Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

U.S. Team Envelope / International Selection Pool (ISP) skaters & updates for 2012-13

The 2012-13 team envelopes (A-C) have been published online by USFS: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48071&type=media

Earlier thread in Trash Can that explains the 2012-13 envelope criteria and the International Selection Pool (published on April 26, 2012): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82601

ETA: I'm glad to see that Angela Wang, Max Aaron, and Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles (8th place finishers in Senior at 2012 Nationals) were included in Team C, along with Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage (6th in Jr Pairs) and Amanda Bertsch/Sam Kaplun (7th in Jr Dance; though both of them are currently listed on IPS).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Glad to see Courtney Hicks get funding after her injury last season.

I know one dance team (or at least his mom) that is very excited by their funding. Whee!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Thank Sylvia.

Happy that Caroline Z. and Agnes Z. were included in Team B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Glad to see Courtney Hicks get funding after her injury last season.

I know one dance team (or at least his mom) that is very excited by their funding. Whee!
    out of curiosity how much funding does the USFSA provide?

vCash
    Why was not Evan Lysacek not given ANY funding level? Because he did not compete last season? If true, USFS is cutting their own throat with what appears to some as a major Snub!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Why was not Evan Lysacek not given ANY funding level? Because he did not compete last season? If true, USFS is cutting their own throat with what appears to some as a major Snub!
    Does he really need the funds?
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    Does he really need the funds?
    If he competes, Who will he represent at international ISU events? USFSA!!!
    Sounds like USFSA doesn't really care if he competes for them or not. Not good PR!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Hooray! Joshua and Jason both got team B!

....but Nathan Chen in Team B already? I don't know a whole lot about the envelopes but isn't that a little...high for someone who's only just old enough to do Juniors internationally?

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Hooray! Joshua and Jason both got team B!

....but Nathan Chen in Team B already? I don't know a whole lot about the envelopes but isn't that a little...high for someone who's only just old enough to do Juniors internationally?
    Chen won junior men, and I thought usually junior US champs get team B.

vCash
    all seems fair.

vCash
    Could the USFS add Evan to Team A or Team B if he actually does come back?

vCash
    Wow, I'm surprised that Courtney Hicks made into Team C while Leah Keiser didn't. Leah was skating pretty well all season until National's. Too bad she was never given a JGP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    If he competes, Who will he represent at international ISU events? USFSA!!!
    Sounds like USFSA doesn't really care if he competes for them or not. Not good PR!
    I think you have the answer in the first sentence of your response "if he competes". Part of the criteria for funding is:

Consideration will be given to place a 2010 Olympic medalist into Team A or Team B at the discretion of the ICMS. These athletes must have retained their eligible status and must be committed to competing in the current and/or following competitive season.

It sounds like Evan may not have made an official committment yet to USFS about competing in the upcoming season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Chen won junior men, and I thought usually junior US champs get team B.
    Ah, okay. I guess it makes sense from that point of view.

I don't see why Lysacek should get USFSA funding. It's not like the US are short of quality men to begin with. Even Plushenko didn't get funding from the RFSF when he first came back and the Russians were in a much more dire state than the US are now. He had to prove to them he was serious before they would. The same thing should apply here; Lysacek can show he's serious before he gets funding.

EDIT: I see Tammi beat me to it and actually found a rule.
    Last edited by misskarne; 05-09-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: someone posted

vCash
    Not that I really miss him, but why is Brandon Mroz not there in an envelope (or am I blind)? And Mark Lawdwig with his new partner Lindsay Davis?
    And I guess what you said about Evan applies to Johnny Weir as well, that he is not on the list as it is not certain yet whether he really comes back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Not that I really miss him, but why is Brandon Mroz not there in an envelope (or am I blind)? And Mark Lawdwig with his new partner Lindsay Davis?
    And I guess what you said about Evan applies to Johnny Weir as well, that he is not on the list as it is not certain yet whether he really comes back?
    Mroz had a terrible GP season and was 14th at Nationals and thus didn't get any post-nationals assignments, so he didn't qualify for any funding this season. If he gets international assignments, he will be added to the reserve envelope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised that Courtney Hicks made into Team C while Leah Keiser didn't.
    Hicks won the gold medal at her JGP in Australia and that alone qualified her for Team C. Keiser won the gold in her junior international debut at Challenge Cup in March, but spring developmental international medals are not counted for Team C funding in the following season (although Keiser and Pfund/Reiss were added to Team C on the USFS site after they medalled at Challenge Cup).

Any new teams that are formed -- including from split ones that would had qualified for a 2012-13 funded envelope had they not split (Evora/Ladwig, Cain/Reagan, Poapst/Knierim, Olson/Cowan, Cannuscio/Lorello, Bonacorsi/Mager) -- will be added to the Reserve envelope if they receive an international assignment.

The published criteria for envelopes A-C are based on international and Nationals results this season and can be viewed at: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-09-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: to add clarification re. new teams
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Sylvia,
    You should start teaching classes.

ISK101: Remedial Grand Prix Assignments process and procedure
    ISK102: Remedial Junior Grand Prix Assignments process and procedure
    ISK103: US Figure Skating ISP and Team Envelope exploration

These three classes should keep you in work, pay for all of your expenses, and allow you to travel from competition to competition as a write off. Let me know if you decided to start conducting the classes. I think that I know where to get you some (hundreds) of students.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Sylvia,
    You should start teaching classes.

ISK101: Remedial Grand Prix Assignments process and procedure
    ISK102: Remedial Junior Grand Prix Assignments process and procedure
    ISK103: US Figure Skating ISP and Team Envelope exploration

These three classes should keep you in work, pay for all of your expenses, and allow you to travel from competition to competition as a write off. Let me know if you decided to start conducting the classes. I think that I know where to get you some (hundreds) of students.
    This.

vCash
    What Jayar said
    * Ice-dance.com *

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast