Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I started a new thread in GSD earlier today for all notable team split news and posted about these 2 Novice pair splits post-Nationals, now listed on icepartnersearch.com (IPS):
    Elise Middleton (3rd with Robert Hennings - I liked them )
    Juliette Erickson (11th with Connor Fleming)
    : Middleton/Hennings had such possibilities

Just go ahead and stick a fork in my heart and tell me Divette and Utah are breaking up.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Agreed^^ I really thought that team had huge potential!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post

Just go ahead and stick a fork in my heart and tell me Divette and Utah are breaking up.
    No don't even think this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    : Middleton/Hennings had such possibilities
    I know!

Really sad to hear about this breakup!

vCash
    I heard that Elise might have a tryout in California LA

vCash
    Hmmmmmmmmm

vCash
    I forgot to mention earlier that Colin Grafton is still listed on IPS but hasn't updated his profile since November 2012 so I don't know if he is currently looking.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    This should be an interesting interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_AMV61lSI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine2 View Post
    I heard that Elise might have a tryout in California LA
    Elise is certainly a lovely skater with gorgeous lines, and seemingly mature artistically for her age. How tall is she, btw?

vCash
    Elise Middleton is 5'0" according to her IPS profile:
    http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4279

vCash
    I think Elise needs a stronger and taller partner and also a guy that can jump and won't drop her like what happen in practice and in the program I heard that she got dropped doing a lift on ice over summer and broke her front teeth

vCash
    ^^ It was my observation as well that Elise (although she and Hennings looked good together) appears to need a taller and a stronger partner, and also someone who might better match her graceful lines and maturity. Hennings looks to be a very good skater, and I'm sure that if he's still interested in skating he will improve with more maturity, dedication, and strength training.

vCash
    Tarah Kayne/Daniel O'Shea (7th at Nationals) and Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth (8th) are on the entry list for the Challenge Cup in The Hague, Netherlands (Feb. 21-24) - see event thread started in the Kiss and Cry forum. DeeDee Leng/Timothy LeDuc (9th) are listed as substitutes. Good to see 2 of these new pairs getting a chance to compete internationally so soon after Nationals! This will be the international debut for Kayne, and also for O'Shea at the senior level (he previously competed at one JGP in singles).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I really do hope that Leng and LeDuc get an international in the fall, if not sooner. Once she has built up stamina, I think that this team could be as good as Ina/Zimmerman. They have a similar 'feel' to them in my opinion. Talk about a huge transition-- DeeDee was so unpolished when she won juniors, and now to see the beautiful well-packaged pairs lady that she has become-- nothing short of miraculous!
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I really do hope that Leng and LeDuc get an international in the fall, if not sooner. Once she has built up stamina, I think that this team could be as good as Ina/Zimmerman. They have a similar 'feel' to them in my opinion. Talk about a huge transition-- DeeDee was so unpolished when she won juniors, and now to see the beautiful well-packaged pairs lady that she has become-- nothing short of miraculous!
    Totally agree. They have an insane amount of potential. And they can jump!

vCash
    I am very excited about Leng/Le Duc and quite a few other pairs! I'm very excited to see how K/O and B/T fare at their first international.

US Pairs!!

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I love that the USFS is giving some of these kids an opportunity so soon after nationals as well. So many new young teams with potential at Nationals this season, lets hope this support from the fed and getting some international events helps motivate them to stay together.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I think there are some good boys in California that have done pairs before that Elise could partner up with there was one boy on IPS from Los Angeles California but I don't know what happened to him he is not on IPS anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I love that the USFS is giving some of these kids an opportunity so soon after nationals as well. So many new young teams with potential at Nationals this season, lets hope this support from the fed and getting some international events helps motivate them to stay together.
    Good point!

vCash
    I really hope that Davis/Ladwig splitting isn't true. I thought they have really improved and done well at Nationals for a team who've been skating such a short time together.

Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Amanda Evora and Rockne were seen talking at Nationals....discuss
    They have known each other for years so they talk when they meet at various skating events. What is there to discuss?

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast