Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Never got what the big deal was about Kwan or Cohen in terms of their skating. Of course, in retrospect they were far more successful than what we have now, but I never truly was entertained by much of what they did in their competitive years.

Perhaps with the exception of certain competitions this season, I always thought Kostner was vastly overmarked and overrated.

While I'm no Flatt fan, I do find certain elements of her skating appealing. Despite the criticism she works with what she has and gives it her all. (Disclaimer: doesn't excuse what happened at 2011 Worlds or how I feel about that episode)

I'm really impressed with what Wagner did this season. I honestly think she should have scored 4-5 pts higher in the FS at Worlds. It may or may not have made a difference in the overall result (don't have the #s in front of me) but judges did nail her for not being in the last group and that's not fair...

While Yuna Kim is talented, I don't think she is the queen so many make her out to be.

I follow only the ladies' discipline and frankly couldn't care less about the other 3.

Since 2006 I've been increasingly caring more about American skating and less about international skating.

I am done with Czisny. Don't want her near a US world team ever again.

I have high hopes for Mirai Nagasu and Agnes Zawadzki and unlike a few other posters, I'm not ready to give up on them. I still think Nagasu can get it together and be successful again if she can get a consistent training routine going and find some inner motivation after her recent struggles. And Zawadzki is still young- if she can find consistency in the freeskate I think she will contend not only nationally, but on the world level as well- yup, you heard it here first.

I liked Em Hughes' spunk when she was on the scene.

I hope Gracie Gold can live up even halfway to the incredible amount of hype and pressure fans and media folks are already putting on her.
    Last edited by RD; 05-11-2012 at 03:47 AM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    -I think the Russian pairs program must not be so strong, considering that Bazarova/Larionov can make the team year after year.

-I wish I liked V&T more.

-I was watching some old dance performances the other day and thinking what a joke B&A's career was.... they had no lines or grace, and were supposed to be this "technical" team with amazing twizzles, yet most of their podium performances included huge stumbles on these elements (eg 2006 olys FD, 2007 world FD).

-My love for P&B completely died this year. An Egyptian FD recycled from an old exhibition? Really? Are you sure they're not still with Zhulin? He loved turning exhibitions into FDs.

-Speaking of which, I don't think Zhulin is this God of choreo. Yes, Schindler's List and Chaplin were amazing, but what about Pink Panther and coming up with Carmen for his wife's Olympic FD?

-I don't care for Krylova/Camerlango's dance teams either. Weaver/Poje's last two FDs sucked bigtime.

-I don't think Love Story was that bad. I mean, B&S should have won, but Love Story is a pretty awesome program.

-I will always love Surya Bonaly and not get Yuka Sato.

-I don't really see why Gorshkova/Butikov are so much worse than the other Russian dancers in terms of technique. It's just that they have hideous costumes and choreography. I don't think Bobrova/Soloviev would even be in the top 10 at Worlds if they weren't the top Russian team. All of their teams are interchangeable.

-I agreed with Elvis Stojko's commentary about Vancouver.

vCash
    I don't get the appeal of Joannie Rochette.

Kiira Korpi is not THAT pretty (Laura Lepisto and Viktoria Helgesson are much better looking).

I prefer Valova/Vasiliev to Gordeeva/Grinkov.

I can't stand Usova/Zhulin, to the point that I can't watch a whole program of theirs without getting annoyed.

I still love Elvis Stojko and Michael Weiss.

I would rather watch Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre than any OGM-winning dance team.

I think Evan Bates made a mistake, switching partners to Madison from Emily (although it seems I am not alone in this, after looking at another thread).

Yu-Na Kim is a talented skater, but leaves me cold.

vCash
    I like Rachel Flatt! :

vCash
    -Nothing will ever convince me that Patrick Chan's margins of victory over Daisuke Takahashi this year were valid.

-Virtue and Moir are extremely overrated and boring.

-I used to like Elvis Stojko when he was skating. I still think he should have won the OGM in 1994.

-I wish it was Yagudin who was able to make the comeback and not Plushenko.

-I despise Alexei Mishin due to his trash talking of Yagudin, and I generally hate all of his skaters, because he strips every program bare of choreography.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I liked Stojko, too.

I never got Rochette.

I don't know what possibly makes one ice dance program better than the other. They all look the same technically to me. And I've tried to figure it out.

Chan is boring and robotic.

I loved Amber Corwin just for the Breakfast at Tiffany's with tiara program.

I wish Michelle Kwan had even a slight clue how to dress herself off the ice. Clearly a stylist was involved in dressing her for the HoF festivities. A stylist who has been fired since as she is back to ill fitting black outfits.

vCash
    - I enjoy Zoueva's choreography

- I like W/P but I don't get all the fawning over their FD this year.

- I did not enjoy Jeremy Abbott's skating this season, his puke face, and his 'try too hard' self choreography.

- I don't mind the SD format but I want to see straight line side by side footwork instead of circular ones.

- When I watch a male skater I mostly stare at their butts.

- I like Charlie White a lot but I don't think he can pull off any emotion besides grinning attractively. Meryl is fierce and I don't want to be on her bad side because she'd totally cut a bitch.

- As a V/M uber but not a shipper, I am still partly convinced they love each other romantically because otherwise they are putting Oscar winning actors to shame by giving each other those stare into your soul romantically looks.

- Skating world need more skaters Meagan Duhamel.

vCash
    I would go lesbian for Anna Cappellini.

I really don’t like Charlie’s curls.

I hate SD format, I don’t like latin on ice, the whole 2011/2012 season I was experiencing a purgatory. Moreover, I expect polka to be even worse.

Every time I feel sad, I watch Virtue/Moir just to enjoy their beautiful chemistry.

I think Maksim Trankov is an annoying jerk.

When I like a skater I want him/her to get more attention and love but when finally s/he gets it I’m like: “Come on, people. What the heck do you thinking?! I loved him first, HE’S MINE!” oh, jealousy…

vCash
    Forgive me father for I have sinned..........................
    I think North American skaters get higher marks because they are North American (Sometimes).
    I find the Shibutani's bland.
    I also fancy Morozov.
    I have watched Nancy Kerrigan falling apart at the 1993 World's about 100 times (Her reaction waiting for her marks still has me glued).
    I think Maria Butyrskaya should have won Olympic Bronze in 98'.

vCash
    Sins? They all sound like narcissism...

vCash
    I like Plushy and really enjoyed his skating at this year's Euros.

I find Patrick Chan very annoying.

I think that Kavaguti/Smirnov make a very odd pairing and look very mismatched together. Every time I watch their 'Claire de Lune' program I can't help but imagine Elena/Anton skating to this. Now that would be awesome!

I think that Morozov is a good coach and knows how to bring out the best in his students.

During Michelle Kwan/Irina Slutskaya rivarly I always rooted for Irina.

I thought that Elena Sokolova should have won the bronze instead of Sasha at '06 Worlds in Calgary.

I tend to like programs that most of the figure skating fans hate: I loved Navka's 'Pink Panther', Dom/Shab's 'Spartacus', Amodio's last year's LP and Slutskaya's 2005 LP.

I still think that 'Samson and Delilah' is the best FD D/W ever had and 'Fledermaus' is just blah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Gordeeva and Grinkov don't move me. I thought they looked like a brother/sister pair, especially at the '88 Olympics.
    well they were two kids back there

vCash
    I loved Winkler-Lohse , the clocks FP, and ALL their OD !
    Even Rene's arms doing the same movements in all programs

vCash
    I haven't yet watched the ladies FD from the Olympics..

I wanted to like Volosozhar/Trankov more than Aljona/Robin but I still like them more.

I like Bobrova/Soloviev even with their costumes and I will be laughing a lot when people will get converted.

I'm a huge fan of V/M yet sometimes I can't stand them when I read all the mussy descriptions some fans come up with.They completely destroy them for me.And no I don't find their chemistry to be romantic.I find all current ice dancers to have the same amount of chemistry between the twizzles and spins

I never thought T/D should have won in 1994.I thought they were old people dressed like teenagers.Now that I'm as old as they were,I think they were extremely young and fresh looking!

I loved N/K Pink Panther/Austin Powers FD!!!

I never loved Anissina/Peizerat and I feel so bad saying this..Sorry...

And I'm a Plushenko fan...a real sinner...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    I never had a problem with:

Mao's "Bells of Moscow" program

Tanith and Ben's "That's Entertainment" program
    Same here!

I have always liked Elvis (not crazy about some of his recent comments), but I do feel he should have won Olympic gold in 1994 (nothing personal against Alexei Urmanov). Justice was done @ 1994 Worlds, though.

I thought Rachel Flatt was undermarked at US Nationals this season. I know she had problems in her sp, but she was on fire in her free skate.

Can't stand all the emphasis on the quad! It's one jump. What about the rest of the program?

Hate the butt spin - so overused and ugly to watch

Meryl & Charlie should have been on the World podium in 2009. As wonderful as they were with Samson & Delilah @ US Nationals that year, they were even better @ Worlds. I do love their "Die Fledermaus" free dance, too.

I don't care for Mishin as a coach. He has always struck me as dismissive of North American men's skaters (and possibly other skaters not under his tutelage).
    Last edited by paskatefan; 05-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    I don't care for voidy. Simpler choreography performed cleanly and neat is far more compelling to me.

I prefer V/T over S/S, but I want S/S to win gold and V/T to get silver at Sochi. Also, Trankov completely overshares on twitter.

I vastly prefer V/M over D/W, but I would be okay with V/W retiring in London 2013 Worlds so that D/W could win gold in Sochi unequivocally.

Krylova and Carmerlengo's "magic" is overrated.

Dance only became relevant to me in 2008.

vCash
    I liked Brian Orser's skating better than Brian Boitano's.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I was glad to see R Flatt do a SPLATT at nationals.

vCash
    I prefer Miki Ando to Mao Asada

I secretly enjoy Michal Brezina's odd costumes (American in Paris, Untouchables), as well as these programs, even though they are both pretty crappy and well below his potential.

I don't understand how P/B are world medalists. W/P are so much better.

I still like Risa Shoji better than Haruka Imai and think she's the better skater.

I appreciate Caydee Denney's OTT makeup, tan, bleached hair, and strange hairdos on some level.

I think Adam Rippon's beautiful curly hair is the primary reason he's made 2 world teams.

I like Evan Lysacek's skating.

vCash
    Morozov's an excellent coach.

While watching Joubert skating, I can't keep my eyes from his nice butt!

I wish we could zip Chan's mouth. He's overrated. I think he peaked this season.

Yuna was very talented but just overrated. Her facial expressions were simply exagerated.

Arakawa can still win medals. She still jumps triples and 2-3.

I wish Johnny Weir wasn't gay. Love him!

Speedy is an as....le. Should retire.

Elizaveta's SP was gorgeous !

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast