View Poll Results: Who should win?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juliet

    13 59.09%
  • Chris

    5 22.73%
  • Tony

    3 13.64%
  • Jermaine

    1 4.55%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,530
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    The Voice Final Poll

    Who should win?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Chris by a country mile.

    One last time:
    'This
    is
    The
    Voice'




    But, really, anyone but the Constipated Mouseketeer will work.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,134
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17692
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Chris by a country mile.

    One last time:
    'This
    is
    The
    Voice'




    But, really, anyone but the Constipated Mouseketeer will work.
    Here's my problem with Chris. He has a good voice but it's not good enough for opera...not even close. That may be why he decided to go in the pop direction. But Josh Groban type music isn't all that popular in the first place & he isn't as good as Groban. His voice is better than Michael Buble's but he doesn't have the style of Buble. I must admit he wasn't as quite boring last night as usual except for when he did Christina's song but I just can't see him having a lot of commercial success. I've heard voices just like his in church.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,786
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    I liked at least one performance from each of them. I prefer Jermaine, but that's my taste.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  5. #5
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,503
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    46281
    I thought everyone did well last night, although while watching Juliet duet with Cee Lo, I thought, "is her microphone turned on"? She doesn't have the pipes of Cee Lo...or the amplifiers of the band!

    I think Tony is the best entertainer and the most versatile (in spite of Christina's comment - or was she doing a Simon Cowell/reverse psychology thing on the audience?), so Mr. Lucca got my vote. (As for him being a constipated singer, you clearly have not seen the performances of Phillip Phillips on American Idol. Tony Lucca is a songbird compared to Mr. Phillips!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Here's my problem with Chris. He has a good voice but it's not good enough for opera...not even close. That may be why he decided to go in the pop direction. But Josh Groban type music isn't all that popular in the first place & he isn't as good as Groban. His voice is better than Michael Buble's but he doesn't have the style of Buble. I must admit he wasn't as quite boring last night as usual except for when he did Christina's song but I just can't see him having a lot of commercial success. I've heard voices just like his in church.
    I thought Chris was the best last night. But I doubt I'd ever want to own any of his music. The things you mention about working against him...not quite being a Groban or a Buble is actually a plus in my eyes. There just might be an audience who wants someone who sings well, but isn't as operatic as Groban and isn't as goofy as Buble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I liked at least one performance from each of them. I prefer Jermaine, but that's my taste.
    I thought Jermaine's first song was pretty horrible at times, but his next two numbers were quite good. Glad he went out on a high note!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I know I'm in the very small minority, but I would want anyone, but Juliet to win. Her voice is grating.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,134
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17692
    I find it ironic that the person losing this poll is the winner. meh

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What do we know?

    The answer once again is revealed ... and once again, it's: very little!

  9. #9
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,503
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    46281
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I find it ironic that the person losing this poll is the winner. meh
    Wonder if Chris and Tony split the "white guy" vote?

    As for Jermaine, I want it on record that I think he will have a bigger career than Javier Colon. Mark my word.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  10. #10
    what a glorious day!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,622
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1031
    I thought Chris and Tony (and their coaches' antics) cancelled one another out.

    Juliet is interesting, and has a strong following. She may well have a better career than Jermaine. Still Jermaine was my favorite. It will be interesting to see what he records.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4218
    Jermaine is from the town next to mine, so everyone up here was totally psyched for him. He played a ton of local, small concerts during the break in the show, at locations that had supported him in the past, and the local papers have had reports on him each week.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

  12. #12
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,503
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    46281
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    As for Jermaine, I want it on record that I think he will have a bigger career than Javier Colon. Mark my word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Juliet is interesting, and has a strong following. She may well have a better career than Jermaine.
    We're making BIG predictions in this thread!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,134
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17692
    I predict that Katrina (if she gets a good debut song) will be bigger than Jermaine or Juliet. Esp if Adam helps her. He needs to write her a song to make up for voting the way he did.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11643
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    As for Jermaine, I want it on record that I think he will have a bigger career than Javier Colon. Mark my word.
    Not if they are both competing in the lullaby market

  15. #15
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,503
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    46281
    Javier's CD was a children's album??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •