Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post

Not trying to start anything, but did Tim LeDuc ever try-out w/ Caitlin? That would've been something!
    IIRC, yes, he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    IIRC, yes, he did.
    Ah, OK. Probably didn't work out due to a clash between LV 4 eyeliner and Dance Fever male diva-ishness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine2 View Post
    By the way just heard that Elise Middleton had a tryout with Michael Johnson and Chad Phillips at her rink in Los Angeles
    Skating with Chad doesn't make too much sense for her, isn't he aged out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Skating with Chad doesn't make too much sense for her, isn't he aged out?
    Yeah I think He just turned 21 it to bad He is a good pair skater and a good single skater and he looks really strong and fast on the ice I really like watching him I wish he could find a partner

vCash
    At the bottom of the Junior Worlds men/pairs preview article is this tidbit:
    [Dalilah] Sappenfield reports that Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim, the U.S. silver medalists, are recovering well from a soft-tissue injury to Scimeca's right foot that forced them to withdraw from the 2013 Four Continents Championships: "They're training their run-throughs pain free. She has had a combination of different treatments and is responding well. They still have to be monitored next week [to determined readiness] for the world championships."
    Sappenfield also mentioned in the article that Simpson/Blackmer will attempt sbs 3S in their FS for the first time.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Sappenfield also mentioned in the article that Simpson/Blackmer will attempt sbs 3S in their FS for the first time.
    Good news for S/K!! I hope Simpson/Blackmer have great performances.

vCash

Encouraging news for S/K. The monitoring though means that Z/B should still be practicing and ready, just in case

vCash
    Go US pairs!

vCash

Thanks, Sylvia, for providing more juicy info. ~ can't wait until S&B enter Seniors next year!!!!! Until then I hope they capture gold at Jr. Worlds this week!

By the way, it seems like everybody is upping their game (as it should be!), not just S&B with their sbs 3Ss, but also Max Aaron with three quads in the FS, as well as Ashley Wagner with a 3/3 combo.

Here's hoping both American pairs teams' skate clean at Worlds and earn 2 spots for next year's Olympics, whereas my hopes are a little higher for men & ladies. *crossing fingers*

vCash
    Congratulations to Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier, 2013 Junior World champions! Jessica Calalang & Zack Sidhu finish 9th and Britney Simpson & Matthew Blackmer 10th and so the U.S. retains 3 pair spots for 2014 Junior Worlds.

ETA: Denney/Frazier set new ISU personal best scores with 103.22 (FS) and 155.83 (total), improving on their previous PBs of 99.74 and 150.55 at 2012 Junior Worlds. They landed sbs 3S (-0.3) and 2A+2A seq., throw 3S (+1) and 3Lo (-0.3), and 3twist (+1.3).
    FS (2nd place) to "La Strada" by Nino Rota, choreo by Julie Marcotte: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZqlyjGwkY8
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-28-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: to add protocol notes & FS video link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I think Denney/Frazier are the ones to watch. They have the big tricks, loads of speed and a real fire in them.

I think they will be serious contenders for the spots on the Senior team next season.

vCash
    They have really improved this season. Skated really well in Milan. Congrats to them on a gold medal

vCash
    I thought Denney/Frazier's free skate came across much better today than it did at Nationals. Congrats to them. Very rarely is there a winning US pair at any major ISU competition, Jr or Sr-- It hasn't happened in quite a while. And this happens to be their first international medal ever. Great accomplishment!

vCash
    I DEFINITELY think Haven is the Denney sister to watch. Yay for them!

vCash
    Congrats to Haven and Brandon! More great choreo from Julie Marcotte too. Interesting background that D/F started out together in competitive roller skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Congrats to Haven and Brandon! More great choreo from Julie Marcotte too. Interesting background that D/F started out together in competitive roller skating.
    They did not leave Sappenfield that long ago at all and given she had the last team that won Jr. World's ...makes sense to give her the credit. I am excited to see what they do next year that will be the true vision of who they are becoming...CONGRATS to them.
    skatak
    added comments:

Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER, USA

La strada. will she die at the end ?

3Tw good
    th3S tilted and off axis, but smooth overall
    sbs 3S, she double footed it
    there is nobody in the stands
    2A - - 2A ok
    sbs spin in unidon and quite close, not so fast
    lift with reverse and re-reverse rotation
    th3Lp very snowy but landed
    strange entrance to the death spiral, seems like they missed the first one

overall the program was not really with the music all the time, not as emotionnal as the music is. but very fast and secure. good job.

Watching it there was a lot of straight knees, and roller skating type movements ..very choppy and not smooth skating jumps are low and spins are a little weird but they are developing so well. They skated very clean but it lacked some obvious maturity and smoothness I expect to see...I compare them to M/B and you start to see it... I am curious to see what their future holds in Senior given they are with John Z now...who has not been very successful coaching pairs.....but it will be exciting to see ...

The other two teams had some rough things happen but man US is doing well.... everyone was top 10 and all three that is pretty good..My favorite team was the team that was 7th in the short and won the FS....AMAZING...they will be blazing the Senior ranks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    They did not leave Sappenfield that long ago at all and given she had the last team that won Jr. World's ...makes sense to give her the credit.
    Um... no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    And this happens to be their first international medal ever. Great accomplishment!
    Wow, really? I didn't realize they hadn't medaled at any of their JGP events. Good for them!

vCash
    Congrats to Denney/Frazier first US pair to win the World Junior Title since McLaughlin & Brubaker in 2007.

vCash
    Originally Posted by figureit
    They did not leave Sappenfield that long ago at all and given she had the last team that won Jr. World's ...makes sense to give her the credit.

Originally Posted by Reese
    Um... no.

Actually I agree with Figureit. Delilah had them go to Marcotte, she had them up until October I believe, and clearly they are using her technique on twist and throws.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast