Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If I really like a skater/a couple, I easily become an "uber".

I didn't understand and didn't like the whole going back to amateur skating by skaters who already had become pros then in 1994.

I never joined in the hype for Plushy. Admire his skating, though.

vCash
    Am a big Oda fan.
    Am not and will never be a Kozuka fan.
    Dislike Hanyu's skating.
    Think Jeremy Abbott is melodramatic instead of artistic.
    Florent Amodio fan and love his LP this year.
    Gachinsky=hot. Fernandez=not so much.
    Would date N. Morozov.
    Thus does not have a problem with Ilinykh and Morozov dating if they are.
    Think Elena Ilinykh is the hottest skater currently competing and deserves bonus points for just being hot.
    Find Carolina Kostner boring.
    Much prefer dance now than dance before COP.
    And the biggest one: still think Mao Asada should have won Vancouver.

vCash
    my sins, let's see..I always liked Carolina, which actually was a sin in this board until some time ago
    and I never liked Kim Yu-Na, for as much as I tried
    CaroFan™

vCash
    I hope Lysacek is serious about returning to competition.
    Don't understand the Buttle gushing.
    Never had a problem with Zoueva/Shpillband's choreographies.
    Never cared much for Browning in his competitive days but fell hopelessly in love with his skating as a pro.
    I think Patrick Chan is a brilliant skater.
    Love both Yuna and Mao.
    I have a soft spot for Rachael Flatt.
    I have a soft spot for John Coughlin.
    I am still in denial about Michelle failing to win gold in Salt Lake City.
    I prefer Hanyu's skating to Takahashi's skating.
    I prefer Gachinski to Plushenko.
    I think Amodio is a talented skater but his current style drives me crazy.
    I wish Shen/Zhao had won the Olympic gold in 2006 and Savchenko/Szolkowy had won in Vancouver.

vCash
    I love Plushy unashamedly and hope he skates for the next 40 years... but if he doesn't I'll settle for Dai ......obviously, my opinion of Chan is.....

I hate ladies singles and esp girls with short legs who wear those horrid skin colored tights pulled down over their boots, thinking it makes them as tall as Kostner..

Kurt Browning's tearful apology to Canada after losing the olys made me choke up and admire him for really being just a "good guy"

T&D's version of the Rhumba in '94 Olys was the greatest ice dance of all time.

Queen Tuk's polka dot shorts outfit at the recent Rimini Champions on Ice show is the world's ugliest skating costume....
    Last edited by ItalianFan; 05-14-2012 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    I think the 2014 Olympic podium will consist of Gracie and most likely two of the young Russian skaters and that would make me very happy, but would also be very happy if the podium consist of Gracie, Ashley and one of the Russian skaters.

I'm really sick of the current top senior girls in the World (except for Ashley and Lenova) and wish they would all retire by the 2014 Olympics along with Alissa, and Mira & Gao.

I like Rachael.

I think Carolina is really overrated along with Alissa, Chan & V&M.

Alissa's constant smiling when she makes mistakes is so annoying!!

V/M are so unbelievably boring!!!

I hate hate hate ballroom type dances they are so boring!!!!!

I love Daisuke I think he is the best male skater ever!!!!

I don't think the Japanese girls skating is that interesting though, except for Mao's 2010 Olympic free skate performance.

This thread is a great idea!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyjosie View Post
    I didn't understand and didn't like the whole going back to amateur skating by skaters who already had become pros then in 1994.
    The judges didn't like it either, if the results are any indication.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    my sins, let's see..I always liked Carolina, which actually was a sin in this board until some time ago
    and I never liked Kim Yu-Na, for as much as I tried
    Are you sure those are your only sins?

My sins:
    1: I like to talk at competitions. A lot. I usually try to sit in high seats in a corner (were usually the skaters sit). If I'm sitting in a crowded section I won't talk a lot, but if I'm sitting in an empty area next to a friend of mine then we just talk the whole time
    2: I find ice dance under the old system VERY boring. I mean, I like to watch the programs of the champions, but it's very difficult for me to watch more two 6.0 programs in a row.
    3: I was able to interview Andrew Poje for 40 minutes without or
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    I have never liked yuna kim and always thought she was vastly overrated!

I liked Patrick Chan a lot in 2007-8 (a big sin for me...never said it before) but he shortly fell flat and really cannot understand his scores most of the times;

Never got the hype about Michelle Kwan...she says nothing to me;

I have a crush on Jason Dungjen (how do you spell it???)

I hate everything about Johnny Weir and hope he doesn't return next year

I really want Plushenko back next year even if I wil root for Daisuke at the olympics

I think Mao Asada best long was the one she used at the Olympics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Are you sure those are your only sins?

My sins:
    1: I like to talk at competitions. A lot. I usually try to sit in high seats in a corner (were usually the skaters sit). If I'm sitting in a crowded section I won't talk a lot, but if I'm sitting in an empty area next to a friend of mine then we just talk the whole time
    2: I find ice dance under the old system VERY boring. I mean, I like to watch the programs of the champions, but it's very difficult for me to watch more two 6.0 programs in a row.
    1. I should confess the same sin then
    3. this is not a sin, this is a Virtue and yes, I am a sinner
    CaroFan™

vCash
    My sins...HMMM...here are a few:

1) I like watching programs that have 10,000 music cuts...and I (usually) LOVE them even more if the music cuts make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

2) I enjoy watching (certain) programs where skaters epically SPLAT all over the ice...see both of Nicole Bobek's programs at the 1996 Centennial on Ice as an example.

3) I have no shame about talking s**t about Plushenko, nor for wishing him for spectacular failure every time he takes the ice.

4) Oh, one more! I not-so-secretly hope that Nikolai Morozov and Florent Amodio really are an item (or least consenting f**kbuddies), and I hope that, umm, a "video" of the two comes out in the near future.

More later!
    Last edited by satchelpooch318; 05-14-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added one more sin

vCash
    My biggest sin (so I'm told):

I always respected Michelle Kwan as a competitor, but never liked her as a persona.

(For obvious reasons, I haven't spoken about that on this board for ages--I prefer not to get lynched! ...Anyway, now that she's an adult and more or less out of the picture, I really don't have anything against her anymore.)

vCash
    I don't understand the hate surrounding Morozov (although his choreography is outdated). What exactly happened between him and Miki? Where is this photo of Miki on his balcony?

I thought Emily Hughes was a great skater (and still do!). What is she doing these days? She graduated just a semester ago.

I thought Sasha should have been on the podium at Salt Lake.

I never understood the hype surrounding Michelle. Her technical elements were all very average for me and her artistry was pretty much nonexistent for me.

I never thought that Rachael Flatt was boring.

I never saw why people think Surya's skating skills suck. Some of her jump entries were odd, but I never saw anything weird with her skating skills.

Yuna is over-rated.

I don't think Ilia has textbook jumps.

vCash
    I find calling female skaters "Queen" stupid. I understand how Kwan got the name, and am even somewhat accepting of Yu Na getting it, but stop slapping the term on the front of your favorite skater! It's not even original anymore! Two other people got the moniker! Give it up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Now this is a true sin!! FORTY minutes with Andrew Poje and you didn't try a single ??? You ought to be ashamed of yourself, pingu.

vCash
    Ew Ew Ew....I didn't know Morozov had so many fangurls !!

You all must be twilight fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Ew Ew Ew....I didn't know Morozov had so many fangurls !!

You all must be twilight fans.
    I, for one, am definitely NOT a fangirl of Morozov. The man is disgusting and slimy!

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    Love seeing all the Butyrskaya fans here. Although I'm damn proud of the fact and would never feel to classify it as a sin. I'm not sure what it is about her skating, but she was always so captivating, flaws and all.

Confession: I always try to work her into unrelated threads as much as possible.

Navka's Pink Panther/Austin Powers effing rocks. Definitely one of my all time favorite FDs.

I too LURRRRVED Asada's Bells of Moscow. It kicked ass. I wanted her to win the Olympics so much more. Conversely, now I find her skating weak, slow, tepid, and boring. I hope she can capture some of her former glory.

I will gladly be Morozov's fan girl anytime he wants it (yeah, I'm a dude). I wish he was caressing me in the kiss & cry.

And a couple more actual sins....(its a diverse list)

Everyone seems to love "Uncle Dick" but I think he's an ass, especially after crucifying poor Liashenko in Turino. Well, that's really the only reason why. Don't feck with my love for Freaking.

Suguri's attempts at a slutty LP last year was incredible and I'm the only person who wishes she wouldn't retire so she could compete at Finlandia and Zagreb for the next ten years!

I'm Viktoria Helgesson's only uber (outside of Sweden, at least).

I'd like to have a one night stand with Lysacek....ermmm...Ill spare all the details. But I'd never want to see him again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelpooch318 View Post
    My sins...HMMM...here are a few:

1) I like watching programs that have 10,000 music cuts...and I (usually) LOVE them even more if the music cuts make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

2) I enjoy watching (certain) programs where skaters epically SPLAT all over the ice...see both of Nicole Bobek's programs at the 1996 Centennial on Ice as an example.

3) I have no shame about talking s**t about Plushenko, nor for wishing him for spectacular failure every time he takes the ice.

4) Oh, one more! I not-so-secretly hope that Nikolai Morozov and Florent Amodio really are an item (or least consenting f**kbuddies), and I hope that, umm, a "video" of the two comes out in the near future.

More later!
    Your #4 is so HOT!! Show us!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    A confession concerning me and my browser: I can't follow the link to an actual video.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast