Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 86 of 86
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michal Brezina's pants
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    What on earth stopped her from being a multiple World and Olympic champion?
    jumps

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,097
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    People have mentioned Olga Markova but haven't actually posted this video yet?

    I am shocked and actually disappointed! I was sure it was a rule that this program must be posted immediately in threads like this one

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    230
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    People have mentioned Olga Markova but haven't actually posted this video yet?

    I am shocked and actually disappointed! I was sure it was a rule that this program must be posted immediately in threads like this one
    I just figured that "Let My People Go" (as well as "Hooker on Crack") have now become part of common FSU knowledge, so re-posting would be unnecessary. But I'm now seeing the error of that way of thinking. Awesome move, michiruwater!

    And since I mentioned it:
    Laetitia Hubert, 1998 Trophée Lalique LP, a.k.a. "Hooker on Crack":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJgL8Clf_h0

    Oh wait, this was already posted upthread...oh well, it deserves all the attention it can get!
    Last edited by satchelpooch318; 06-09-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Brain fart

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,857
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Another exhibition was Engi & Toth's Muppet Movie 1988 World's exhibition. Unfortunately, youtube doesn't tolerate it to be posted because of copyright issues. Attila's costume included a whole Kermit head and Klara had a Miss Piggy head and a train nearly half a rink long.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,432
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20949
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    What on earth stopped her from being a multiple World and Olympic champion?
    There isn't a world or Olympic championship in artistic skating.

    I don't think the IOC would be interested in creating one -- doesn't meet the higher-faster-stronger criteria.

    But it might be a good idea for the ISU to develop it as a separate discipline, since it would probably attract audiences and keep popular freestyle skaters in the sport longer when they can no longer keep up with the jump content needed to be competitive. Not to mention establishing new stars who could never make it to the top levels in freestyle in the first place but are more enjoyable for audiences to watch.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,093
    vCash
    721
    Rep Power
    15562
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    There isn't a world or Olympic championship in artistic skating.

    I don't think the IOC would be interested in creating one -- doesn't meet the higher-faster-stronger criteria.

    But it might be a good idea for the ISU to develop it as a separate discipline, since it would probably attract audiences and keep popular freestyle skaters in the sport longer when they can no longer keep up with the jump content needed to be competitive. Not to mention establishing new stars who could never make it to the top levels in freestyle in the first place but are more enjoyable for audiences to watch.
    Apparently there was an interpretive event, at least at Skate Canada in 1991. Although, this thread is the first time I've ever heard about it. I wonder how they selected the competitors?

    Joanna Ng was a silver medalist at Junior Nationals, but only came in 10th at seniors according to her webpage. At age 12 I suspect she was still a junior.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •