Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    That was really funny. "But I wanted to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiin."
    I was even more when Brendan made some comment about not wanting to see "crazy Rachel".

She won the race for that team, whether Dave knows it or not.
    Oh yeah, without a doubt.

I loved how they all rubbed Bopper's head when the teams were all hugging at the end.

vCash
    Yay for Rachel and Dave winning! She is awesome! I am so glad the agents didn't win. And it just was inconceivable for Brenchel to win.

That was so weird that Rachel and Dave were brought to the wrong task. That is the most physical finale I can remember. When was the last time they didn't have a memory task in the finale?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Yay for Rachel and Dave winning! She is awesome! I am so glad the agents didn't win. And it just was inconceivable for Brenchel to win.

That was so weird that Rachel and Dave were brought to the wrong task. That is the most physical finale I can remember. When was the last time they didn't have a memory task in the finale?

Season 18 when the last task was putting that campsite trailer thing together.

vCash
    What a whirlwind 2 hours! The last hour (or both if they get it classified as a single) will surely be part of the Emmy submission.

EXCELLENT end to a very strong season. Despite the lack of likeability among the F4 teams, TAR20 was a huge success ... nicely laid out, inventive challenges, beautiful scenery, and Bopper & Mark.

Army Wife! All kinds of awesome this entire season ... she and her hubby were without question one of the top 2 or 3 teams in all of TAR. Their calm, methodical, pragmatic return to complete the roadblock was so commendable. Lesser competitors would've fallen apart (cough cough Red Rachel cough).

Rachel's excellent performance this leg was VERY reminiscent of another Rachel I liked a lot -- Rachel of TJ and Rachel. TJ's Rachel blew past Christina in the final "memory" task, and enabled the Bohos to grab the $mil.

Fat Art. Natch, you lose. Should've lost some pounds/gotten in optimal shape pre-race. Cost you $1 million - :ha!:

That said, I was fully ready to accept BPA as the winners if Brenchel was the alternative. 10 minutes into the first hour, tonight, after some classic RedRachel whining, I recalled why I couldn't stand her nor did I want this Big Brother cross-casting to ever happen again.

First hour:

Vanessa's ankle. Talk about the worst challenge at the worst time!

JJ calling Vanessa & Ralph "Conan and the Kardashian" (although the light tone and humor were quickly diminished as JJ continued, trying to ding Dave by calling him "Private" Dave).

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    That was a really satisfying finale!

Hour 1: Brenchel missed the first train, but were first on the ferry. Rachel/Army miss the ferry but are back in it thanks to bunching. Superbitch shows admittedly great competitive fire by gutting it out in the chicken challenge but is thankfully eliminated

Hour 2: All About Blonde Rachel! She is so fantastic. Between telling her tool of a husband to STFU, to singlehandedly overcoming their massive mistake by cruising down that hill to threatening to bean Dave in the nuts, she's the star of the season. That doesn't even count how well she did the chicken challenge in hour 1. Yea!! Ordinarily it's disappointing to have a team dominate from start to finish, but I've rooting for them. Huzzah!!

Oh, BB Rachel. Any chance you will watch this show and get some help? It has to suck going through life reacting like a 2 year old to every situation.

ETA: "Conan and the Kardashian" is the perfect description of Angel and Whatsisname
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    JJ calling Vanessa & Ralph "Conan and the Kardashian" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    ETA: "Conan and the Kardashian" is the perfect description of Angel and Whatsisname
    How very Flowers in the Attic of us to post this at exactly the same time.

or

But, yes, I missed an opportunity there to show my cleverness, re: creating the nicknames for the final Suicide game

vCash
    How very Flowers in the Attic of us to post this at exactly the same time.

or

But, yes, I missed an opportunity there to show my cleverness, re: creating the nicknames for the final Suicide game
    I can't believe there will be no more...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Which team from which season did they tie with?
    The record for the most first place legs was previously held by Nick and Starr from season 13, better known as the season that gave us Dandrew who showed the world their amazing marching skills.

I'll write a longer review later in the week, but I have to say that Army Rachel is possibly one of the best individual racers in the history of TAR. I think she did great from start to finish. In my mind, and I believe I've said this 8000 times before, the person who holds the title of the best individual racer is Colin from season 5. I say pair these two people together and you have an unbeatable team (problem is, Colin is a douchebag jerk, but so is Dave so yeah )

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    While I love TAR, its so anti-climatic for me when you don't really care who wins. Too bad Mark and Bopper couldn't pull it out last week. Although amazing that Army completely missed the Roadblock, had to paddle back across that lake again, complete the task, and still won! But I knew Army Rachel would knock that sled challenge out in just a few trips due to her slim body. I wonder how many times BPA had to do it before he finally got it? And lawdy lawdy I could have never done that building challenge!

So when are we back? Do we get a Fall season, or do we gotta wait til next February? And how do we get the Powers That Be to immediately go with another All-Stars edition so we can get Mark and Bopper back!

Clueless American
    vCash
    Just reading dandrew and marching gives me the major giggles

Army Rachel is awesome - glad she won, Dave not so much. Found all four final teams annoying but didn't hate them really. Was also surprised there was no big race summary task, but didn't really miss it.

vCash
    Hated the editing of the epi, but I'm ok with the outcome. Hey, TAR editors, can you please give us at least ONE redeeming quality per pair in the finals. The epi was edited to make sure that the viewers hated everyone. Is that going to be the style going forward?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Hated the editing of the epi, but I'm ok with the outcome. Hey, TAR editors, can you please give us at least ONE redeeming quality per pair in the finals. The epi was edited to make sure that the viewers hated everyone. Is that going to be the style going forward?
    Army Rachel easily came across as the most likeable last night, probably because no one else gave the editing team anything to show that would have made them be viewed in a better light. Art & JJ bitching about getting lost and losing the race, Brenchel being Brenchel, and Dave being a douchebag.. not too much to work with there.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm surprised at the hate for Team Army. I do think Dave is a tool, but for a "bickering couple" role, they are clearly very capable. They fight under stress but manage to get over it and work together when it counts, and Rachel clearly can stand up to her anger-management-needing husband, which keeps it from being the uncomfortable scream fest we've seen before.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The main thing I didn't care for about Dave and Rachel was the bragging in every private clip - and the smugness. They just seemed sooooooo sure of themselves as not only the better team, but the ONLY team who deserved to win and it got on my nerves. I have to say I was among the Anyone-but-Rachel&Brendan rooters. And I do have say that I found myself rooting for the BPA guys just because they didn't seem to blame each other for screwing up. Poor Art kept trying on the slide and his buddy just kept shouting encouragment instead of calling him names and cursing him out. Art was already so frustrated with himself that casting blame would have only made things worse.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Rachel's excellent performance this leg was VERY reminiscent of another Rachel I liked a lot -- Rachel of TJ and Rachel. TJ's Rachel blew past Christina in the final "memory" task, and enabled the Bohos to grab the $mil.
    I think Rachel and TJ are the reason there was no memory task. Rachel and TJ kept a journal of everywhere they went, which is why Rachel aced that final challenge. Subsequent teams started doing the same thing. The last time there was a memory task, all the teams just banged right through it; they were all keeping track.

So, I'm not expecting to see a lot of memory challenges in the future; I'd bet on more killer legs.

Vanessa's ankle. Talk about the worst challenge at the worst time!
    She was a , though.

I must say that if I were on TAR, I would really dread going to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm surprised at the hate for Team Army. I do think Dave is a tool, but for a "bickering couple" role, they are clearly very capable. They fight under stress but manage to get over it and work together when it counts, and Rachel clearly can stand up to her anger-management-needing husband, which keeps it from being the uncomfortable scream fest we've seen before.
    ITA. Rachel "gets" Dave and knows that's how he expresses stress. She doesn't let him walk all over her, but she doesn't seem to take it personally, either, and doesn't let it distract her. And when Dave isn't stressed, I think he appreciates Rachel.

Military pilots tend to have swaggering, uber-competitive, control-freak personalities; they need to be that way in the field. It just doesn't translate well into civilian life.

Personally, I would killed him when they missed the ferry and he was explaining the gravity (ROTF at his pronunciation) of the situation to her. Really, Dave? How would she ever have known how serious the situation was if you hadn't taken the time to explain, repeatedly and in detail?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I guess I'm one of the few who liked Vanessa & Ralph. I would have found it difficult to be pleasant/polite to the trashy BB Rachel myself. No, not difficult, impossible!!!

vCash
    I admire Rachael.
    She coped with her husband's absence, while he was serving in one of the most hazardous places on Earth.
    She's a strong woman; and good match for Dave.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    While Dave also drove me crazy w/all of the Military phrases throughout the Race, I've got to give him credit to *always* when finding out he was w/a Vet, thanking that person for their Service. W/relatives as Vets from WWII to now and the Gulf, that really meant a lot to me.

Hope that makes sense.

Visiting the Hiroshima Peace Park and Atomic Dome just brought a lump into my throat last night. The horrible things that we humans do to each other.

vCash
    I think Rachel and TJ are the reason there was no memory task. Rachel and TJ kept a journal of everywhere they went, which is why Rachel aced that final challenge. Subsequent teams started doing the same thing. The last time there was a memory task, all the teams just banged right through it; they were all keeping track.

So, I'm not expecting to see a lot of memory challenges in the future; I'd bet on more killer legs.
    I think that on the last memory challenge with the giant map that they had to climb they couldn't use notes. But they must have studied the way both teams flew through it with barely any mistakes. Love the giant map!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XzQdvYm6o#t=29m21s

vCash
    I am happy about who won I would so love to do that myself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast