Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Sheesh. It seems she's not going to be able to skate for any other country but Canada and therein lies the problem. Wasn't that the deal breaker too when she tried out with Kieffer Hubbell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    Sheesh. It seems she's not going to be able to skate for any other country but Canada and therein lies the problem. Wasn't that the deal breaker too when she tried out with Kieffer Hubbell?
    Yeah but skate America and skate canada both refused to release their respective skaters

vCash
    would that not be an issue they would look at prior to starting to train and such? i understand why federations are reluctant to "release" skaters but it seems sad to think that they would rather a high level skater be watching than skating......becasue of logistics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Yeah but skate America and skate canada both refused to release their respective skaters
    From what I've gathered, US has some kind of policy that they can hold skaters who either received funding from them or competed internationally for up to 2 years. I think that's what happened with Piper Gilles.

vCash
    Last edited by scs; 06-03-2012 at 03:54 AM.

vCash
    Oh, I thought that Skate Canada would not release Vanessa and Keiffer at the end preferred to keep competing for the U.S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post

that was quick
    I was so hopeful to see vanessa again..... i still wonder why her and paul split ( yes i an NOT over it!!!)
    I was quite shocked when Paul & Vanessa split up too. They were like Virtue & Moir, and Wing & Lowe. They had skated together since they were children and had a very successful partnership.

It appears to have been some sort of disagreement about a change of direction or coaching. Vanessa wanted to move to someone else and Paul wanted to stay in Toronto with Carol Lane?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I was quite shocked when Paul & Vanessa split up too. They were like Virtue & Moir, and Wing & Lowe. They had skated together since they were children and had a very successful partnership.

It appears to have been some sort of disagreement about a change of direction or coaching. Vanessa wanted to move to someone else and Paul wanted to stay in Toronto with Carol Lane?
    I wonder if she regrets that now? So hard to see a top level skater so young that wants to skate and can't find the right match ( as apparently they can only be canadian!!)

vCash
    Wow... Vanessa posted a poll on her FB page asking if people still want to see her skate. If you have a facebook, you should show your support! I know that I'd hate to see her unable to skate just because her fed doesn't want to release her.

vCash
    Wow... Vanessa posted a poll on her FB page asking if people still want to see her skate. If you have a facebook, you should show your support! I know that I'd hate to see her unable to skate just because her fed doesn't want to release her.
    I vote for Vanessa must still skating. Hope SC will give her chance to skate for another country.

vCash
    I voted also for her continuing. What is with Collin Brubaker or Jordan Cowan, have they new partners?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I voted also for her continuing. What is with Collin Brubaker or Jordan Cowan, have they new partners?
    Maybe Cowan can skate with Vanessa? He does not need to be released because he is not a medalist last year? I think Brubaker is skating with somebody .

vCash
    I just find this whole thing for her rather sad.
    She is one half of what I thought was a very promising pairing with Paul. Not sure what drove them to splitting but it sure hasn't been favourable to Vanessa.

What I do find a bit strange -- asking on FB if she should continue skating. Will she actually use that as an indication of "should she stay or should she go"?

Personally, if she does want to continue skating, then I hope she finds someone soon. It must be very difficult to watch her former partner getting the blessings of the Canadian skating federation while she tries to even find someone to skate with.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I believe the page with the poll is a fan page. All the posts are written in the third person. Vanessa's Facebook page is set to private.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by charisma View Post
    I believe the page with the poll is a fan page. All the posts are written in the third person. Vanessa's Facebook page is set to private.
    It's established as a fan page, but it's got the inside track -- it's been the only source disseminating news about her for the past couple of months, including a photo of the two training. I sort of figured it was a promotional effort on her part (whoever's actually maintaining it).

vCash
    I just feel sorry for Vanessa. Hopefully she'll be able to find a new partner soon.

vCash
    I noticed today that Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen have registered for the Senior FD at the Quebec Summer Championships in mid-August - link to the competition thread in the Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84094

Crone's Facebook fan page has a few new updates and costume photos: http://www.facebook.com/cronevanessa
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Realistically, I think Vanessa Crone's best chance for a partner was . . . Paul Poirier.

I really don't see her achieving that level of success without him.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    That was quick
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Realistically, I think Vanessa Crone's best chance for a partner was . . . Paul Poirier.

I really don't see her achieving that level of success without him.
    Feeling like you've hit the nail on the head.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast