Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Look at babies, learning to walk. They hold their arms out for balance at first. But as they practice and learn to balance, then gradually they learn how to walk without using their arms. Now that you've been walking (and running) for many years, you don't need to use your arms for balance.

Same thing with skating. Balance takes practice; the more you do it, the less you need your arms.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Yeah, takes practice. You don't need your arms to balance while standing on two feet, but I bet you did when you were a baby and just learning. You might need to use your arms while balancing on one foot, but with enough practice, you won't need to either. I can stretch my thigh holding one foot to my butt and not need my arms to balance. Skating taught me that.

I haven't skated for a long time (just getting back into the game), but if anything, it's shoulder orientation throwing me off, more than what my arms are doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12