fault though). Miki look alike but just not as good as her.

Mervin Tran is super sexy (his abs!). Lucky Amelie Lacoste !

I like Abott. I also like Verner !

I confess that even after watching FS for so many years, I still don't know how a jump layout should be (how many time you can repeat the same jumps, about he zayack rule...) .

vCash
    I don't always wash my hands after using the restroom.

vCash
    I don't think Yuka Sato / Jason Dungjen and Brian Orser are good technical coaches.

I never got Miki Ando.
    Miki Ando=Two-time World Champion???
    I still can't accept this fact.

I really hate both flutz and lip. It's just a fake jump.

Akiko's LP dress (last season) remined me a lot of Yuna's 2010 LP dress.

I think Joubert is HOT!!!

I really really loved Takahashi's 2010 LP.

Mao is a talented skater, but just overrated.
    Except for her 3axel, she is just average.

I prefer V/T over D/W.

I don't think Adelina Sotnikova will ever be a Olympic or World champion.
    She is vastly overrated.

I never liked Jeffrey Buttle.

I think Chan is a great skater, but his programs are not that good.

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva is talented.
    BTW, "Queen Tuk"????
    Oh, come on...

vCash
    It's so difficult to form such strict opinions, especially negative ones, when someone is like me - always trying to be objective about everyone.

But one thing I know for sure: I dislike it when other people are so categorical and so quick to form strict opinions, like that someone is boring and/or not artistic enough (and other opinions), when they haven't even seen most of that skater's programs, have seen only their competitive programs, or when the last program that they saw was a couple (or even more) years ago. Oh, I also dislike when people are not even willing to try to see something good in their favourite's rivals, or even simply in those who are not their favourites.

That said - I like both Virtue/Moir and Davis/White, Daisuke Takahashi and Patrick Chan, Evgeny Plushenko and Alexei Yagudin, and so on.

And Virtue and Moir are not boring - they make even generic into something interesting and unique by doing it so well. And neither are Davis and White boring, or lucking in expression, and they're certainly not like automats (that's what Zhulin said, and I can't agree with him at all, no matter how much I still like his skating with Usova).

And Chan is not boring either, even though I like Takahashi more.

Both Yagudin and Plushenko are neither as great as some of their greatest fans make them out to be, nor as bad as their haters (or, rather, dislikers) would want them to be.

Finally, almost all of the great skaters are a bit overrated - well, probably expect Torvill/Dean, Gordeeva/Grinkov and a few others.

Maybe I'll write more later. Or not.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 05-15-2012 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    I hate Plushenko and my dad only knows him by his nickname "Big Nose", which my sister and I named him after watching the 2002 Olympics. (Hey, I was only 5... And he does have a big nose...).

I dislike Johnny Weir and his personality but recognize and applaud his talent and artistic ability. I also think it's great that he doesn't care what other people think about him.

I love love LOVE Evan Lysacek. Omg asdkfjads. I'm hoping he'll compete at Nationals 2013 just so I can meet him.

I let my friends think that because I skate that means I have a good chance at going to the Olympics, when really I have about as much chance as a bumblebee has of digging a hole to China.

I think Charlie White is so cute.

I can't stand Tessa and Scott. They're great skaters and all, but I don't like their skating. I especially hate Scott for his bad sportsmanship and whining when they don't get first.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    My confessions....

- Skaters' butts are the last thing I care about or check out when watching skating, and all of the admiration and comments about them become really annoying after a while.

- If a skater's body is noticeably out of proportion (length of the torso, arms and legs, and neck (or lack thereof), it affects my ability to enjoy their skating (I realize it's something they have no control over, but it has an impact on their skating/lines/etc.)

- Part of me wishes that once a skater or team has one both a WC and a OGM, they should not be allowed to compete in the next Olympic Games. The other part wants to see a skater/team dominate over an 8 year-period if they are able.

- I don't find voidy/WTF programs to be deserving of a higher mark than those that are more mainstream/classic (provided it's skated well).

- I never understood the worship of Grishuk/Platov or Anissina/Peizerat as their skating and programs were IMO vastly overrated.

- I've never found Smirnov to be remotely attractive in any way, and he and Kavaguti are one of the oddest looking couples in Pairs skating I've ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    I don't always wash my hands after using the restroom.
    Shame on you!

vCash
    How have I missed this thread?! It reminds me of my Say Whatever You Want threads from a few years back

- I miss Surya Bonly. I don't care what anyone says about her "skillz" - she was amaze

- I liked Tuk's SP dress, no matter how inappropriate everyone said it was

- On that, I also liked Sot's unitard thing. It was a lil...voidy.

- Tights over boots make me cry

- Ice dance is also making me cry at the moment. I have no feelings on V/M and D/W and P/B's FD really disappointed me - considering they're (potentially) so voidy, this year's choice was a bit... lazy. IMO.

- I wasn't as in love with Dai's FD as much as I thought I would be. I think he's sloppy and OTT. I'll always have a soft spot for him though.

- I'll never "get" Carolina Kostner, but it's always nice to see an athlete overcome their demons, and achieve at an older age - I think the wait/struggle make it all the more special.

- I thought S/S's Pina was a bit overrated, but I love how original they are regardless.

- I'm not as impressed by Gracie Gold as I feel I ought to be. I'm still excited for the ladies over the next few years though.

- I'm not really a Weaver/Poje fan, but am more than read to be converted. If that makes any sense.

- I always preferred Butyrskaya to Slutskaya

- I don't know if I enjoy Hanyu's skating AT ALL ... :

- I miss Rahkamo/Kokko. And Drobiazko/Vanagas.

- I think Lu Chen was a better skater than Michelle Kwan

- I really like Elena Glebova.

- I agree with those who say Johnny wasted his talent. I wonder if he ever really appreciated what he had.

- Mao had FAR more interesting programmes than Yu-Na in Vancouver - though alot fo people hated it, I always loved "Bells".

- TAT is an instituiton.

- I am ready and waiting for the Morozov-Amodio sextape
    Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 05-16-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast