Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I love everything about Michal Brezina, especially his weird vests.

vCash
    Takahashi, Davis/White, Buttle, Shibs, and Weir are/were all very overrated. I will never get the Takahashi gushing on here.
    I regret that Zhang/Zhang never won a world title, and that Pang/Tong won two.
    Leonova makes me cringe, and Sotnikova will not be the Wonder-Baby she was predicted to be. I would prefer for Tuktamisheva or Kostner to be the next Olympic Champion.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Alena Leonova rocked the free program at Worlds in 2011. I thought she should have won.

Everything about Marina Kiellmann's technique, music, costuming and packaging is campy and hysterical. For those reasons alone, I love her.

Claudia Leistner and Manuela Ruben looked like 45 year old housewifes when they skated.

Elaine Zayak should have won in Sarejevo.

I never got Sumners' artistry as an eligible. She was a fabulous professional skater, however.

Mark Mitchell should have won Nationals in Orlando in 1992.

Nancy Kerrigan was stiff and dull.

Josee Chouinard's battles with nerves made me want to strangle her. She should have won gold in Lillehammer with those programs.

Tanya Bingert was underrated. She was podium material but never made a world team.

vCash
    I really hate all the arm flailing and twisting body gyrations that seem to be in vogue in skating right now. I still prefer pure classical line, edging and simplistic economy of movement in skating.

I have never gotten over Oksana Baiul's win over Nancy Kerrigan at the 92 olympics. I still think the judging panel was rigged.

Similarly I strongly feel that Sale & Peltier were the decisive winners in SLC.

I used to never think Nicole Bobek was a bad girl back in the day and was a big fan.

I would have given the world gold to Lu Chen over Michelle Kwan at 1996 Worlds.

I HATE male skaters wearing gloves. The ISU should ban them from men's costumes.

I liked pro skating competitions and shows better than eligible competition and really miss that part of skating. I really despise the ISU for killing it off.

I am super bummed that skating is not really popular in the US anymore. I am jealous of whatever system the Russian federation has to nurture all the young talent they have coming up.

I used to be a Johnny Weir fan but I think he has become a total diva and did not train his talent to where it could have been.

Jeff Buttles cupped hands drive me to distraction.

I have never liked any of the Chinese Pair teams except Shen & Zhao.

I was secretly glad when Suguri and Oda retired (or have they???). Never liked their skating.

Sometimes I still think the Russian federation is still buying judges.

I do not think Chan's scores are inflated. I've never seen edging like his....amazing skating skills.

I still secretly hope Czisny can win the gold in Sochi.

I love it when the Europeans whine about the dominance of North American ice dance.

I hated Slutskaya's skating....but I loved Butraskaya's skating.

Probably the skater I liked the least of all time was Viacheslav Zagorudniak ("Zaggy"). I used to pause the VCR when he skated.

It is a crime that Kurt Browning never got an Olympic gold medal.

John Curry is still the finest classical artist to ever grace the sport IMHO.

I used to wonder why the judges were so hard on Sasha Cohen for one or two jump errors. The rest of her skating was so far above....that line and position takes incredible amount of work to achieve. All the ladies skaters today pale in comparison in my eyes. Also the way ABC and the media used to constantly harp on a mistake from her drove me bonkers.

Drobiasko & Vanagas never got their due from the judges..Neither did Annenko & Stretenski or Punsalan & Swallow. Torvill & Dean totally should have had the gold in 1994.

Brezina's scarecrow hands and bend at the waist jump take-offs spoil his skating for me. Why can't Adam have his 3-axel though?

Wow! These confessions feel good!!!!! Glad I could get some of that off my chest.
    Last edited by mtnskater; 05-13-2012 at 06:13 AM.

vCash
    I wish for public humiliation for every fan or critic who dismisses a world class skater as "lacking basic skating skills". Something along the line of having to perform their skating skills in a large arena full of unsympathetic spectators with the skaters they criticize as their judges.

vCash
    I've got another one.

- Sick and tired of certain skaters being held up despite numerous mistakes, and others getting held back despite being brilliant. I think some skaters benefit from "pretty points", others from reputation and I'd like it to stop. I've come very close to quitting the sport out of frustration from this phenomenon...

vCash
    I will never understand people who insist 6.0 is easy to understand CoP is impossible to.

I think Canadian skaters are being held to a double standard, that people are quicker to dismiss their scores as unfairly high and deride them if they say a word out of line. I don't even like Patrick, but I am getting sick of seeing him attacked.

I will forever grieve that Tanith & Ben never won anything bigger than Four Continents. I hoped to feel better if Meryl & Charlie won Worlds, but I didn't.

I'm afraid that when I see Johnny and Jeremy compete together again, I'll find the former lacking, as compared to the latter.

vCash
    I selfishly want the top skaters be able to skate first in the competition so that when I fall asleep, I won't miss the medal winning skates.

Want all competition times to fit my awake/sleep schedule so i don't miss skating or sleep because of time zones.

vCash
    I am addicted to FSU (much to the disgust of my family) and I love to read all the comments as I watch competitions to get others impressions.

I love the sappy romantic programs that many others hate.

I have always thought Carolina Kostner was a great skater and I am so happy she has a World gold medal.

I am not a fan of skating costumes that have bits of sheer fabric hanging from them that look like coloured toilet paper - and I especially dislike it on male skaters.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    I was secretly glad when Suguri and Oda retired (or have they???).
    They haven't. At least not officially.

(((((mtnskater)))))

vCash
    I'm obsessed with Brian Jouberts abs

vCash
    My skating related sins will never be known

-Who are these people lusting over N. Morozov? C'mon people! Surely we're not this desperate!

-I attended a skating event half drunk, though to my credit the skating was just tragic!!!

-There's something about Patrick Chan that pings to me.

- Nancy should have won the 94 Olympics, though I love you Oksana.

-I feel like Johnny wasted his talent away.

-I'm gutted with Tanith/Ben not winning 09' worlds. F-You judges!

-The worse case of politics I have ever witness was B/S winning the Olympic silver medal at Nagano. Their Free Skate was a MONUMENTAL meltdown of E-P-I-C proportions. That pretty much ruined that couple for me.

-Kyoko Ina got screwed at both Olympics in 98' & 02'. Worse! T/M finishing in front of I/Z was like the rotten cherry on top. I was never able to enjoy that couple ever gain.

-I worry for Maksim Trankov.

-I'll always remember the German pair Peggy Schwarz/Mirko Muller. Their camel spins are to this day unmatched by any couple. I will always be bitter bitter BITTER that they got shafted at Skate America in favor of B/S one year.

-Mirko Muller was the hottest pairs skater I have ever seen. Yum! though I can't seem to find a recent photo of him.

-Jason Dungjen has a very calming effect when he speaks. My impression of him is that he's a very genuine person.

-I want Massimo Scali to return to skating.

-I love Chock and Bates. The haterz are crazy!

-Plushenko is done.

-I can't wait for Jeremy to present his new programs(I'm sure they'll be fantastic!) though I don't think he'll make it out of nationals.

-D/W should have won worlds this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    They haven't. At least not officially.

(((((mtnskater)))))

Just what I was afraid of Thanks for the sympathy Vagabond. Your post made me

This thread is really fun. I love reading everyone's comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    I'm obsessed with Brian Jouberts abs
    What about his butt???

vCash
    I am jealous of whatever system the Russian federation has to nurture all the young talent they have coming up.
    It's called a system of "you have talent. Let's train you" as opposed to the Western system of "my mummy and daddy have a bigger chequebook so I get the training even though you're a better skater".

- I am halfway through Johnny's book and am trying my damndest not to tear it apart and burn it. I cannot believe how much I can't stand him right now. Overgrown spoiled little BRAT!

- Jason Brown: would totally hit it. Skating: check, cool style: check, funny: check, glasses: check...

- I don't work on my edges enough at training because I hate them. It drives my coach NUTS.

vCash
    Jason Brown looks so much like Kimmie Meissner to me it causes cognitive dissonance.

A corollary to that: I loathe the overhyping of juniors as it pretty much causes me to turn against them.

If the first ice dance program I'd seen was I/K's Schindlers List, I'd hate dance so much I'd never have watched it again I loathe it so much.

vCash
    For all I know, Carolina Kostner is a good skater. I don't care. I just dig the catsuit.
    Last edited by Johnny_Fever; 05-13-2012 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    I HATE male skaters wearing gloves. The ISU should ban them from men's costumes.
    Agree.

I am super bummed that skating is not really popular in the US anymore.
    Was it ever?

John Curry is still the finest classical artist to ever grace the sport IMHO.
    Agree. Plus, he never wore gloves.

vCash
    Yes Johnny Fever, John Curry didn't need to stoop to costume gimmickry!

vCash
    I think Joubert is average looking, and Meryl is kinda wierd looking.
    I think Leonova is awesome; she skates with enthusiasm, passion and joy, and is not a boring pretty little ice princess. I hope next season she does her own version of a prostitute on crack.
    I love Tessa and Scott but find their programs really boring.
    I love Kaitlyn Weaver's red dress, and hanging shoulder strap.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast