Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    I really hate when people does flutz and lip and than others state they have all the jumps. In my eyes I should penalize the flutz or lip to halv his value so that a real 2Lz are more worth than a 3 flutz and a 2Flip more than a 3 lip, so maybe skaters would bother to do the right jump
    I don't get Ju-Na Kim and her programs let me quite cold
    I don't get Chan and feel no emotion looking att his programs
    I love Thomas Verner and Stephane Lambiel
    I can't stand Morozov programs and don't get how Miki's program and dress can be given to Leonova, judges should punish that

vCash
    I like Pepsi more than Coke.

I get distracted by skaters who are too good looking (yup I am talking about you Andrew Poje), and think they deserve +3 bonus points just for it. It is a gift, and they should be rewarded.

I believe there should be penalty points given for worst program, worst costume, worst hair in every competition, most contrived choreography etc. Reason being some of them happen to medal, just crazy!!!

(crap being omitted)

I don't get all these so called 'artistic' programs recently by Lori Nicols, most imo are too vanilla extra light, safe, too main stream, too generic, too bland, too unoffensive. She seems a lady who likes to knit, who wears pastel colours and only listen to classic fm's greatest hits cds, who stays in doors and a vegan. (Bet i got a few right)

I hate lazy performers who plays safe who win based on RP, apparently a sin in this sport, since one won the ladies this year.

I think someone should start a Save Julia Lipnitskaya from Morozov campaign, before it is too late.

Love Plushy. Plushenko deserve to be the king of Russia based on attitude alone. I bet he'd win a stare contest with Putin. (Although there's no guarantee on what happens after.)
    Last edited by os168; 07-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

I really like Torville and Dean, until i found they are cousins, then first thoughts was yeww... but then thought I guess that is what you call professionalism.

Torvill and Dean are cousins?!

vCash
    ..........I get distracted by skaters who are too good looking...........
    I'm sorry. Would it help if I wore a paper bag over my head?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Torvill and Dean are cousins?!
    Wait... you are right. They are not??!!!!

I did a search and apparently they are not! HUH how come i got that impression years ago and got traumatized! Blame on my Chinese mother's crap English lol... Ohh i feel so bad for smirking at their Bolero now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    I really hate when people does flutz and lip and than others state they have all the jumps
    If a skater has a flutz _and_ a lip then they do have a lutz and flip, they're just wrong about when they're doing each one....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    I'm sorry. Would it help if I wore a paper bag over my head?
    If you are truly good looking. Please don't

If you are not.. well yeah, it helps

YEAH!
    vCash
    I confess that I don't think Ilinykh or Navka wear too much makeup.

vCash

Thumbs up

Love Plushy. Plushenko deserve to be the king of Russia based on attitude alone. I bet he'd win a stare contest with Putin. (Although there's no guarantee on what happens after.)
    ITA!!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I dislike all Catholic skaters and like all Protestant skaters.

vCash
    - I never got G/G, especially not at the 1994 Olympics

- I hated Plushenko from the very first moment.

- Yagudin`s step sequences were way overrated.

- I found Lu Chen dull - just like Abbott and Buttle

- Most ladies bore me to death

- The best ever program is Kurt`s Nyah

- I never liked Elvis, but his landings were great compared to those you see now

- I`m glad that KvdP finally retired, but I almost cried at Worlds after he finsihed his LP

- Maria Butyrskaya had the worst landing position I`ve ever seen and never looked happy

- I almost gave up watching skating at all at the 2006 Olympics, because to me neither
    T/M nor N/K were even close to any of the former OGM winners and Plushenko makes
    me puke. But I was glad for Shizuka!

- I dislike Evan, but I was still glad he won - you know why ;-)

- I wish Fumie would have ended her career before everyone just felt pity

- I think Chan is way better than the others, but wish he would show more courage and
    use other music

- I like Eman, but I will never forgive him for more or less inventing the butt spin

- I just don`t like Irina, can`t even say why

- Roca/Sur never got the marks they deserved, so I`m glad that they were finally
    appreciated as pros

- Both B/S and S/P are boring

- Povilas Vanagas is still attractive ;-)

- I wish Mishin and Moskvina would make way for younger coaches - there must be
    hundreds of them in Russia

- I hate Tara`s voice

- I preferred Orser at the Olympics, bus as a pro I like Boitano better

- I wish they had World Pro, Ice Wars and Battle of the Sexes back

- Viktor Petrenko had the best 3A followed by Ilia Kulik

- Linitchuk and Karponossov were so terrible in 1980 that T/D looked like coming from
    another planet four years later

- Liz Manley should have won gold in Calgary

- B/K were overrated most of the time

- Sarah was boring and technically weak, just lucky all others had an even worse day

- I just don`t get Carolina Kostner, find her overrated and boring.

- I smile when Yuka enters the ice - but I don`t like many of her routines.

- I like Rudy Galindo much better than Johnny Weir

- Denis Petrov was hot!

- Philippe Candeloro makes me sick, both his skating and his physical appearance
    Last edited by skating is fun; 07-05-2012 at 09:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skating is fun View Post
    - Philippe Candeloro makes me sick, both his skating and his physical appearance
    Ahh, not even his Saturday Night Fever number? He always brought down the house with that one.

vCash
    Wait... you are right. They are not??!!!!

I did a search and apparently they are not! HUH how come i got that impression years ago and got traumatized! Blame on my Chinese mother's crap English lol... Ohh i feel so bad for smirking at their Bolero now.
    Maybe you got confusted because so many other British skaters are Cousins. Robin, Steven, Tristan....

vCash
    I think Julia Lipnitskaia is a wind-up robot. I desparately want to remove a cog in the machine, so that a real human can win Jr. Worlds. (It's the same story line as 'The Terminator', only with tiny girls instead of Arnold).

I hate, hate, hate all the double axels that are being performed by ladies (and violator #1 the is little robot Lipnitskaia!) We already know you can do a 2A, ALL the ladies can do it easily (except poor Gao), so why should you be allowed to do it 4 times and get credit each time?
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 07-05-2012 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    I don't like D/W, I think they are over-rated and I don't find him at all attractive and I am shocked that most of you seem to.

I think Shen/Zhao were over-rated too and much preferred Totmianina/Marinin and Pang/Tong.

If I could have one wish for Sochi it would be a medal for Brian Joubert. Wouldn't matter what colour.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    I hate, hate, hate all the double axels that are being performed by ladies (and violator #1 the is little robot Lipnitskaia!) We already know you can do a 2A, ALL the ladies can do it easily (except poor Gao), so why should you be allowed to do it 4 times and get credit each time?
    Are you counting the short program? Because it's not allowed to do 4 in the freeskate alone.

vCash
    - I wish people would stop proclaiming Gracie Gold to be the second-coming until she's had a successful senior GP run... Gracie's jumps are good but the rest of her skating is 100% meh.

- I firmly believe that had Michelle Kwan skated after Tara Lipinski in Nagano, she'd have won gold...I also believe that had Michelle stayed on her feet in SLC, she'd have won gold...given the splatfest that was Torino, I believe Michelle could have won there too...

- It's totally mean, but I was happy Courtney Hicks wasn't able to compete last season...her skating is terrible IMO.

- I put more value on overall packaging than I do single elements (big jumps, great spins, etc.). I prefer a balanced program of jumps and artistry over a big technical display...

- I absolutely love Kanako Murakami's skating...

- Tatiana Tarasova destroyed Mao Asada's skating...

- I'm tired of all the flutz/lip yapping...I just don't care anymore

- Johnny Weir should have won nationals in 2008...not Evan

- I miss 6.0 style of skating...

- Shizuka bored me as a skater...that includes her OGM win in Torino...snoozefest.

- I'll take Daisuke's charisma and showmanship over Patrick's great edges and butt-planting any day of the week...

- I was happy Irina and Sasha didn't win gold in Torino...

- I thought the Yu-Na/Brian split was appalling...and I sided with Brian. I just believe Yu-Na's management mishandled the situation...I think burning that bridge was a mistake that could come back to haunt her, especially now that she's talking about returning to competition.

- I think Mirai Nagasu deserved bronze in Vancouver...I don't begrudge Joannie that medal, but I definitely think Mirai was stronger that night.

- Sometimes I laugh when skaters fall...especially if I don't like the skater. It's funny to me...
    Last edited by kwanatic; 07-05-2012 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Are you counting the short program? Because it's not allowed to do 4 in the freeskate alone.
    Yes, I'm counting 4 double axels in a competition, not LP. And I do know YNK pioneered this strategy and scored massively. But it's more forgivable with her since Yuna really could do 3 different 3-3s extremely well , but COP discouraged her from doing the 3t-3t in the LP .

I'd like to allow ladies to do a triple in place of the 2A in the SP too, since all of them can do an easy 2A anyway, it's hardly a point of diffrentiation.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 07-05-2012 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Yuna really could do 3 different 3-3s extremely well , but COP discouraged her from doing the 3t-3t in the LP .
    Actually, the Zayak rule would discourage anyone who could do 3F+3T and/or 3Lz+3T, or 3Lo+3T, from doing 3T+3T even under 6.0. Why waste both your 3T in one combination if you could do two harder 3-3s? In 6.0, the judges will usually give more credit to the harder combos, assuming the quality is comparable.

In some ways, IJS makes it more valuable to do the 3T+3T instead of doing two 3-3s, because the scoring rubric doesn't care about the difficulty of the combinations. If you're going to repeat, say, 3T and 3Lz and do 7 triples in 6 jump passes (or 6 triples in 5 passes, if you think you're better off leaving out your problem triple), then you might as well distribute them in a way that is likely to lead the the most successful execution, the highest GOEs.

If you can do two 3-3s, i.e., 7 triples in 5 passes, then it's worth doing the harder combos under IJS.

Of course, if you can do 3-3s with both toe loop and loop at end, then you're in the best position because you don't have to repeat the relatively low-value 3T. But very few skaters can do both kinds of triple at the end of a combo.

vCash
    ^^ well in a way ISU did decide to allow triple axel instead of double in women's sp I know what you mean but it is interesting to see how female skaters execute the same jump so differently.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast