Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Were C/S practicing the throw 3A at Nationals? They haven't been putting into the performances all season in the long.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    From the commentary, I would suspect the throw quad salchow is more likely the upgrade they are considering.

vCash
    Included among the Team USA quotes distributed to the media were these 2 after Castelli/Shnapir's FS at Four Continents:
    (on Worlds) Castelli – We haven’t set goals for Worlds yet but we want to incorporate a throw quad into our program and work our jumps.

Shnapir – We have been working on the throw quad Salchow all season. We are looking for a good opportunity to put it in. I think Worlds is a great opportunity for us to put that out there and add it to our difficulty.
    Refer back to this May 2012 post in this thread re. Castelli/Shnapir's throw 4S (including a practice video clip): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3571230
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Included among the Team USA quotes distributed to the media were these 2 after Castelli/Shnapir's FS at Four Continents:

Refer back to this May 2012 post in this thread re. Castelli/Shnapir's throw 4S (including a practice video clip): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3571230
    Thanks, but I couldn't find the quad throw video clip. What page is it on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Thanks, but I couldn't find the quad throw video clip. What page is it on?
    Look under the RELATED CONTENT box in the May 2012 Icenetwork article: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "• Castelli & Shnapir - Quad Throw Salchow: Watch" <-- click on link on that page
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ Okay, thanks!

And that was a gorgeous throw 4salchow too.

vCash
    ^Thanks for the posts above regarding C/S and their throw jumps.

It seems they have been at the throw 3x for a longer period of time and it's less difficult (on paper) by virtue of 3.5 rotations vs. 4 rotations, so I just assumed that the throw 3x was the first element they would try to upgrade. Does anyone know their success rate in practice with either element?? Wouldn't that be something if they did both!

Thinking about C/S, I wonder why they don't add the SBS 3sal to their LP. It's got a higher base value than either the 3toe and 2x, and they've got a good track record with it. They could try SBS 3toe and 3sal -or- even just SBS 3sal and 2x (whichever one in combo).

vCash
    USFS pairs 2013 Nationals highlights on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqVHEgNQ1NI

vCash
    I've often wondered why they save the 3t for the LP when it is not as good as their SBS 3S. Perhaps they want to keep practicing both jumps and it is one way to do it? However, I think they might have left the 2a in because sometimes they can succeed in 2a2t, which is what they have planned? I don't think they are yet up to having either 3t or 3s in a combination, and they possibly don't want to lose the points there for the sequence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I've often wondered why they save the 3t for the LP when it is not as good as their SBS 3S. Perhaps they want to keep practicing both jumps and it is one way to do it? However, I think they might have left the 2a in because sometimes they can succeed in 2a2t, which is what they have planned? I don't think they are yet up to having either 3t or 3s in a combination, and they possibly don't want to lose the points there for the sequence.
    Good points, especially when you consider that only very recently, have they become consistent in landing SBS triples.

vCash
    Whoa, so S/K are going to Worlds instead of D/C, that's a bit of shocker since John seemed gungho on going, do or die, but I'm glad he had a change of heart and instead decided to concentrate on next season, which means taking the necessary time to heal properly without rushing it, so that him & Caydee can come back smoking next season!

Seriously, I still consider them America's #1 American Pair Team, and rightfully so, they are drop dead gorgeous & FABULOUS in person. *bow*

In the meantime, here's hoping C/S and S/K earn two spots for next year's Olympics.... *crossing fingers*

ps: I'm thinking someone no one expected to make the Olympic Pair Team will do so next year, it's going to be a dogfight! Whomever wants it the most will make the team, just like Max Aaron did so this year...

ETA: holy smokes that 4S throw from C/S is out of this f'ing world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (they too are FAB in person)

vCash
    International debut at Challenge Cup for 3 U.S. pairs today - Kayne/O'Shea (54.11), Leng/LeDuc (51.79) and Baga/Toth (43.75) are 3rd, 5th and 6th, respectively, after the SP in The Hague - link to detailed protocols (cross-posted in the competition thread in Kiss and Cry): http://kunstrijden.knsb.nl/2012-2013..._SP_Scores.pdf
    I know jumps aren't everything in pairs , but it's nice to see that all 3 teams landed their sbs triples with + GOE.

vCash
    Well, everyone landing their jumps is very good news. Thanks, Sylvia!

vCash
    I think Leng/LeDuc probably has the best sbs triples among the American pairs. The 3toes they both did at Nationals were gorgeous.

vCash
    My friend in Colorado Springs says that Dalilah has a new pair team? She said they are senior and blonde? And that it looks like they moved to her, not were just starting out together. Does anybody know who this is? Perhaps Yankowskas and Reagan?

vCash
    ^^ I wouldn't think so, what with Caydee and John (Caitlin's former partner), training with Dalilah as her top team.

Perhaps the new blondies are a U.S. junior team that may have recently paired up, or maybe even an international team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    International debut at Challenge Cup for 3 U.S. pairs today - Kayne/O'Shea (54.11), Leng/LeDuc (51.79) and Baga/Toth (43.75) are 3rd, 5th and 6th, respectively, after the SP in The Hague - link to detailed protocols (cross-posted in the competition thread in Kiss and Cry): http://kunstrijden.knsb.nl/2012-2013..._SP_Scores.pdf
    I know jumps aren't everything in pairs , but it's nice to see that all 3 teams landed their sbs triples with + GOE.
    Congrats to the newbie US teams! 2 teams making the tech. Minimum score and Kayne/O'Shea even passing the original higher tech score! Great job!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    My friend in Colorado Springs says that Dalilah has a new pair team? She said they are senior and blonde? And that it looks like they moved to her, not were just starting out together. Does anybody know who this is? Perhaps Yankowskas and Reagan?
    Without getting myself in FSU hot water...I would not plan on seeing that team anytime soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    My friend in Colorado Springs says that Dalilah has a new pair team? She said they are senior and blonde? And that it looks like they moved to her, not were just starting out together. Does anybody know who this is?
    Olivia Oltmanns and Joshua Santillan.

vCash
    ^^ Thanks Sylvia.

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=39640&mode=P IN profile for Olivia

Oltmanns/ Santillan are not yet a senior team. They look good together in the photo.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast