Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    What on earth stopped her from being a multiple World and Olympic champion?
    jumps

vCash
    People have mentioned Olga Markova but haven't actually posted this video yet?

I am shocked and actually disappointed! I was sure it was a rule that this program must be posted immediately in threads like this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    People have mentioned Olga Markova but haven't actually posted this video yet?

I am shocked and actually disappointed! I was sure it was a rule that this program must be posted immediately in threads like this one
    I just figured that "Let My People Go" (as well as "Hooker on Crack") have now become part of common FSU knowledge, so re-posting would be unnecessary. But I'm now seeing the error of that way of thinking. Awesome move, michiruwater!

And since I mentioned it:
    Laetitia Hubert, 1998 Trophée Lalique LP, a.k.a. "Hooker on Crack":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJgL8Clf_h0

Oh wait, this was already posted upthread...oh well, it deserves all the attention it can get!
    Last edited by satchelpooch318; 06-09-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Brain fart

vCash
    Another exhibition was Engi & Toth's Muppet Movie 1988 World's exhibition. Unfortunately, youtube doesn't tolerate it to be posted because of copyright issues. Attila's costume included a whole Kermit head and Klara had a Miss Piggy head and a train nearly half a rink long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    What on earth stopped her from being a multiple World and Olympic champion?
    There isn't a world or Olympic championship in artistic skating.

I don't think the IOC would be interested in creating one -- doesn't meet the higher-faster-stronger criteria.

But it might be a good idea for the ISU to develop it as a separate discipline, since it would probably attract audiences and keep popular freestyle skaters in the sport longer when they can no longer keep up with the jump content needed to be competitive. Not to mention establishing new stars who could never make it to the top levels in freestyle in the first place but are more enjoyable for audiences to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    There isn't a world or Olympic championship in artistic skating.

I don't think the IOC would be interested in creating one -- doesn't meet the higher-faster-stronger criteria.

But it might be a good idea for the ISU to develop it as a separate discipline, since it would probably attract audiences and keep popular freestyle skaters in the sport longer when they can no longer keep up with the jump content needed to be competitive. Not to mention establishing new stars who could never make it to the top levels in freestyle in the first place but are more enjoyable for audiences to watch.
    Apparently there was an interpretive event, at least at Skate Canada in 1991. Although, this thread is the first time I've ever heard about it. I wonder how they selected the competitors?

Joanna Ng was a silver medalist at Junior Nationals, but only came in 10th at seniors according to her webpage. At age 12 I suspect she was still a junior.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345