Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    agreed

vCash
    Yeah, I don't know if Paul and Vanessa made the right decision, breaking up (at least results-wise). I think Piper and Paul will do quite well, but maybe not as well as Paul and Vanessa did or would have if they stayed together. I feel the same way about Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates. Sigh.

vCash
    Isn't the title to this thread incorrect?
    If Vanessa Crone has split up with Nikolaj Sorensen
    Why do the postings continue as they are still together?
    Can he title be corrected?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yukisnowflake View Post
    Isn't the title to this thread incorrect?
    If Vanessa Crone has split up with Nikolaj Sorensen
    Why do the postings continue as they are still together?
    Can he title be corrected?
    The current thread title is correct. The original thread was started when she first teamed up with Sorensen; the title was changed later to this current one by a mod. after their split was announced in post #36: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...64#post3583564
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if Paul and Vanessa made the right decision, breaking up (at least results-wise). I think Piper and Paul will do quite well, but maybe not as well as Paul and Vanessa did or would have if they stayed together. I feel the same way about Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates. Sigh.
    But there is something to be said about these athletes being happy. You may have a promising future together but if you're not happy then is it worth it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    But there is something to be said about these athletes being happy. You may have a promising future together but if you're not happy then is it worth it?
    True, I don't know exactly HOW unhappy they were. If they were miserable then they did make the right decision. I didn't really see Evan and Emily as being miserable together though, ever. I know there were some problems between Paul and Vanessa (or at least that's what I hear.. I don't know them personally).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The current thread title is correct. The original thread was started when she first teamed up with Sorensen; the title was changed later to this current one by a mod. after their split was announced in post #36: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...64#post3583564
    Oh Sylvia:
    Thanks for your reply clarifying the situation for me.
    I'm bad, I think I must have posted my query before reaching post #36.

vCash
    According to "facebook"....some exciting news at the end of the week........I hope she have found a partner worthy of her talents......fingers x'd.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    According to "facebook"....some exciting news at the end of the week........I hope she have found a partner worthy of her talents......fingers x'd.
    According to an earlier post on facebook she is still looking for a new partner. I am happy that she is not giving up,I was a little afraid that she would start coaching. I think that with her talent she is able to achieve much more than she already did. I am just curious with who she could possibly team up with.

vCash
    Oh, I hope it's not coaching yet for her. She has fans that want to see her skate competitively again. I know there were some minor issues with her posture (according to some non fans) but she is so light and quick on her feet. She needs to skate with a partner with whom she can connect.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I just hope Vanessa is able to find a partner and goes back to competition. I miss her!

vCash
    Oh double that for me. They were my favorite of the current Canadian ice dancers - I expected great things from them - they always had the most interesting choreography too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Oh, I hope it's not coaching yet for her. She has fans that want to see her skate competitively again. I know there were some minor issues with her posture (according to some non fans) but she is so light and quick on her feet. She needs to skate with a partner with whom she can connect.
    No, no. I am a fan of hers, but she has issues with her posture. It's simply something she should work on - doesn't mean I don't enjoy her skating.

Not all elite skaters are without flaw in posture or technique or etc. It's okay for fans to comment on ways their favorites can improve, without becoming non-fans for doing so.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Vanessa Crone decided to compete in Senior Ladies this season.

http://www.facebook.com/cronevanessa...56481291130407

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash

I didn't expect that, but the bar in Canadian Ladies singles right now is pretty low.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Didn't see that one coming. Hey, I'm just glad she will carry on skating and I wish her all the luck in the world. Be strong Vanessa cause we'll be here to support you!

vCash
    Did she used to compete for singles before?? How far did she go in jump content, if so?.. If not, well, you do realise Canadian Ladies fiels is pretty worthless when even Ice Dancers think they have a shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Did she used to compete for singles before?? How far did she go in jump content, if so?.. If not, well, you do realise Canadian Ladies fiels is pretty worthless when even Ice Dancers think they have a shot
    Yes, she skated at an 'international' in singles, North American Challenge Skate. http://results.skatecanada.ca/2006-2007/6nacscan.html

vCash
    I can't imagine starting a career as a singles skater at nearly age 22. Many singles skaters are at or nearing their peak at that point.

Her results at the 2006-2007 NAC were the worst of all the Canadian novice ladies, so it was no wonder she switched to ice dance.

vCash
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Crone competed at Canadian Nationals in junior ladies in 2008. You can see the protocols here; looks like she had all her doubles including the 2A, no idea if she still does or if she has any triples. Obviously she should have an easy time with step sequences.

Hopefully this will be more of a Jessica Dube type move, and she will eventually find the right partner. Until then, I wish her all the best. Even if she can't compete in dance, I'm happy she's not giving up on her career.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast