Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

vCash
    Sorry for her injury, but no replacement, too late?

vCash
    I just read about this over at IN a little while ago, and extend my condolences here as well to Alexa. Here's hoping she recovers 100% so that she & her partner will rock next season!

Ah, so D/S were the alternates, was wondering which American pair was. Imho they need rest and lots of practice together because this season was absolutey horrible. On the (+) side they have plenty of time off to get their act together and come back fighting next season! (:^)

I also read the Rockne Brubaker article on IN, and wish him the best in his partner search. He came across a bit sad when recounting his partner history, wanting pair longevity, but thus far it has passed him by. Also interesting to note was Tai Babiloniai's opinion that Lindsay Davis most likely was going to pair up with Rockne....hmmm........ Btw, I loved her and Ladwig's Nationals Exhibition performance!

Finally, here's wishing John Coughlin & Caydee Denny all the best at Worlds!!!!! (:^)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Do you think that C/S and even S/K will eventually pass D/C? If so, could it be by next season?
    I think Scimeca/Knierim have the goods to emerge as the top US teams in the next one or two seasons if everything goes well for them and there are no injuries.

vCash
    Does anyone know the extent of Alexa's injury. ie - Are they out of the running for 1st alternate / substitute for D/C at Worlds (should D/C not be ready) ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think Scimeca/Knierim have the goods to emerge as the top US teams in the next one or two seasons if everything goes well for them and there are no injuries.
    Thanks for your Eastern Euro-opinion on our pairs field ...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Does anyone know the extent of Alexa's injury. ie - Are they out of the running for 1st alternate / substitute for D/C at Worlds (should D/C not be ready) ??
    It's too early to know - the USFS press release stated that Scimeca "will undergo a full evaluation upon her return to Colorado Springs, Colo., where the team trains."

On a positive note, John Coughlin is practicing triple toes, according to his tweet yesterday. Also, Zhang/Bartholomay, the 2nd alternate for Worlds, attained the SP minimum TES needed for Worlds in their 4CC SP (they already had the FS min. from the Salt Lake Sr. B last September), so good for them!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It's too early to know - the USFS press release stated that Scimeca "will undergo a full evaluation upon her return to Colorado Springs, Colo., where the team trains."
    Yeah. I saw you posted her tweet in the S/K cheer thread that she wants to go back to training ASAP. Hopefully, it's not too serious. I'm starting to uber them, so this is a lesson to me to cool it.

It's also great to hear that John is back to the 3T, and encouraging that Z/B have the minimum score for Worlds. Best of luck to all of them.

vCash
    To the poster that said D/C broke up their dating relationship, I can confirm that isn't true...

vCash
    Junior pairs Caitlin Fields and Jason Pacin spilt up she is on IPS they came is 7th this year at nationals and 2nd in novice last year they were really good together

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From Golden Skate's Pairs FS recap article: http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/02/d...ur-continents/
    Castelli and Shnapir’s Tango routine was highlighted by a triple twist, a big throw double Axel and throw triple Salchow, but Shnapir’s Axel-toe was just a single-single. Like the other top teams, they earned a level four for all their lifts, but the death spiral and flying combo spin were a level three. The Americans earned a new season’s best with 117.04 points and 170.10 points overall

“We are very happy. It’s been a long last two or three weeks for us,” Castelli stated. “We are really happy we were able to perform again. We both would have liked a little better short, but overall we are very happy with where we started and ended.”

“We even had a little mistake in there, so we still have something to work toward. We can clean that up and get a higher score,” added Shnapir. “There was one little mistake on the second jumping pass, but we are thrilled with how the rest of the program went. It was strong and we felt very confident.”

USA’s Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay remained in fourth place at 167.30 points. Their Westside Story program included a triple twist, side by side triple toe, double Axel-double Axel and a throw triple loop, but Zhang fell on the throw triple Lutz.

“We are very pleased with our skate. We enjoyed it. We skated for us and for the audience and I thought we did a great job,” Zhang said.

“We put a lot of work, even in the one week since nationals, into the story of the program,” offered Bartholomay. “Our component marks keep reflecting that. We are going to keep pushing that. The technical stuff is the technical stuff is the technical stuff, it was good.”

“We are really open for improvement,” explained Bartholomay. “We had a triple whammy. It was our first championship event, an Olympic rink which we’re not used to, and we were out of the country for the first time together. At some points this week, I felt like I was learning so much I was like ‘ah!’ I feel we really kept ourselves together here.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-12-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: To add article link (FYI, I had originally posted the link in the 4CC Pairs FS thread)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/02/d...ur-continents/

Here's the link to the whole Golden Skate article. Such a large block of content should not be quoted without a link to avoid charges of plagiarism.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    If you clearly name the source and show that you are quoting, it's not plagiarism. I think you are thinking of copyright law.

ETA not that there is any violation of copyright here either. All there is is someone doing us a favor and then getting hassled for it.
    Last edited by MacMadame; 02-12-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    It's only going to be plagarism if you pretend you wrote it.

vCash
    Bump

Any word on what's going on with D/C? Meaning, will there be a test skate or something to determine if they are healthy enough and ready to represent the US at Worlds? Worlds is like in 3 weeks ...

Also, was it ever determined if S/K are OK to skate should D/C not make it? Alexa had an injury she didn't want to push through at 4CC's, but it didn't sound too serious ...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The deadline for official entries for Worlds is tonight (February 17, 2013 – 20:00 hrs, local time London, ON) so I would expect an official announcement to be made soon.

ETA:
    @TarahKayne recently tweeted this photo of herself wearing her first Team USA jacket ahead of her international debut with Danny O'Shea in The Hague, Netherlands next week:
    "wouldn't want to get cold at #challengecup2013 now ill be warm & proud! @USFigureSkating @doshea213 " http://pic.twitter.com/BRzleUHp
    The other 2 U.S. Senior pairs competing are Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth and DeeDee Leng/Timothy LeDuc. Toth is the only of the 6 to have competed previously as a senior internationally.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-18-2013 at 01:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ETA:
    @TarahKayne recently tweeted this photo of herself wearing her first Team USA jacket ahead of her international debut with Danny O'Shea in The Hague, Netherlands next week:
    "wouldn't want to get cold at #challengecup2013 now ill be warm & proud! @USFigureSkating @doshea213 "
    I love how excited the skaters get when they earn their first Team USA jacket.

vCash
    USFS will likely name Denney/Coughlin and Castelli / Shnapir, with Sciemeca / Knierim and Zhang / Bartholomay as substitutes. That should cover any contingencies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    USFS will likely name Denney/Coughlin and Castelli / Shnapir, with Sciemeca / Knierim and Zhang / Bartholomay as substitutes. That should cover any contingencies.
    That's true. It gives both D/C and S/K leeway.

Another question - After they are officially entered, what is the deadline as to when a substitute team can actually step on the ice as a replacement?

vCash
    That's true. It gives both D/C and S/K leeway.

Another question - After they are officially entered, what is the deadline as to when a substitute team can actually step on the ice as a replacement?
    Up until the draw for short program start order. After that, no changes allowed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Up until the draw for short program start order. After that, no changes allowed.
    Wow. That's on the eve of the actual competition.

Since Worlds is in Canada, and due to the status of D/C, it would probably be wise to have S/K or Z/B (if Alexa's injury is something more serious) physically in London, Ontario in case team D/C discovers something is wrong during practices. This would be similar to a Michelle Kwan - Emily Hughes situation from Torino in '06.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Denney/Coughlin will not be going to Worlds - press release should be forthcoming.

ETA - make that an article: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    (02/18/2013) - Even though John Coughlin said he has "come back as well as anyone could have hoped for" following hip surgery in December, he and pairs partner Caydee Denney decided not to compete at the World Figure Skating Championships next month in London, Ontario.

And although he said he has been back on the ice since Jan. 28 and that they have gotten most of their major elements back, he and Denney decided to look at the bigger picture, making sure they return to full strength as they approach the Olympic season. ...

Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, who finished fifth at the 2012 U.S. Championships, won the 2013 U.S. title and earned the bronze medal at the Four Continents Championships. They will represent the United States at the world championships along with Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-18-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast