Thread: SYTYCD Season 9

Beach Bum
    vCash

SYTYCD Season 9

Premiere Thurs May 24 8/7c

Show will only be one night a week. No results show. Nigel has some other twist TBA. Apparently, there are some strong ballroom dancers in the running. http://www.puresytycd.com/

I have not found specific spoilers on who made it to the Green Mile.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    No results show ever? That's weird.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Don't know if the judges will eliminate someone at the end of each show or if the voting elimination will be at the beginning of the next show (in which case, will a couple have to prepare an unnecessary routine?).

Here is more:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/23/sy...-9-cat-deeley/

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I can live without a results show. The impromptu solos were rarely that awesome that I won't be upset if they are cut. And the musical guests were completely superfluous.

I love this show. I'm so happy its back for another season.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    When there were no results shows in the first season, they had the judges select a bottom 3 couples to be in danger and then had the audience vote on it (rather than the other way around) and then they gave the results to the contestants the day after and that was taped and shown at the beginning of the next week's performance show. So the audience didn't know for a week who had been eliminated but the dancers did.

vCash
    I can't find any spoilers. My usual go to site, rickey.org, has nothing.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I actually liked the results shows on SYTYCD. So many of the guest performers (dancers, NOT singers) were awesome. I typically FF through most of the musical guests.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't see anything on OMG dance or in Trandrew's twitter last time I looked.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    I am so excited that it is time again for SYTYCD.

I was just thinking about it last week in the car.

vCash
    Not season 9 news, but I saw Evan Kasprzak and Alex Wong in Newsies and they were AMAZING. (Thayne is also in it but I can't actually pick him out of a lineup so I can't comment on him.) They both had solos and did a great job. Overall, the dancing is absolutely the star of that show so I totally recommend it to dance fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    I actually liked the results shows on SYTYCD. So many of the guest performers (dancers, NOT singers) were awesome. I typically FF through most of the musical guests.
    The network told Nigel that they were cutting the results show, so he had to come up with some other way to handle results. I'm curious to see how they do it!
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Not season 9 news, but I saw Evan Kasprzak and Alex Wong in Newsies and they were AMAZING. (Thayne is also in it but I can't actually pick him out of a lineup so I can't comment on him.) They both had solos and did a great job. Overall, the dancing is absolutely the star of that show so I totally recommend it to dance fans.
    S8 Jess Leprotto is also in Newsies. Thayne is actually supposedly memorable as well so perhaps he was just not in the performance you saw? Cast members periodically miss shows from small injuries or illness. I saw Newsies at the Papermill and only Evan was there so it would be cool to see all the SYTYCD boys <3<3<3

I will be unamused if we have no spoilers this season :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    S8 Jess Leprotto is also in Newsies. Thayne is actually supposedly memorable as well so perhaps he was just not in the performance you saw? Cast members periodically miss shows from small injuries or illness. I saw Newsies at the Papermill and only Evan was there so it would be cool to see all the SYTYCD boys <3<3<3
    I didn't watch season 8 so I don't know who Jess Leprotto is. But I've seen plenty of shows on Broadway so I'm familiar with cast members missing performances. When it happens, they announce it in the program and on the board in the lobby. The problem is not that Thayne didn't do any dancing that would stand out. It is that I have no idea what Thayne looks like, so I wouldn't have known it was him even if he did.

vCash
    I haven't seen many Broadway shows so I had no idea that they said who wouldn't be on for that night's show -thanks for the info How come you didn't watch S8? I mean it wasn't the best of seasons but It was ok-Did you stop watching after s7? Here's a picture of all 4 sytycd Newsies http://s3.broadway.com/photos/large/5.170947.jpg
    Last edited by tarotx; 05-09-2012 at 01:58 AM.

vCash
    In Dance Magazine, Nigel explains that the network wanted the show to be two hours rather than one, on one night per week rather than two. It sounds, from what he says, that dancers will be sent home based on a combination of the viewer vote and the judges' decisions.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    I haven't seen many Broadway shows so I had no idea that they said who wouldn't be on for that night's show -thanks for the info How come you didn't watch S8? I mean it wasn't the best of seasons but It was ok-Did you stop watching after s7? Here's a picture of all 4 sytycd Newsies http://s3.broadway.com/photos/large/5.170947.jpg
    I think I watched the first two or three episodes, missed one, and realized that I really, really didn't care about catching up. So I stopped.

vCash
    Oh my goodness - I didn't know all those guys were in Newsies! Now I am even more excited to see it this summer! Thanks for the info!

Looking forward to this season of SYTYCD. Sad there will be no Canadian show this year so I have to make watching the American one a priority!