Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    ... the backlight thingie is, so she can read in the dark... Is it just standard now for all e-readers?
    Not yet. Three ereaders have this: B&N Nook Glowlight, Amazon Paperwhite, Kobo Glo.

Amazon and Kobo only released their models a few months ago, it's a relatively new feature in ereaders. As mentioned, a tablet would be another option but they don't have e-ink screens.

vCash
    You should visit your local B&N and Best Buy to test out the Nook Reader and the Kindle Paperwhite, respectively.

I think the Kindle Paperwhite look quite good. The text appears nicely crisp against a muted white background that doesn't strain the eyes.

I have an unlighted Nook Reader from last year that still function quite well. The new lighted Nook looks good too, but I've read many complaints on the B&N site about a burn out hole that starts from the middle of the nook after a few weeks of owning it.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    thanks y'all! present ordered!

(orbitz, I would have rather bought one in person, but none of the stores near me have them in stock, so I'm just going for it)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    happy mom.... nice kid
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12