Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^ Thanks for the info, maatTheViking.

Wow, re Kipketer's '96 Olympic travails. Politics can sure be a bummer, especially for athletes told they can't compete for political reasons, be it citizenship rulings, etc.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    He might already have Permanent Residency status from training in Canada with Good. (I don't know if he was physically resident in Canada during this last season, when he was not competing. If he has PR status, and he was in Canada last year, he might have enough physical residency days as a PR for citizenship by sometime in 2013.) He might also have a visa that can be converted more easily and quickly to a PR visa. If he doesn't, he would qualify now under one of the "self-employed" provisions (for world class athletes and people in the arts).

If they managed to secure a spot for Sochi -- a long shot at this point -- then it would take some expedition for Permanent Residency, if he doesn't have it or can't convert an existing visa easily, and citizenship. Applicants from Denmark have to go through the (real) London office, and, according to the CIC site, normal processing time is 53 months, almost 4.5 years, for London. (US applicants go through Buffalo, where normal processing time is 24 months.)

It's always possible that one of his parents is a Canadian citizen.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 05-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I'm glad she found a partner. Good luck to both of them!

vCash
    He looks like the lovechild of Eric Radford and former US singles skater Scott Smith. He'll do. I wish them great success!

vCash
    I wish them well, really. Vanessa is a tremendously talented ice dancer and I wouldn't want to see that go to waste. I hope they make great progress together regardless of the name of the country they will represent.

vCash
    quite a peculiar pairing, but I wish them only successes. and personally, I'd love them to represent Denmark. how cool that would be to see Vanessa Crone at Euros .

vCash
    I am glad she found a partner but I really wish they could compete for Denmark. It will be a long time before they can have any chance of making a major team for Canada given their depth in ice dance.

vCash
    I can't wait to see how it turns out, I love her and I'm so glad they will be performing together!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am glad she found a partner but I really wish they could compete for Denmark. It will be a long time before they can have any chance of making a major team for Canada given their depth in ice dance.
    It's possible if V/M retire after the Olympics.. I think..

vCash
    i'm glad she found a partner!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    An on-ice photo of Crone and Sorensen was posted this past Friday: https://www.facebook.com/cronevanessa
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    How many short dances to "Sound of Music" do we have so far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    How many short dances to "Sound of Music" do we have so far?
    There will doubtless be many more Lonely Goatherds yet! The real question is: how many Lederhosen?
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the lonely goatherd might be my favorite song in the whole world, this is my year
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    There will doubtless be many more Lonely Goatherds yet! The real question is: how many Lederhosen?

to both......
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    From her facebook...
    Vanessa and Nikolaj have announced their split up this week. Vanessa will be releasing a write up on all of the updates and events. Stay posted!
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/cronevanessa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    From her facebook...
    Vanessa and Nikolaj have announced their split up this week. Vanessa will be releasing a write up on all of the updates and events. Stay posted!
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/cronevanessa

that was quick
    I was so hopeful to see vanessa again..... i still wonder why her and paul split ( yes i an NOT over it!!!)

vCash
    What a pity
    I hope that Vanessa can find a good partner soon
    It's so sad considering that they were announcing music selections and everything.

vCash
    Damn it all. So disappointed.

living every minute
    vCash
    But was such a team realistic for international competition? For which country would they have tried to skate? Canada has 5 teams that are at or nearly international level. Would Canada release Vanessa to skate for Denmark? Then what's the point of continuing?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast